Sign in to follow this  
Simerent

DayZ / Steam Shuts-Down Simultaneously

Over the last few days my DayZ client has been crashing randomly and shutting down Steam with it. I would start up the game and after about 20-30 minutes it would crash randomly with nothing particularly different happening then what usually happens (running and killing zombies). I don't know why this is happening.

I've tried reinstalling Steam, DayZ, running Steam, DayZ and BEClient in Compatibility Mode for Windows 7. I've edited my video settings to make sure I am not able to run it. I have also monitored my temperature for my computer to make sure it wasn't overheating and closing DayZ / Steam because of it.

At this point I am out of ideas on what to do..

I have attached my DxDiag to this and this is the link to the DayZ.rar from my AppData folder.

If someone could help with this situation that would be awesome :)

DxDiag.txt

I have the same problem from time to time. I think there's nothing more to it than this game is in alpha, and this is what you could expect.

It was only yesterday this probalem occurred for me. But after about 5 attempts, I got to play the game for about 3 hours, til I closet it myself.

So for me it usually works after a few times trying. Don't give up the fight against the bug. Eventually, you will win! ;)

• Like 1

quick glance through your logs its a memory access violation, have any of your drivers been updated recently, the faulting address seems to points to Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redist try reinstalling that 

quick glance through your logs its a memory access violation, have any of your drivers been updated recently, the faulting address seems to points to Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redist try reinstalling that 

I updated my NVIDIA drivers to combat my Dying Light lag.. Could that be it?

Reinstalled all of my packages of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008-2013 redist and still hasn't fixed the problem.. Any other suggestions?

Been playing without problems for quite some time now and the above started 3 days ago.

CTDs, dayz has stopped working etc

Not I, nor windows, nor nvidia, made changes to.my pc. So something happend but not from my side.

Now it is: spawn run 30 yards and ctd. Restart dayz, spawn run 30 yards aaaaand bam ctd. This will go on for 5/6 times after which i can play normally.

So yeah weird.

Been playing without problems for quite some time now and the above started 3 days ago.

CTDs, dayz has stopped working etc

Not I, nor windows, nor nvidia, made changes to.my pc. So something happend but not from my side.

Now it is: spawn run 30 yards and ctd. Restart dayz, spawn run 30 yards aaaaand bam ctd. This will go on for 5/6 times after which i can play normally.

So yeah weird.

Atleast yours goes away. Mine stays until I give up after like 10 restarts.

Atleast yours goes away. Mine stays until I give up after like 10 restarts.

Thats just f'd up man. :(

I solved my CTD issue by removing Run as Admin on both Steam and Dayz... :)

but only for around 1 hour until it crashes. :)

Edited by PILLPOPPER