Sign in to follow this  
Valdenburg

Making Trucks actually useful

Hey Survivors! and DEVs :)

What about making the Trucks actually useful by adding more seats?

Ultimately make them persistent ;)

I know it´s early implementation but as of now the game is really loosing objectives, at least for me playing from day one.

When you could focus on those objectives, if possible, it would give the game a real objective to achieve again.

Current implementation of vehicles is more or less a joke, no offence!

Regards

Van

Current implementation of vehicles is more or less a joke, no offence!

I feel like the only joke here is your thread, considering this is the very first implementation of them (as you have mentioned yourself):

I know it´s early implementation

I don't feel like this is even worth a suggestion, considering it is more than clear that more variations are going to come - especially considering the mod-version of the V3S with its carriage held about 14 people, if I remember correctly.

Care to explain to me why this is a worthwhile suggestion and not pointing out the obvious, confirmed facts?

• Like 2

Care to explain to me why this is a worthwhile suggestion and not pointing out the obvious, confirmed facts?

It´s pointing out the obvious but more it´s pointing out how a player, me, feels about what is important to focus on.

Now you could say: "don´t you think the DEVs know what´s important?" and i would say as well that this would be stating the obvious.

However i think it´s important for DEVs to know how players feel from time to time. See the rule change regarding hacks on reddit.

When you think its not right in this section please move it to one you think it is.

ps:You are such a sweet mod :D

I agree with OP, it is frustrating when Me and my two buddies find a truck and we have to leave it. Why would a truck of that design be without a bed? The Devs have this problem of implementing something halfway, like persistence and moving on as it it is workable in it's current state. I'll wait until the next update where new trucks might make it.

• Like 1

Easy.

Add additional seating AND item storage.

They'll get there. Simmer down fella.

Also Kichi, who pissed in your cereal?

Edited by CornProducts
  • Like 2

Also Kichi, who pissed in your cereal?

No one pissed in his cereal, and he's right. Both of the "suggestions" have been confirmed multiple times, so much so that im suprised Kichilron didn't lock this redudant suggestion when he saw it.

inb4graveyard.

Hey,

I see the problem that currently persistence is a one-week thing, if at all. Having a truck is truely nice and add a lot of fun. I als play ~ one year now and I see the progress is getting better last months. But for me the fact that it is not possible to have something like an objective like getting a "Home" with some tents and trucks is a problem.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new things coming into the game, but I would also think adding a few useful things like a storage or additional seats would be nice in the next updates.  At least you could have some more social living with other survivors if you can interact with them like taking them for a ride or something. 

Would be a compensation to not being able to have "home" there, as I guess this will still take a while.

Greetings

Edited by exec85
  • Like 2

No one pissed in his cereal, and he's right. Both of the "suggestions" have been confirmed multiple times, so much so that im suprised Kichilron didn't lock this redudant suggestion when he saw it.

inb4graveyard.

Locking a thread is not always the answer - am happy he did not.

However it´s maybe the wrong section i posted it in - please feel free to move the post to any other section that might be more appropriate.

I did manage to find what I thought was a V3S wreck somewhere up near Kamensk, I wish I could still take a screenshot of it. It did have a rear compartment, it was more like actual storage truck., It had an operable side door and double back door which was interactive. The closest image I can find of it is this:

Praga_V3S_01.JPG

I did manage to find what I thought was a V3S wreck somewhere up near Kamensk, I wish I could still take a screenshot of it. It did have a rear compartment, it was more like actual storage truck., It had an operable side door and double back door which was interactive. The closest image I can find of it is this:

There's going to be two types of V3S, you found the 'command' variant:

2QficKr.png

dayz-0-49-leaked-reworked-v3s-vehicle-mo

There's going to be two types of V3S, you found the 'command' variant:

I figured as much, I presume the "command" variant when they incorporate vehicle upgrades could potentially be used as a persistent mobile home. I've looked inside the wrecked one and I'd imagine you'd be able to make it into a mobile house of sorts, finding a folding cot, a storage chest etc and you have a true mobile home there with the benefits of being marginally bulletproof (against small caliber rounds mind you)

I'd like to see one where you could open the back doors and have 2 people posibly shoot out of or even the cargo transport where people could stand in the bacck and shoot out of and be shot in the back of. Think of it as a zombie drive by/ hit squad transport lol.