Death By Dodo

SOOO...Lost all my gear :(

So im on public servers at the mo, joined a new server after current one time out or restarted (characters where running constantly into walls) i was in the airfield area and spotted a heli in new server, what luck!" And i had decent gear to start with and then i got booted for high ping UUUUURRRRRHHHH, rejoined same server instantly to get a message character cant be loaded and it has been reset, rejoined a new public server and i lost everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!! & why :)

You either joined a different hive or it was a bug. If the latter, leave the server immediately, then try to join another or wait a bit and you should have your old gear back.

i cant remember when i last lost my character, always just make sure  till its 1 minute up, you can see that on the time in the server list, depends on the server but most servers nowadays start

at 14:00,

look what is more important to you, being first on the server after a restart, or have everything you collected and join 1 minute later? do the math...

• Like 1

Were you using any inventory exploits? I have read that if you do, it can cause your character to be reset...

Hopefully you also verified that you didn't accidentally enter a Private hive.  I've done this before and panicked, only to realize that it was a Private hive I absentmindedly entered. One thing I'll always do if it seems like my Public character has been reset is to go back to the last server where everything was correct (my gear, location, etc.). Since 0.51 it works 10 out of 10 times. Something that I noticed in previous builds is that my character would only appear reset on a particular server provider- for example, if I was playing in Villayer servers and switched to a Fragnet server to find my character reset, going back to any Villayer server would load my correct character. 

Edited by Mr Jizz

That's the second post I have hidden within minutes, not counting the ones in the past.

Cut out the .gif / meme-spam, especially when not using spoilers.

• Like 1

I didn't know users were complaining about them. 

Hello all & thanks for all your replys, also im sorry for not replying sooner but i was watching a film :) regarding private/public hives i only play on the same 5 servers that are in my favourite list and all are public 1st/3rd person, and to another reply about joining to early after restart this was not the case although it has happened to me before :( A lesson was learnt, i was in a full server full with 50 peeps, it timed out or restarted i guess, i then joined a server which had 33/40 init, and once i spawned (Near airfield) i was kicked within 30 seconds id say due to high ping, as i stated in first post i had spawned right on a smoking helli so jumped back in to the same server to see if i could grab some loot, i got to the please wait screen for a good minute and in the bottom left it said 

"failed to load character save, character reset. Please contact a administrator" 

Or along thos lines wording may not be 100% there i never got past that please wait screen, so i jumped out and back into a server which had about 17/50 players and i got th dreaded 30 second delay and spawned in cherno :(( Its not the end of the world with the likes of hackers and kos people i no longer grow attached to my gear and hide in a bush at the first shot heard but it kinda sucks at the same time for time spent gathering gear and travelling. But hey we must battle on and survive guys!

I didn't know users were complaining about them. 

Just think about people that are on their phone or have low bandwidth or even limited data-plans. Forum are for mainly text and not unnecessary .gif-spam where discussion is supposed to take place.

You should take your time to read the rules before posting.

9) Unnecessary posts:

Posting "don't care", "alpha", "TLDR", "search before you post", "cool story bro", 'fanboy' or any posts along those lines are unnecessary, inflammatory, and/or do not add to the discussion. This includes memes, GIFs and other images that are unnecessary/non-constructive; please keep them to an absolute minimum. If a duplicate thread exists, report it to the moderation team with a link.

• Like 1