Sign in to follow this  
Tatanko

Map Changes in 0.53: Rewind and play it again!

I promised I would share some better pictures of the map changes in 0.53 whenever I got a chance. I drove all over the map tonight and got to see everything but the islands. Those will come tomorrow. Until then, enjoy my recap of everything else so far in all its shiny glory.

EDIT: Make sure you scroll allllll the way down to the bottom to see all the new locations!

The graveyards at Berezino and Pustoshka:

cMJ7C01.jpg

GvgyNbC.jpg

5pEJDfZ.jpg

I1XnlNt.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 8

The new Village of Nagornoe:

FxwO39m.jpg

kcvDt1Y.jpg

j0yj1JO.jpg

ZUr0ZV7.jpg

• Like 4

Finally, some bonus V3S pictures to hold you over until tomorrow :)

I made it all the way to the staggering altitude of the Standing Stones at Altar. It was quite a challenge. The poor V3S was chugging towards the top :p

TeHCj8Z.jpg

...and here is where I leave you until tomorrow:

8mIvX8K.jpg

• Like 8

8mIvX8K.jpg

I love this one.  It's like the truck is day dreaming.  Like he just got done watching a Bond movie and is longing to be a gadget filled car.  "One day, Phil.  One day you'll make it to that island.  One day you'll be an amphibious spy vehicle."

• Like 3

I love this one.  It's like the truck is day dreaming.  Like he just got done watching a Bond movie and is longing to be a gadget filled car.  "One day, Phil.  One day you'll make it to that island.  One day you'll be an amphibious spy vehicle."

Haha thanks! It was definitely intended to cause some daydreaming. I like your idea :P

Edited by Tatanko

Great shot with the island in the background. Thanks for sharing the church and graveyard info. I love WWII history so I'm gonna have to research the memorial info. Clearly something regarding the soldiers who fought between 41 and 45. Be neat to see exactly what its all about.  :beans:

I'm unsure why, but this last week I decided to live out of one of these, its a pleasant little piece of hideaway.

I1XnlNt.jpg

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 1

Great shot with the island in the background. Thanks for sharing the church and graveyard info. I love WWII history so I'm gonna have to research the memorial info. Clearly something regarding the soldiers who fought between 41 and 45. Be neat to see exactly what its all about.  :beans:

If you're interested in WWII history don't forget about the other memorials. The tank statue in Berezino, the statue of soldiers in Chernogorsk, the memorial obelisk in Severograd, etc.

I'm unsure why, but this last week I decided to live out of one of these, its a pleasant little piece of hideaway.

They're about the size of a one-bedroom apartment in NYC so I can see how that would be possible :P They do spawn loot too, so it's not like they're just shelter. Odd that they chose one of the tiny churches for that particular graveyard, the other 4 use a large church (but none are enterable so this is arguably better).

Edited by Tatanko

They're about the size of a one-bedroom apartment in NYC so I can see how that would be possible :P They do spawn loot too, so it's not like they're just shelter. Odd that they chose one of the tiny churches for that particular graveyard, the other 4 use a large church (but none are enterable so this is arguably better).

I do like the desgin of them personally.  The loot within is just another boosting factor to set up shop.

I do like the desgin of them personally.  The loot within is just another boosting factor to set up shop.

How are you going about using them? I'd be interested to see how you're utilizing the space.

How are you going about using them? I'd be interested to see how you're utilizing the space.

Magicians never tell ;).  Lets just say I have alot of burlap and netting :).

• Like 1

Today I was able to take another look at Prison Island. I tried to get to Skalisty as well but I just didn't have time. I'll include a link to some shots of Cherno and Elektro that I took this evening as well. Enjoy :)

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156341-lets-post-some-screen-shots-standalone/?p=2212434

zRAEnHC.jpg

BNy7RaB.jpg

wDXEcHg.jpg

jdq7LT3.jpg

e2F1IXg.jpg

jRyIjht.jpg

rSOcAww.jpg

TIOLPRk.jpg

vdM38pb.jpg

Finally made it back to Skalisty Island this evening. The island is gorgeous, though I am disappointed that you are still unable to trap rabbits or harvest red berries and apples. I didn't take notice to whether or not there were any Ashwood trees, but I'll be there again soon enough. I have one last place to check for changes as yet undocumented in the northwest..... Anyway, enjoy :)

ONpqFIe.jpg

wFlXrnA.jpg

l1CSpVE.jpg

gxWM7LH.jpg

5izZeBT.jpg

fiGOtVY.jpg

dlQEqca.jpg

C8HtRIv.jpg

4vxnYvA.jpg

HWQFiOO.jpg

kgtfubF.jpg

JgY6Rci.jpg

l7W4qef.jpg

DFuge1J.jpg

If you're interested in WWII history don't forget about the other memorials. The tank statue in Berezino, the statue of soldiers in Chernogorsk, the memorial obelisk in Severograd, etc.

In this case...I hope they will open the other type of church/ chapel too ( the small yellow one that is)

In this case...I hope they will open the other type of church/ chapel too ( the small yellow one that is)

I'm of the opinion that everything should be enter-able, but I worry how that would affect the performance of the game as well.