Sign in to follow this  
sukka

SAY GOODBYE TO BANDITS ONCE AND FOR ALL?

I fail to see how this system would be implemented fairly. If someone attacks you and you kill them in self-defence, why should you go mad? What parameters are there in determining if you are the victim or the aggressor? 

The idea of comfort and 'insanity' coming from a lack of alcohol, or cigarettes, or warm food or something is fine. The penalties should be minor, but players should be rewarded for looking after their character, as it were. However, I don't think players should be punished for killing other players. That punishes a specific playstyle, and I don't think it could be implemented reliably.

I will give you credit for making a very well formulated suggestion :) But thats it.

Im against anything that "force" people to play a different way or a certain way.

The whole point of DayZ is "It is your story" and you are free to do what you want.

People choose to KOS, rob, detain (etc) other players because they want to, so let them, i say.

As far as im concerned, the main cause for banditry and KOS in DayZ, is simply because its the easiest way to survive.

Playing as anything other then that, makes the game much more difficult, and lets face it, most gamers now a days dont want difficult and unforgiving.

They want instant action and instant gratification, and that is what you get with banditry.

But a dayz without bandits, would be like a hunting party without rifles, pointless.

• Like 1

A large part behind the success of DayZ is mainly due to the psychological effect it caused to the player behind the screen.

The fear of your character's death along with the adredaline rush when getting yourself caught in a firefight was a rollercoaster of emotions that effected the user directly.

Player immersion is an important factor for DayZ,almost no other game provides an equivalent experience.

If we were to implement a system simulating fear on behalf of the avatar,we are in danger of ruining the game's unique user immersion providence.

This is exactly it.. This fear topic keeps coming up every few months I've noticed and then this ^ is always the explanation that fits perfectly..I think the cannibalism kuru is a good idea and I would also believe it to be an experiment or sorts for this so called "Fear" or side effects as the first iteration