boneboys

Experimental Branch: 0.53 Discussion

The crash that has been plaguing last 4 versions seems to be fixed, we want to make sure in next experimental deployment.

New Zombie AI? Only animals yet (its still early). Zombies a bit later.

In todays experimental update you can expect quite a bit of desync and rollbacks. Sanity checks that will need tweaking.

Just a reminder folks - we're testing some very specific server side stuff in todays experimental update, so its -expected- to behave poorly

• Like 4

Available for pre-load.

• Like 2

Patch notes?

Thanks in advance.

They don't give us patch notes for experimental updates.

Patch notes?

Thanks in advance.

Experimental doesn't get patch notes.

yuhuuu :)  it's christmas again :D

I love the experimental time.

• Like 2

Patch notes?

Thanks in advance.

You're best off checking reddit.com/r/DayZ a bit after it's released to see what the community has gathered about what's in it so far.

Feels good to be back  B) It's been nearly a whole month!

Edited by Tatanko

It's time for some exploring and testing!! :thumbsup:

Big news for people who love the trucks: there are currently 15 per map rather than 5. Same spawn points.

Edited by Tatanko

*snip*

YES! I love the new animal AI already. This is how it should be. As someone who hunts deer and small game in real life, this always annoyed the crap out of me. It still won't be realistic or even terribly challenging, but it's a huge step in the right direction.

• Like 1

yeah great vid that is much better animal AI. Love how he perked up at the sound of you approaching then scattered at the sight of you. 

Edited by huf757

I'm getting a 'server not responding for xx seconds' message shortly after I connect (Experimental DE06), does anyone experience the same?

You can tie people up with duct tape and rope, uses 100% of duct tape

Ok, everything looks good, now let's get it onto stable STAT! :P J/K of course; I can't wait to see what 0.53 is like when it hits stable. So far I'm liking the additions I've seen. I was a bit disappointed to hear there's nothing new with the zombies yet, but that's ok. I've waited this long, i can wait a bit longer. :) I'm just looking forward to entering a small town and running into a mob of like 15-20 zombies; I think we all, at some point, need that instance where we say to ourselves "fuck it; it just ain't worth it" before completely bypassing the town. :D Not to mention the feeling of dread when you realize that you inadvertently aggroed the entire group anyway and they're currently all sprinting straight at you.

• Like 6

Anyone know how to start fires now? Crafted the fire starting kit, tried to add logs, or sticks, and tried to lit it with matches, but nothing worked. Dying of hypothermia for the first time since the first itteration of it a few months back....

Anyone know how to start fires now? Crafted the fire starting kit, tried to add logs, or sticks, and tried to lit it with matches, but nothing worked. Dying of hypothermia for the first time since the first itteration of it a few months back....

I don't believe it's possible to make a campfire at all now. In the rush to change to a new fireplace kit (not sure why, didn't see what was wrong with the old one) they forgot to make it functional.

I don't believe it's possible to make a campfire at all now. In the rush to change to a new fireplace kit (not sure why, didn't see what was wrong with the old one) they forgot to make it functional.

That's what i thought after some testing. No heat packs found either (don't know if they work now, as in stable they did jack shit to heat up anything really.... :lol: )

Going back to stable for now, as I don't see anything new at all that's worth "testing". (ALready tried the new animations and such, saw the animal behavior, but no new items added or new locations for now. I'll wait for the next exp update.)

If you ever encounter anything new, let us know mate! And if you see me online, hit me up and I'll join up for some adventure on experimental anyway! Take care Tatanko!