hanx91

Limiting range of gamma and brightness options for players

Limiting the range of gamma and possibly brightness options for players would make currently useless  and unused items like flashlights, lamps, and now flareguns an important and vital part of the game.  Players may have more intrest in playing at night.  What do you guys think.

While I agree that the brightness and gamma trick is cheating, I believe it remains because it helps visually impaired players. It would be a shame if disabled players suffer due to meta gamers.

Is that true ? do visualy impared gamers need high gamma settings?  I have no idea. if so why even bother witha nighttime game. if you are at the mercy of these metagames?  Why develope the flaregun? Maybe we just have to give up on public servers what do you guys think

no point in this as you can change gamma settings on your PC control panel..

i agree it would make the game more intense at night forcing people to use a light source and giving their locations away but people can and will use the pc settings for it if the setting for this is removed in game..

yes i do use the gamma trick, im not proud of it but everyone else does it too at night so why not right..??

i remember the first times i played dayz "mod" at night and i must say the rush from the game was incredible, i couldnt see shit without a torch, chemlight or flare!.. litterally i could not see fuck all..

it would be good if dayz could auto adjust the game gamma, and/or somehow check the pc system gamma setting..

They should leave the gamma/brightness alone. There are so many different types of players, and so many different situations and reasons to have high and low gamma. It would waste the devs time, and the consumers time.

How about night servers just don't have the option to adjust them? full cycle day and night servers you can but night only servers you can't. I know people who go to those servers just to loot since no one uses them and the ones that do use the gamma and brightness tricks.

IL think private sservers are the best were gonna get for all kinds of cheating

imo private servers are the best - no ones can log, move position and come rape you from behind..

how about just adjusting the night settings to have no moon at all?.. this is the problem, you remove the light source which is exploitable through the gamma settings and you wont be able to see fuck all at night - even with the gamma settings changed it would make no difference..

there was a few servers on the mod that did this, i did play on them to add the realism back into the game.. night vision goggles actually became extremely useful not to mention rare but other light source items were used because without them the game was unplayable..

Edited by RaviN