Sign in to follow this  
DURRHUNTER

Manual Bolting

So if you are familiar with the Red Orchestra 2 you will know that as a rifleman you Mosin Nagant or K98k automatically bolts itself. But if you go into settings you can change it to where you control the bolt on your gun, making it to where you can shoot, watch and see if your target is hit or not, and make a follow up shot. This may not be possible with the current DayZ game engine, but it would make a very nice thing for bolt action rifle when you are sniping.

this was a good clip i found, mind the music its not super great. But watch how after each shot there is a small delay where he watches to see if he hit his target.

Edited by DURRHUNTER
  • Like 22

This thing you have suggested is a good thing. 

• Like 1

I wouldnt mind having this as an option, even if it was available for Pump shotguns as well or anything else involving a manual action

I haven't used the mosin in ages but if you hold down left mouse it doesn't cycle on its own, does it?

I'd enjoy manual bolting.

I haven't used the mosin in ages but if you hold down left mouse it doesn't cycle on its own, does it?

I'd enjoy manual bolting.

edit: yes the mosin currently auto bolts

Edited by DURRHUNTER

Brilliant! Would bolt again 10/10

Brilliant! Would bolt again 10/10

haha so punny :D

nope, holding down left mouse will not cause the weapon to auto-bolt

Either you worded it wrong or misunderstood me.

Either you worded it wrong or misunderstood me.

sorry i did misunderstand you, the mosin still currently 'Auto bolts' which means it chambers a new round after you shoot without you doing anything.

sorry i did misunderstand you, the mosin still currently 'Auto bolts' which means it chambers a new round after you shoot without you doing anything.

Right. I could've sworn at the very least in Arma 2 and such if you held the mouse button in it would stop the rifle from cycling the bolt.

Right. I could've sworn at the very least in Arma 2 and such if you held the mouse button in it would stop the rifle from cycling the bolt.

I don't remember anymore was it that way but that's not bad suggestion how it should work.

Though manual press to bolt could be acting as a safety also. So press a key would be better in that way.

Suggested this a long time ago. So many things in red orchestra that would be great in dayz.

yeah i like it, but i think it might be a tiny bit better if this option was renamed "manual reloading" or something similar, and it was for all single shot rifles. (repeater, pump action, mosin etc.)

Suggested this a long time ago. So many things in red orchestra that would be great in dayz.

yes i tried looking for your thread but could not seem to find it :/

Was just about to suggest the same thing, three months late xD
This seriously needs to be in the game!

So if you are familiar with the Red Orchestra 2 you will know that as a rifleman you Mosin Nagant or K98k automatically bolts itself. But if you go into settings you can change it to where you control the bolt on your gun, making it to where you can shoot, watch and see if your target is hit or not, and make a follow up shot. This may not be possible with the current DayZ game engine, but it would make a very nice thing for bolt action rifle when you are sniping.

this was a good clip i found, mind the music its not super great. But watch how after each shot there is a small delay where he watches to see if he hit his target.

Take back what I said, I misinterpreted the video.

Edited by Lt. Aldo Raine

But then people would nag about semi-autos and full-autos being OP.

HOW ?

HOW ?

Seriously, how would it make semi autos or full autos OP? this would make bolt actions better!

As a bolt-action rifleman in RO, manual bolting needs to happen, agree.

As a bolt-action rifleman in RO, manual bolting needs to happen, agree.

it makes you bolt a helluva lot faster to :D

it makes you bolt a helluva lot faster to :D

Not if you put a cool-down on it.