Sign in to follow this  
omega1966

Suggestions for new weapons physique smoke

hello i am a big fan of dayz standalone, and i want to help the development of this great game by sending you HD FOOTAGE OF WARS. this is going to help you make a more realistic game. 

this is the link of the channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WarLeaker/videos 

and this is and example of video:

this in an perfect example for the dayz standalone !!! 

because this game is great but there is to there is too much bugs and unrealistic stuff.

post-225831-0-34739300-1422231308_thumb.

Not exactly sure how this would make DayZ better, but some interesting footage nonetheless.

• Like 2

yes i mean make the game more realistic. i mean, this video is like dayz but in real life 

Edited by omega1966

yes i mean make the game more realistic. i mean, this video is like dayz but in real life 

i was thinking more of a First Person Shooter in real life when i saw it...

• Like 1

:(  It shouldn't be. This video is mostly like "Battlefield" or "Call of Duty". It's warfare footage, and DayZ isn't/shouldn't be about "warfare" as it's the apocalypse and the governments have collapse, the army doesn't exist anymore and you're just one of the few survivors who managed to avoid the infection. Now the goal is survival, scavenging for supplies, food and whatever might help you make it alive for another day. (eventually building shelters, barricading buildings, etc.)

Of course, in this kind of situation, the corrupted and vile might wanna take this opportunity to rob others of their belongings, having no laws or authorities that could stop them. Others might indulge into darker desires and kill others for their pleasure. It's rough out there, but if the preface is really that DayZ is a "post-apocalyptic survival game with horror aspects",  then the goal would be to survive, and try to help others "save mankind".

But, since it's just a game, and there's guns, and no written goal, some might want to organize small armies and battle against other organized groups using the construct of the game, or lay waste on civilian survivors.

In the end, it's just a video game, a means of entertainment. To each his own to find an enjoyment. (But honestly I have my fingers crossed it won't just turn into a military simulation game with some infected humans in the background... <_<  )

When we get the updated engine, we might see a rise in particles on screen and with that we'll probably have some smoke effect and particles for gun muzzles.

• Like 3