Sign in to follow this  
peep

BMRF DayZ Private Shard - Automated Whitelist | Active Admins - Billy Mays Remembrance Foundation

It's been awhile since I've been around these forums. If you dig deep enough in my post history, you'll probably find that I posted one of (if not the) very first server advertisement threads for a DayZ mod private hive. Back when the mods weren't even sure if it should be allowed or not due to private hives being a very new thing that Rocket did not like at the time.

A lot has obviously changed since then, but here I am with another BMRF server advertisement post. I would like to liven things back up again and hopefully build a community as strong as it was in the lifetime of the mod. So I've purchased a private shard.

Connection Info:
From the server browser, click remote and enter the following information:

Host: dayz.bmrf.me (75.127.1.122)
Port: 2402

b_560_95_1.png

Here are some of the things you can expect from our server compared to others:

• The forum integrated BMRF whitelist.
  • Your loot is unique to this server and we'll never restart to recycle loot.
  • A custom BEC setup hosted on our own machine that doesn't force dumb GSP branding spam
  • A sane timezone setup for most American players. Ideally it gets dark around 3AM EST and light around noon. This *might* not be setup correctly, so let me know if it's weird.
  • Active admins monitoring both the game and server logs (the latest patch introduces decent admin logs.)
  • Third person and persistence are both on.

Whitelisting: 

Our whitelisting process is automatic, all you have to do is create an account on our forums by clicking the big "whitelist" button at https://bmrf.me or by going directly to https://community.bmrf.me/register.php. After this, our whitelisting software will use your IP from the forums and assign your GUID to your forum account once you log in. Your IP is only used once, so our whitelisting process is very seamless and straightforward.

Feel free to leave any questions in this thread and I'll get to them. You can also ask at #bmrf on irc.synirc.net if you're familiar with IRC. 

Edited by Peep
  • Like 2

I have edited your post, you may ask for donations on your Forum, not here.

Good luck with the new server.

I have edited your post, you may ask for donations on your Forum, not here.

Good luck with the new server.

Yeah fair enough, I wasn't sure if it was allowed here and it's perfectly reasonable to edit it out.

So people still have to dig out the GUID when i understood this right - since there is no way to generate a GUID using a IP.

Can they directly play on your server after they did that?

"After this, our whitelisting software will use your IP from the forums and assign your GUID to your forum account once you log in."

Wish you all the best for your server :)

So people still have to dig out the GUID when i understood this right - since there is no way to generate a GUID using a IP.

Can they directly play on your server after they did that?

"After this, our whitelisting software will use your IP from the forums and assign your GUID to your forum account once you log in."

Wish you all the best for your server :)

You get both a GUID and an IP address on a connection attempt, so that gets checked against the forum database for a matching IP. If it exists, that GUID is then linked with the forum account.

So yes, creating an account on the forums is all that's required to play. The rest is automatic.

• Like 2

You get both a GUID and an IP address on a connection attempt, so that gets checked against the forum database for a matching IP. If it exists, that GUID is then linked with the forum account.

So yes, creating an account on the forums is all that's required to play. The rest is automatic.

You just forgot to mention that they first need to try to log in to the gameserver :D

BMRF was the best community, best servers, best admin in the DayZ mod. I have NO DOUBT, that they will continue this once SA gets cooking with gas. 

Thanks for the opportunity again Peep. I've found my home again!

• Like 2

I don't have the standalone yet.  I just haven't decided to take that plunge yet.  But I've played a lot of DayZ on BMRF servers and have been a member of the BMRF community on and off for awhile now.  The fact that they have a private standalone server now may actually push me toward purchasing the game.

BMRF is a great community.  A lot of good people there.  The admins are good guys, and they do a great job.  Definitely one of the better communities and server groups I've taken part in.

Edited by H4YW1R3
  • Like 1

Thanks for the kind words guys. Glad to see you around again!

You just forgot to mention that they first need to try to log in to the gameserver :D

You can make a forum account before ever making a connection attempt to the game server and it will work fine.

You can make a forum account before ever making a connection attempt to the game server and it will work fine.

Now am really confused - you basically say you can generate the GUID to whitelist people in Dayz just from a IP?

How should that work since so far i understand this the GUID is bound to the steam account you use.

Now am really confused - you basically say you can generate the GUID to whitelist people in Dayz just from a IP?

How should that work since so far i understand this the GUID is bound to the steam account you use.

A GUID is never 'generated' from the IP address. There's simply a relationship between the two and you use that relationship to whitelist a player, like so:

IP (game) -> GUID (game) <- IP (forum). If a person on the forums has the same IP as a connecting player, then grab the GUID they're connecting with and whitelist it. Here's the steps taken, more or less:

• User connects with GUID d863c7d36d96823177c9ca0372dc69c2 and IP 123.255.123.255
  • A whitelist program watching rcon connections will check if that GUID exists in the database.
  • If it does, the user is allowed in the server.
  • If it doesn't, it takes the IP the user connected with and searches the forum database for a match.
  • If a match is found, it adds the user to a new database table with the GUID they connected with, and the user ID of the forum account they were matched to.
  • If no cases are satisfied, they're kicked from the server.

This is how it works at a basic level, it does more than that as it checks certain forum usergroups and makes different decisions based on usergroup (don't allow users who haven't confirmed their email address, give VIPs and admins priority access, etc.)

Edit: I see you're looking at re-doing your own auto whitelist setup, I may be able to help out if you PM me.

Edited by Peep
  • Like 1

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

..When I got that email you blasted out my heart melted. Its starting to feel like dayz again :)

(Glad to see you are getting things back up again.. I loved my days as a moderator on the old bmrf.me site so as always if you need any help what so ever, just let me know)

For old times sake (artwork credit: Valdark):

E9xv0XN.jpg

Edited by lrish

A GUID is never 'generated' from the IP address. There's simply a relationship between the two and you use that relationship to whitelist a player, like so:

IP (game) -> GUID (game) <- IP (forum). If a person on the forums has the same IP as a connecting player, then grab the GUID they're connecting with and whitelist it. Here's the steps taken, more or less:

• User connects with GUID d863c7d36d96823177c9ca0372dc69c2 and IP 123.255.123.255
  • A whitelist program watching rcon connections will check if that GUID exists in the database.
  • If it does, the user is allowed in the server.
  • If it doesn't, it takes the IP the user connected with and searches the forum database for a match.
  • If a match is found, it adds the user to a new database table with the GUID they connected with, and the user ID of the forum account they were matched to.
  • If no cases are satisfied, they're kicked from the server.

This is how it works at a basic level, it does more than that as it checks certain forum usergroups and makes different decisions based on usergroup (don't allow users who haven't confirmed their email address, give VIPs and admins priority access, etc.)

Edit: I see you're looking at re-doing your own auto whitelist setup, I may be able to help out if you PM me.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Glad to see you around again!

So you GOT to connect to the gameserver - that´s all i said in the first place - they have first try to connect no matter if its before or after they created a forum account with the same IP - they have to connect to the game server to have it work :D

That is very kind Peep, really. I might get back to you this is a very amazing offer from your side. :)

So you GOT to connect to the gameserver - that´s all i said in the first place - they have first try to connect no matter if its before or after they created a forum account with the same IP - they have to connect to the game server to have it work :D

my two cents but if anyone wants to play they got to connect to the server my take on the process is that if your a forum member you get allowed in if your ip is the same that you signed up to the forums with therefore sign up to the forums and validated via email connect to the server and the whitelister checks the forums for guid first then fallbacks to ip and let you in after that its got your guid from the ip match. if you have an account you get in if you don't you get kicked, im just wondering how you accomplish this without 3rd party whitelisting tool afik normal bec whitelist doesn't do this as standard 

Edited by AmberHelios

my two cents but if anyone wants to play they got to connect to the server my take on the process is that if your a forum member you get allowed in if your ip is the same that you signed up to the forums with therefore sign up to the forums and validated via email connect to the server and the whitelister checks the forums for guid first then fallbacks to ip and let you in after that its got your guid from the ip match. if you have an account you get in if you don't you get kicked, im just wondering how you accomplish this without 3rd party whitelisting tool afik normal bec whitelist doesn't do this as standard 

ofc this is all custom :D

Yeah I think I understand you now, it's true that no actual whitelisting happens until you connect to the game. I was just a little confused since you obviously have to connect to the server to play the game, so it should never matter. It's all done within a second and the user has no idea.

Enlist now! BMRF is one of the most reliable and high quality server you will find around, you wont regret it.

• Like 1

Good numbers lately, should be well into the top 100 real soon.

• Like 1

Good server, good staff.  Been playing their servers off and on for close to 2 years now.

nice to see you guys back online and in the SA game. our crew had a great time on your DayZero servers back when that was the hottest mod going.