Sign in to follow this  
GregzTheGreat

A possible "sabotage" suggestion.

The ability to poison water / food? But I could see that being exploited by trolls that poison all of the stater areas...  I suppose the thinking would be focused on a system to pull that off? Or is this concept already incorporated via "disinfectant spray" for now?

Sabotage weaponry? Self explanatory. Renders the gun useless / dangerous to the wielder.

Just a little brainstorm. It's interesting to discuss small ideas in the hopes of nurturing them into larger ones.

Thoughts?

Oh those darn trolls ;-;

I am all for this though, pouring bleach and shit into canteens. When weapon repair gets more in depth I can foresee all the guns in high loot areas being stripped of internal parts.

Mwuhahahaha!

This would be very interesting. Maybe you saw a team of bandits robbing innocents in Electro. You follow them and it turnes out that they have a camp in the forest somewhere. You follow them and sneak in to there camp, destroy there stuff and sneak out again. Then you watch them die from poisoned water that they thought were purified.

*evil hero laugh*

This would be very interesting. Maybe you saw a team of bandits robbing innocents in Electro. You follow them and it turnes out that they have a camp in the forest somewhere. You follow them and sneak in to there camp, destroy there stuff and sneak out again. Then you watch them die from poisoned water that they thought were purified.

*evil hero laugh*

A heroic fantasy which only occurs in Twig's staged videos.

One of the Devs actually said quite recently that you'll be able to poison food.

Poisoning food/water sources might be a bit overpowered but using bleach/poison/crushed up poisonous berries on a can of food and giving it to someone who is robbing you would be a great mechanic.

This is a great idea.

Make it hard enough to find special plants that can combine to make poisons and the items involved. You then can place them anywhere you wish. It will knock the person out or kill them without ruining their gear.

Here is another one, I thought you where suggesting.

Since we can make bear traps, I am hoping they will be able to be used against other players. If not snare traps to snag a person and bind them.

Since we have handcuffs already, all that might be involved is a character animation.

Ah the good ole days of MMO rogues :)

How about poisoning blades, and ammo?

Throwing knives?

This is a great idea.

Make it hard enough to find special plants that can combine to make poisons and the items involved. You then can place them anywhere you wish. It will knock the person out or kill them without ruining their gear.

Here is another one, I thought you where suggesting.

Since we can make bear traps, I am hoping they will be able to be used against other players. If not snare traps to snag a person and bind them.

Since we have handcuffs already, all that might be involved is a character animation.

Ah the good ole days of MMO rogues :)

How about poisoning blades, and ammo?

Throwing knives?

The problem with throwing knives is that their "arc" is uncontrolable. You can throw a knife at someone, but you cannot be certain if the blade will spin into the victim at that direct moment, or the "handle" will hit them instead. Not to mention how difficult it would be trying to have enough throwing power to penetrate an assault vest. It's these factors that would make it more realistic. Maybe a throwing knife could certainly happen, but it would be a form of desperation.

Otherwise, good thinking.

The problem with throwing knives is that their "arc" is uncontrolable. You can throw a knife at someone, but you cannot be certain if the blade will spin into the victim at that direct moment, or the "handle" will hit them instead. Not to mention how difficult it would be trying to have enough throwing power to penetrate an assault vest. It's these factors that would make it more realistic. Maybe a throwing knife could certainly happen, but it would be a form of desperation.

But in Metro 2033 you can insta-kill people in Kevlar with throwing knives.

;-;

Yes, I totally agree with your statement. I think that unless we have some special hatch throwing system that may cause more damage if hit on the arm from a distance of the leg it may have the potential to break one of them. Poisons would be hard unless they hit the arms, legs or face. You would be slowly bleeding, or something along those lines. Damage model could be like a crowbar being thrown but the invisible effect of the bow, crossbow would be used.

Its possible just at this time doesn't feel realistic enough to be put into the game.

After a friend of mine, one day found how to grow pumpkins he carried one to meet up with me. We both ran at each other across the vybor field. All of sudden he throws the pumpkin at me, it didn't cause any damage but it hit me directly on the chest. We both laughed our asses off after that. I really wish moments like that we had videos for it.

Sounds like you all have some great suggestions :)

Yes, I totally agree with your statement. I think that unless we have some special hatch throwing system that may cause more damage if hit on the arm from a distance of the leg it may have the potential to break one of them. Poisons would be hard unless they hit the arms, legs or face. You would be slowly bleeding, or something along those lines. Damage model could be like a crowbar being thrown but the invisible effect of the bow, crossbow would be used.

Its possible just at this time doesn't feel realistic enough to be put into the game.

After a friend of mine, one day found how to grow pumpkins he carried one to meet up with me. We both ran at each other across the vybor field. All of sudden he throws the pumpkin at me, it didn't cause any damage but it hit me directly on the chest. We both laughed our asses off after that. I really wish moments like that we had videos for it.

Sounds like you all have some great suggestions :)

I appreciate you think that man, cheers.

Just download "Open broadcast software" from Twitch. Stream for fun. Set OBS to save the recordings so you can edit them into videos if you wish. You could easily share your moments that way, and it's all free. ^^

What you said is also along the right track. Once the game's physics are improved, then maybe.

The dev team do often jump surprises on us every once and a while, to think of the amount of new things coming in for 0.53 is almost unexpected. As they said themselves, it's going to be a busy but great year for DayZ.