Sign in to follow this  
Iztali

No Dayz.cfg + Resolution issues 4dayz

HeadsUp -- I work in IT and am fairly familiar with Troubleshooting steps***

I've read through many topics, on several forums, regarding this issue and it seems that only a few of them have my exact flavor of problem.

I decided to come back to DayZ and see whats new, but instead, was greeted by an unplayable resolution....easy enough - change aspect ratio and resolution. GOOD TO GO... Not the case- I then go on to find that I cannot modify default character settings and my changes to visual settings wont stick. **hmmm, whats up with that** 

ENTER DA GOOGLE

as suspected, most solutions were centered around modifying the .cfg. Easy enough, I've got my handy-dandy Note++, bring it on.

Wrong again, turns out I don't have a .cfg , or even a profile folder....actually my whole DayZ documents folder is empty.

TLDR

Unplayable resolution on game start

Can't modify character settings (resolved by removing launch parameters in steam)

NO SETTING CHANGES STICK AFTER CLIENT RESTART

About my system: 

Hardware is more than capable of running game*

However I am operating on a domain joined computer (That i have both domain and local administration)  and BELIEVE MY ISSUE HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH FOLDER PERMISSIONS / READ ONLY DOCUMENTS FOLDER

Any help / suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Remember I've gone through any relevant steps I've found in this, and other forums.

THANK YOU EVERYONE

run as steam as admin this should give you proper file permissions to write the initial files and modify them  

• Like 1

run as steam as admin this should give you proper file permissions to write the initial files and modify them  

Hey Amber,

I've set "run-as-admin" on steam and dayz .exe's 

Still didn't populate the .cfg or profile folders

Also tried manually creating a ,cfg and that had no effect...

thanks for the suggestion

No probs, its got to be a file permissions error as you have said, is your user a roaming profile on the domain.

as for manually creating the files this should be working unless its not looking in the place where you are locating the files ei incorrect case. wrong filenames wrong format or missing files 

are the files being created in your local appdata folder ?

My profile is local, and DayZ is putting files into my AppData/Local/ ("BattlEye" "MPMissionsCache" and a DayZ.RPT)

It was able to create a DayZ folder in my documents however, like I said before, that folder is empty.