Sign in to follow this  
HaveADeath

Land Rover Wolf mounted machine gun truck

Let me first say I know vehicles  are very hard to implement and take lots of time to create.

But eventually I would like to see some type of Military vehicle with machine guns attached. As I know there eventually will be.

As a suggestion I would like to see some type of Military Land Rover.

For example  the Land Rover Wolf is a very nice 3 to 4 seat military vehicle with mounted machine guns for the passenger and for a gunner in the back, it also is great in 4x4 areas such as dirt,gravel, a steep hill etc.

Have them found inside airfield hangers or military bases around Chernarus.

Mounted machine guns should spawn empty and take 7.62 ammo.

A gunner should easily be able to get taken out due to the fact his/her whole upper body is showing so it wouldn't be completely unfair/impossible to take the gunner out.

Also this item should be exceedingly rare and have to find Weapons Mount Installation Kit to mount a machine gun onto it.

4107.jpg

Edited by HaveADeath

Not sure about this, I'm pretty sure they will add Military vehicles in at some point but I'm not expecting a Land Rover unless it's a Civilian Defender Model

I know that at the very least we can expect a "Technical" to appear, like a Toyota Hilux or a Nissan Pickup. I know that I read somewhere that the plan was to have the player find a HMG or just an MG in general and allow it to be mounted to said vehicle. Man it would be awesome to make a gun truck, attaching a load of MG's to the back of a V3S or something.

Arma is that way ----- >

You do understand that arma is not be the only game that will have Armored vehicles and guns mounted onto it.

Standalone will eventually have them.

You do understand that arma is not be the only game that will have Armored vehicles and guns mounted onto it.

Source?

Says who? 

Armored vehicles will be the last of your worries when you're finding nothing but books and rotten zucchinis.

The cry babies need to remember the devs already mentioned the idea of adding PKMs to vehicles to make technicals. If telling the OP that this game isn't "X" is the only thing you have to contribute, your opinion isn't welcome.

Moving on. These things were coffins on wheels in ArmA 2. Players were way too over exposed especially from elevated positions. If it were to make an appearance in DayZ it should start out without weapons mounted on the hard points as it's former users would have taken them with them. Limey presence is confirmed with the DPM boonies and UK combat webbing so I don't see this as too far fetched. Seeing how someone mag dumping at it's general direction can slot the gunner and drivers easy makes for fair balance. Not to mention that thing is total IED bait.

The cry babies need to remember the devs already mentioned the idea of adding PKMs to vehicles to make technicals. If telling the OP that this game isn't "X" is the only thing you have to contribute, your opinion isn't welcome.

Moving on. These things were coffins on wheels in ArmA 2. Players were way too over exposed especially from elevated positions. If it were to make an appearance in DayZ it should start out without weapons mounted on the hard points as it's former users would have taken them with them. Limey presence is confirmed with the DPM boonies and UK combat webbing so I don't see this as too far fetched. Seeing how someone mag dumping at it's general direction can slot the gunner and drivers easy makes for fair balance. Not to mention that thing is total IED bait.

Thank you just wanted a honest opinion, not someone telling me to go play another game simply because I made a suggestion for a vehicle with guns mounted onto it.

The cry babies need to remember the devs already mentioned the idea of adding PKMs to vehicles to make technicals.

There is a wealth of a difference between a Technical armed with a pkm and a military issued armored vehicle.

There is a wealth of a difference between a Technical armed with a pkm and a military issued armored vehicle.

That thing is about as armored as the AR-15 is a military assault rifle. What about that thing says armored? The Crew has zero protection from gunfire or explosions. Think before you type.

Not happening

Just a suggestion, but in my opinion there will be something equivalent to this.

Just a suggestion, but in my opinion there will be something equivalent to this.

According to the wiki, humvees are being considered. I imagine soft skin light military vehicles in it's tier are a possibility especially seeing how vehicle amount was discussed as a server option.

To those who think this is to military like its gonna be rare as hell to find them. Pkms are most likely going to be in some point. Your gonna need a mount and a car and a mg to do this. Lmgs are coming in no matter what Steyr Aug hbar is confirmed. This will be one of those things that are for endgame it'll fit in fine its not that hard to kill people on a truck with an mg get a mosin hide and snipe or get a shotgun come from behind and shoot. Plz think about it before you say fuck no or not going to happen its not going to be that bad. For those that are afraid of hackers getting to this(good reason)the devs are planning on making better anti hack systems and other anti hack stuff which is good we don't need flying cars spraying bullets. Or invisible gunmen shooting the mg. We should be able to be limited to humvees there could be other ones. Oh were going to be able to fly soon.

Edited by DaNic2553

According to the wiki, humvees are being considered. I imagine soft skin light military vehicles in it's tier are a possibility especially seeing how vehicle amount was discussed as a server option.

Most people did not understand the fact that its open and easy to shoot people out of and just imagine what a land mine in .53 would do to this. 

Guess people hear military vehicle and freak out and start pointing to other games rather then looking into the future of this game seeing what could be added.

Land Rover?

normal_uaz_army_rf.jpg

aC3IP9X.jpg?1

PFbxK58.jpg?1

2Sr7MvD.jpg?1

iEt5F7L.jpg?1

Searching military land rover will pop of tons of different vehicles because there is not one vehicle specified to that name. Land Rover is just the manufacture,  so basically lets say I Google Land Rover.

I will see pictures of the Land Rover Wolf and Land Rover Defender etc. that's because they are all manufactured by the same manufacture. (Land Rover)

The CDF would probably use UAZs and vehicles like these, but there are still plenty of those in the same fashion.

t_uaz_irak.jpg

20110424155808.jpg

56assaultlandingbrigade-9.jpg\

uazjeepiraqiarmy001foru.jpg

uprav_Uaz2.JPG

Considering the HMMWV wrecks you can occasionally find

dayz9.jpg

This would probably be the extent of armored vehicles I'd feature;

hmmwv_imgw_005.jpg

7875893600_d6cb5cff7f_z.jpg

hmmwv_howtobuy_375.jpg

M240%20with%20GSK.jpg