Sign in to follow this  
GregzTheGreat

The reason behind KoS: ?

The reason behind KoS? Poll.  

163 members have voted

1. 1. What is your justification behind Killing on sight?

• Fear of death.
    • Acquisition of loot.
    • "For fun."
    • I don't kill on sight.

I often wonder why people do it. It takes an element of the game away to be killed mercilessly, without justification. However, I cannot help but wonder what the killer sees. Why do it?

What's the benefit?

Clarification required.

Edited by GregzTheGreat

you really need the 4th poll option:

"i never kill on sight"

that will make your poll really accurate.

just my 2 cents.

edit: lol, i can even give you a reason why NOT KoS: because i can :)

same exact reason as KoS actually...

and you missed some of the important reasons for KOS:

- being bored

- 12 years squeakers

- jumpy fingers/adrenaline (usually new players though)

i should know, i have lost count of how many times i got killed.

Edited by mugur
  • Like 2

for me, fear of dying, but after a while you don't exactly fear that anymore and decide to go back to the coast *BIG MISTAKE* as the guy above me said "- 12 years squeakers" "-Jumpy fingers/Adrenaline (Usually new players though".

Why people do it? loot/guns is way to easy to get, people get bored after getting super geared and head back to the coast for "PvP Action" there will always be KoS in these games, Hopefully, one day. it will stop.

Oh and also because some twelvie wanker wanted your hat >.>

Because there are no consequences.

That's what it all stems from.  Other than someone screaming at you after they've been killed, nothing bad will happen.  There won't be the police showing up to arrest/kill you, there aren't enough zombies right now to make a difference when you 'ring the dinnerbell'.  After that it branches out, 'everyone's gonna kill me, why should I give them the chance?' 'lol ima quickscope dat n00b', ect, ect.

You either kill or die, you keep on going.  If you kill you get their shit (if they have any) and you keep moving, maybe you hang around a bit in case they had any friends or come back for their stuff.  You die, you respawn, you get angry and gear up again and want to kill someone.

And of course, some people are just fucked in the head and we don't have asylums anymore. http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/219094-creative-ways-to-rob-and-kill/

• Like 5

Because there are no consequences.

<snip>

`Nuff said.

• Like 1

While I used to consider the fear of being killed as my primary reason, I have to admit...that's changed now. I was once a newbie with little experience, naive and new to the world and its ways. Now, I'm a hunter. I'll still make friendly with players here and there, certainly. But when I have the drop on somebody and I can line them up, I'll drop them. 

Murder really does wonders for class mobility. 

I only really KOS near military loot (ex. NWAF, Vybor Military, Myshkino Base, Kamenka Military and maybe helicarashes), I feel that around these places that is what your signing up for. I feel that if I see someone there they are looking for good loot and that they would like to take mine so they don't have to loot.

Now on the coast I try to be friendly and talk to people and if die then it's no big deal. The reason why I don't care if I die on the coast is because the reason why I'm there is because I died already and lost all my stuff. Me and my friends do not get looted and camp the coast. We either try to PVP at the military bases or mainly try to find heli crashes.

I never KoS.

There should be that 4th option.

I'm not afraid of dying in a video game and I've lost more save data in over 30 years of gaming than the average gamer and because of that I don't care if I lose my character.

I don't want the loot (I enjoy looting, see also not afraid to die).

I don't want to just perform murder after murder (I could go play a lot better FPS games for that), that's not why I am playing DayZ.

I don't get bored because I don't abuse and metagame everything, I even stopped using maps a long time ago so I could have a more random experience (map changes add to this).

I think I'm currently going to play less until more/new infected are unleashed.

I don't KOS but I would assume most do it in fear of dying. If I had to put in a percentage of people I've run into that have or tried to killed me on sight it would be around 95%. 

Some obviously KOS for fun. Those are mostly the ones running around in groups just because they have the advantage. Just a few days ago I was chased down by a pair of bandits and killed. It's not like I had anything worth value. I just started but they chased me through a couple towns anyways. 

Can't stop KOS unless you have RP moderated servers or PVE servers which may take forever 

• Like 1

I don't always vote on KoS poll's but when I do, I vote "for fun".

Oh no thats right I do always vote on these polls, like when they pop up every week

For fun because it's a video game and it's supposed to be fun, for me.

There is no way to tell if a player is friendly or not without revealing your position if you are alone, betting on the safe side can at least make me live one more day.

After three and a half years of playing DayZ, I still do not, have never, and will never kill on sight.

• Like 2

Because there's nothing else to do unless you're an avid role-player at which point there's this groovy little whitelisted community that would serve you better to begin with.

/thread

• Like 1

Yeah this poll needs some more options as to why people kill.

I usually play hero style solo. Helping people out.

In a group we usually play the bandit style. Robbing people, leg shooting, kidnapping, ambushes, stalking everything but KOS.

And sometimes we have a 'fuck u its friday night shits ang giggles style' and shoot everything that moves.

So a little bit of all i guess.

I KoS because it's the only way to play the game. Everyone who doesn't has no idea what it is like to be in the apocalypse. I mean seriously, if you're in the apocalypse, you're totally going to shoot everyone you see. People who whine about KoS have no idea what they're talking about.

KOS ALL DAY SON.

Trust me, I'm an apocalypse expert. this is my 3rd.

I KoS because it's the only way to play the game. Everyone who doesn't has no idea what it is like to be in the apocalypse. I mean seriously, if you're in the apocalypse, you're totally going to shoot everyone you see. People who whine about KoS have no idea what they're talking about.

KOS ALL DAY SON.

Trust me, I'm an apocalypse expert. this is my 3rd.

No offense but you have no idea what you are talking about.

You just wanna kos. But your; people will shoot everyone in apocalyptic fase is just plain bs.

Ive seen the hell of war and yes its very very ugly. But beautifull things also happen when lives/futures are at stake.

Your argument is just an excuse to do what you WANT to do, kos.

Your endline says that much

• Like 2

No offense but you have no idea what you are talking about.

You just wanna kos. But your; people will shoot everyone in apocalyptic fase is just plain bs.

Ive seen the hell of war and yes its very very ugly. But beautifull things also happen when lives/futures are at stake.

Your argument is just an excuse to do what you WANT to do, kos.

Your endline says that much

Bro, YOU have no idea what you're talking about.

KoS is the way this game was designed to be played. It's even in the dev blogs.

I've lived through at least 3 or 6 apocalypsesesis, so I know what i'm talking about alright?

KOS OR BUST SON!

Bro, YOU have no idea what you're talking about.

KoS is the way this game was designed to be played. It's even in the dev blogs.

I've lived through at least 3 or 6 apocalypsesesis, so I know what i'm talking about alright?

KOS OR BUST SON!

Im not saying that in this game its not all about pvp. But your argument that it should be like this because the real world will be like this is bs.

Keep at it keyboard warrior.

• Like 1

Im not saying that in this game its not all about pvp. But your argument that it should be like this because the real world will be like this is bs.

Keep at it keyboard warrior.

Ha McWendy...I was obviously being sarcastic.

Please go back and reread xD

Ha McWendy...I was obviously being sarcastic.

Please go back and reread xD

F*ck did i do a sheldon cooper? ;)

My bad.

F*ck did i do a sheldon cooper? ;)

My bad.

Haha all good my man! I couldn't help playing along a little.

I'm kind of a dick like that :P

If you don't kill, then what are you going to do with all these weapons? Self defense? If you are traveling alone and loot some village - so you are moving - so you can't point the gun at anything because of the weapon sway - you are an easy target. You can't defend yourself - return fire, because the hunter which is hiding, standing still can kill you so easily - he has no weapon sway.

After you are killed like that, then next time when you are standing still and have the chance, you will do the same to some other player who is looting.

So again, what are you going to do with all these weapons?