SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.53 Discussion

As always, we will be watching server data, and the feedback tracker for any potential severe issues and will address them accordingly with a hot fix. For any bugs/issues you run into, please let us know by filing it on the feedback tracker: http://feedback.dayzgame.com

New items:
- Crafted Leather Jacket, Pants, Backpack, Shoes and Vest
- Broom
- Canoe paddle
- Lead pipe
- Steak knife
- Hatchet
- Hay Hook
- Flanged Mace
- Red, green, blue and gray sweater
- Red, green, blue, yellow, violet, orange and black quilted jackets
- Blue, red, pink and black raincoat
- Yellow, orange, blue, green, red, pink and black armband
- Khaki, Black, Olive and Tan M65 Jacket
- Bayonet for AKs
- Flare gun
- Ice Axe
- Field Shovel
- Lug Wrench

New mechanics:
- Handheld scopes not limited in Y axis.
- You can use rope, duct tape or wire for restraining other players.
- You can use blades, pliers, hacksaw and lock pick to untie players.
- You can craft armbands by shredding raincoats.
- You can use cooking tripod as melee.
- You can attach cooking tripod on fireplace.
- You can pour water, gasoline or disinfectant into any kind of container (except soda cans).
- You can pour liquids from container to container.
- You can tan skin using lime.
- You can upgrade fireplace to furnace.
- You can use Ice Axe for stone picking.
- You can sew Leather Jacket, Vest, Pants, Shoes, Hat and Sack from Tanned Leather with Leather Sewing Kit.
- Construct fireplace states by attachments.
- Fireplace consuming fuels (heating/cooling fireplace temperature).
- Heat transfer from heated items (you can heat items in a fireplace and then bring them with you to keep you warm).
- You can find worms when digging garden plot.
- Planting in garden plot is less effective in comparison to greenhouse.
- Zucchini plant, seeds and its growing process.

New animations + audio:
- Flare gun hand pose & reload animation
- Water pump water pouring
- Supersonic crack sound for weapons with supersonic ammo
- Bullet fly wizz
- Melee weapons sounds
- Flare gun sounds

New locations:
- Terra incognita
- Castle on Skalisty island
- Nagornoe village

Programming:
- New version of BattleEye.
- Antihacks.
- Vehicle persistence.
- The navmesh controller connected to the entity controller.
- Adminlogs added for private shards (logs connects and disconnects of player, logs messages sent through chat, logs player kills).

Fixed:
- Suicide with various items
- You can not unpin grenade laying on the ground
- Ghillie suit painting
- Arrow crafting no longer consumes 2 instead of 1 feather in certain circumstances
- Deployment of ruined fishtrap
- Cancel action during digging in greenhouse
- Fireplace heating process tweaked
- Effect of wetness on temperature tweaked
- Handguard placement on AKs
- Kitchen Knife cannot be placed on back
- Fish trap deterioration and sardines count
- Damaged an Ruined texture on some items (book, heatpack,...)
- Shovel size
- Clothing sizes tweaked
- Heatpacks keeps you warm longer, but its longevity is affected by it's damage
- Gun muzzle flashes

Known issues:
- Server freezes.
- Character falls/gets stuck after throwing melee weapon during swing/weapon change.
- Player can't pick up items from the ground sometimes.
- V3S can clip under ground in certain circumstances.
- Players are experiencing desync while next to each other/ in vehicles.
- Items with classnames that are too long aren't saved into the character database.
- Items in backpack rearranges upon connection to server.
- Player is stuck in building after reconnect.
- City/Shadow related client FPS drops.
- Camera clipping issues.

- Zombies cannot pass through open doorways in certain objects - can pass through closed doors in others.

Edit: "tracks damage dealt from player to player" removed from the Adminlogs feature.

• Like 12

Any word on whether helicopter spawns are fixed on Persistence enabled servers?

Brian ole lad check this out in the public server rules it says " Do not Kick/Ban players without just cause " But i dont see any rules that say we can ban players ? Also if public servers are not getting the ability to ban suspect cheaters whats the point in checking server logs, kicking players aint solving the issue as they only return.

If for the moment you aint happy about giving public servers the ban option then atleast consider a temp ban time limit which will prevent a hacker from coming back to the same server under a diff name. Good on ya for getting the game update out as the community really needs some new content, i hope you remove those christmas trees as its not longer crimbo lol

Edited by ggm8-pilgram
  • Like 1

- Items with classnames that are too long aren't saved into the character database.

Any word what items are affected?

Programming:

- New version of BattleEye.

- Antihacks.

- Vehicle persistence.

- The navmesh controller connected to the entity controller.

- Adminlogs added for private shards (logs connects and disconnects of player, tracks damage dealt from player to player, logs messages sent through chat ...).

All I have to say, from us admins is Thank you BI for moving forward.

Sneaks

• Like 1

Great patch!

Is persistence enabled on all servers now or is still optional?

• Like 1

Holy shit ! Vehicle persistence, new locations, lots of new items , heat and heating things working properly and all on stable ?? Loving it . Great work devs and whole team alike !!

• Like 1

- Server freezes.

Any word on when this will be fixed or what causes the issue?

New locations:

- Terra incognita

Anyone has ideas what this means? Where is this Terra Incognita located and what is the difference between the previous version?

Edited by saamohod

Hm, I'm not sure I agree it's that great, for the player there is not too much new or exciting i think... Sure some nice things here and there, but game mechanically wise right now I dont have the impression this is a big leap, hope it comes sometime soon.

The only thing I am really looking forward to is the anti-hack development, but lets first see a while how well that works...

Also now i see they implement bullet fly wizz and stuff, would be nice to start with maybe always hearing a weapon that is fired within hundred meters from you... Plus getting some idea from what direction you hear sounds, still quite very often.

And what about the new animal AI, is it not implemented, or just not mentioned in the list?

• Like 2

Anyone has ideas what this means? Where is this Terra Incognita located and what is the difference between the previous version?

That's most likely their name for the prison island

• Like 1

- Adminlogs added for private shards (logs connects and disconnects of player, tracks damage dealt from player to player, logs messages sent through chat ...).

So does this mean Public shards still do not have logs?

Also, I see no mention of a fix for not being able to skin and quarter hunted animals.  There is a bug that hangs up when trying to skin animals sometimes and you have to cancel the action and then the option never comes back.

Hm, I'm not sure I agree it's that great, for the player there is not too much new or exciting i think... Sure some nice things here and there, but game mechanically wise right now I dont have the impression this is a big leap, hope it comes sometime soon.

The only thing I am really looking forward to is the anti-hack development, but lets first see a while how well that works...

Also now i see they implement bullet fly wizz and stuff, would be nice to start with maybe always hearing a weapon that is fired within hundred meters from you... Plus getting some idea from what direction you hear sounds, still quite very often.

And what about the new animal AI, is it not implemented, or just not mentioned in the list?

For players its additional content to be tested.

For server admins worrying about anti hacks, its a step in the right direction.

As you have noticed, over the course of a few months they have added and removed items and are looking for result data from the alpha testers.

Still, I am lost on why people see this as a finished polished game?

Its alpha, this is another part of the Q1 testing phase. Data-results from the community, bug fixes then Q2 introduced. Its the procedure of all newly designed games. before the final polished release.

At least this is the theory my business practices are handled.

I don't think i like the placement of the new village, Nagornoe.

It was always so quiet and comfy up there.

• Like 1

"Terra incognita" is Latin for "unknown land" and being that the prison island wasn't listed explicitly, I'd say this is a non-direct way of referencing the new island.

I see they snuck the M65 Field Jacket in to the Stable release :) The village of Nagornoe is also officially listed now, which I only just uncovered last night on Experimental after nearly a week of playing.

• Like 1

what certain circumstance has to happen?

Is like before the last exp patch when you drove a truck and just randomly youre in the ground and if you eject youre dead?

Im kinda disappointed that old bugs come back in new patches =/

Edited by Axezeroone

please look into making server rules abit more clear .. http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=21107

Thank you for making this!!! I've been trying to get my login fixed now for nearly 2 months on that site and have been wanting to ask these questions.  :beans:  :beans:

All I have to say, from us admins is Thank you BI for moving forward.

Sneaks

Here here!!! From one admin to another, here's to having LOGS!!!!!!! 

Edited by The Riddler

what certain circumstance has to happen?

Is like before the last exp patch when you drove a truck and just randomly youre in the ground and if you eject youre dead?

Im kinda disappointed that old bugs come back in new patches =/

They do say its being worked on thats better than nothing :)

" Items with classnames that are too long aren't saved into the character database.

Any chance we might get some examples? So we can avoid the heartache that might come from losing a valuable item.

Time to light some flare fireworks!

• Like 1