5mirkeh

After reading the DayZ wiki's page on planned weapons

So long as the garand is in .30-06 I'm ok with it.

7.62 NATO garand sounds disgusting

Personally I'd rather have the SVT-40 and M14 (or all three), but if the devs want a Garand it'd be fine so long as it were chambered in .30-06 and not 7.62x51. The Garand is unique in that it has an 8 round internal capacity, unlike most other battle rifles that are magazine loaded, so there's that.

I'm glad they at least are for sure doing the FN FAL and SVD, because the Garand is questionably realistic unlike those two and the previous BRs I mentioned.

Personally I'd rather have the SVT-40 and M14 (or all three), but if the devs want a Garand it'd be fine so long as it were chambered in .30-06 and not 7.62x51. The Garand is unique in that it has an 8 round internal capacity, unlike most other battle rifles that are magazine loaded, so there's that.

I'm glad they at least are for sure doing the FN FAL and SVD, because the Garand is questionably realistic unlike those two and the previous BRs I mentioned.

You still need a clip in order to make the garand work. so it pretty much is just like any of the other magazine fed weapons it needs a clip to function.

• Like 1

You still need a clip in order to make the garand work. so it pretty much is just like any of the other magazine fed weapons it needs a clip to function.

Exactly. As far as the game is concerned, the Garand "requires a magazine". And I still doubt we'll see that rifle. Too silly.

Exactly. As far as the game is concerned, the Garand "requires a magazine". And I still doubt we'll see that rifle. Too silly.

Right - I forgot about that.

Yeah, now I'd much rather see the SVT-40. Only problem is even that is basically like a less accurate SVD that uses the PU scope instead of the PSO-1.

Right - I forgot about that.

Yeah, now I'd much rather see the SVT-40. Only problem is even that is basically like a less accurate SVD that uses the PU scope instead of the PSO-1.

Yea it would be nearly identical to the svd. Especially since the PSO has relatively low magnification like the SVD.

Looks like.  At the very least they have the model already in.  I'm a bit on the fence, on the one hand there's the little M1 fanboy in me that screams with glee at being able to use said rifle in game.  Then there's the slightly more logical me that says 'realistically they probably wouldn't have very many of them in Chenarus'...still though would be kinda sweet.  Just curious if they'ed have it in 30-6 or 7.62 NATO.

Yeah, I read someplace the total number of M1 Garand's shipped to the Russians during WWII was a total of one whole rifle.  But yeah, the way some of these jonnies shoot, please add it.  Then when I hear that distinctive "ping"  I'll know someone is reloading....  Patton recommended that infantrymen should walk though the woods in a spaced line abreast firing as they went.  He loved that rifle..

Edited by Barnabus

So long as the garand is in .30-06 I'm ok with it.

7.62 NATO garand sounds disgusting

I doubt it. Torchia and rest of team are hard when it comes to new calibers. How long we beged for 5.45?!

I really can't guess what other bolt action rifles will be... Alaskan is confirmed, what is next? Maybe Lee Enfield? K98? Maybe CZ550 in new hunting calibre? M24? Russian SV-98?

I doubt it. Torchia and rest of team are hard when it comes to new calibers. How long we beged for 5.45?!

I really can't guess what other bolt action rifles will be... Alaskan is confirmed, what is next? Maybe Lee Enfield? K98? Maybe CZ550 in new hunting calibre? M24? Russian SV-98?

Next Will hopefully be the varmint 5.56 NATO rifle Chris once mentioned.

Cz 527 varmint I believe though there are dozens of suitable  rifles in that caliber.

Edited by gibonez

The only way .30-06 makes sense to include in the game is if there are other rifles that use it, like some bolt action hunting rifles.  Make it a one shot drop (which .30-06 will do) on direct torso shots and the M1 Garand starts to look pretty awesome.

If this make believe location has M1's laying around, it would naturally have tons of clips for it.  Those things are a dime a dozen.

Also, I want slugs.  That way a mp-133 is a viable primary arm, you can hit targets at distance with slugs and use buckshot when in close quarters.

Edited by tofur

Man fuck the civilian bolt actions. Kar98k and some other leftover WWII weapons like PPSh41 or MP-40 would be a far more interesting additions than just another Lee Enfield replacement.

Man fuck the civilian bolt actions. Kar98k and some other leftover WWII weapons like PPSh41 or MP-40 would be a far more interesting additions than just another Lee Enfield replacement.

Yet far less likely and plausible.

Except for the ppsh41 those are still relatively prolific.

Edited by gibonez

Yet far less likely and plausible.

Except for the ppsh41 those are still relatively prolific.

KAR-98s/Gewehr rifles are very prolific in Eastern Europe - only problem is they use a specific caliber and the more unique forms exist in other calibers (MG-42 has the 7.62x51 MG-3, K-98s have a million different gewehr-type sporter rifles, etc.)

MP-40 would be acceptable, clearly far less common than the PPSh or other Eastern Bloc SMGs but still a possibility. Personally I do want one because it's got a rather unique look and feel to it.

MG-34/MG-42 I'm iffy on. I'm sure they exist in some places because they were used all over during the war, but the amount of them that were taken by people, hidden and not confiscated, and then end up still functioning today seems like it'd be far less than simpler firearms. Plus there's the MG-3 which is essentially identical but uses 7.62x51mm rounds we already have and is actually in service in quite a few places.

I do want one of those .308 Lee-Enfield conversions as a super regulated civilian spawn, simply because they'd be a homage to the mod.

• Like 1