boneboys

Experimental Branch: 0.53 Discussion

I am really curious about the new prison island, so I have been doing some experimenting concerning suicide, in the hope of getting a Cherno spawn. Unfortunately so far unsuccesfull, the closest being a spawn in the Eastern outskirts of Cherno, but at this point all loot in Cherno and environs is long gone, so I managed to die from starvation when I reached Balota.

I continue to experiment in suicides in order to get that fabled Cherno spawn, and as I had tasks to do in real life, my most recent dabblings has been experiments in suicide by being afk. This screenshot is the position I took as afk in the police station in Kamyshovo in order to see how quickly I would die. Amazingly enough I managed to die of starvation without being molested by other players.

I tried doing the same, going afk while giving the finger at the same place in Berezino police station. I checked back after 5 mins and noticed that I was bleeding, so someone had attacked me, but apparently given up on it after a few strikes and I eventually died from bleeding out after about 10 mins.

2015-01-31_00001.jpg

• Like 1

Steak knife, arm bands of various colours (I haven't managed to wear any of them yet, don't know if they are bugged or if it was just part of the frequent "lost connection" thing that seems to haunt this build), sweaters.

Also loot spawning seems to have been decreased significantly. The coast is basically barren at this point.

Also loot spawning seems to have been decreased significantly. The coast is basically barren at this point.

That's Experimental for you.

I got a chance to check out one of the new graveyards at Prigorodki if you hop over to my thread in the Gallery (don't want to repost).

• Like 1

Is everyone down at the prison?  No wonder I haven't seen a soul up north.

• Like 1

I would really love the AU/NZ Exp servers to be turned on when you get a chance please, I can see the US ones on but empty and they look bugged out.

Green pepper seeds are not realistic. There are no green peppers only unripe ones. They are yellow-greenish varieties, but GREEN peppers that you buy at store are unripe. 

Green pepper seeds are not realistic. There are no green peppers only unripe ones. They are yellow-greenish varieties, but GREEN peppers that you buy at store are unripe. 

They are just referred to as "pepper seeds" (not by color) and the green bell peppers that are used in-game do in fact have seeds in them. I'm not seeing what is "unrealistic" about that.

Nothing should grow from seeds taken from unripe peppers, because seeds are not mature.

Correction did some research and there are about 2 pepper varieties in the world that stay completely green.

Do the Logfiles register when you get run over by someone with a truck too?

Just happened to me and made me wonder if this might get a plague with 15 trucks spawning per server?

Servers are very slow to respond.  Minimal to no loot, no food at all.  When you do find loot, you cannot pick it up half the time.  More loot inland, if you get far enough.  Not super fun atm.

Servers are very slow to respond.  Minimal to no loot, no food at all.  When you do find loot, you cannot pick it up half the time.  More loot inland, if you get far enough.  Not super fun atm.

This is the nature of Experimental. If it doesn't suit you, head back to Stable. Experimental is not for everyone, nor is its main intent to be fun.

Edited by Tatanko

Pointless bickering and "hilarious" gifs removed.

Keep it on topic and keep it friendly. If there's an issue, report it and let US deal with it.

L

• Like 3

With servers set for 50 and not being restarted every few hours everything near spawn points has been taken. There isn't only no food but there isn't anything else either. I found when I first spawn I find a rock and craft a knife. Then find some apple trees and feast on them. Find some water and take care of that need. With so many players most of the Zeds have been killed off. Look at the map and try to figure what area that may have seen less traffic and head for it. Even then the pickings aren't great but I've been able to find enough to survive.

When I can't pick up loot I sometimes find it won't go in my pack even when there is space, but I can take it in my hands. You also may find you can't eat or drink. Wait a bit and see if your having some lag then try again. I've even logged off then back on and found I could then pick it up. I'm not upset it even happens in stable sometimes but not as offen. I'm sure it will get fixed eventually.

Tatanko is very helpful and posts a lot of good stuff...I think you misreading his posts. Hope you hang in...am sure it will get better.

• Like 1

I did not mean to come off as complaining, I only wanted to share what I have seen this morning.

There is definitely more loot inland if you can make it there.

The lag is surely server side as you can see your ping and you see other people time out when you cannot loot(or open doors or eat).

Please don't take my post wrong, as others have, I have hundreds of hours on experimental and love this game.

While these issues are very uncommon, it is to be expected in ALPHA.

Off to game more.

• Like 2

The rate in which a player dies of starvation is an insult to starving people everywhere and those that have starved to death. I'm OK with food being more rare, if you're allowed to live long enough to overcome the problem. What's even worse is when you die of starvation within an hr of gameplay when you've eaten 2 cans of tac bacon, 1 can of sardines, an orange, a kiwi and a banana. That's just called going full retard. I think they should be aiming for an hour of gameplay for each stage; hungry(yellow), hungry(orange) and starving.

Also, maybe they should try something more along the lines of making people weaker as they get hungrier and hungrier, start to throttle their top speed. 

This is experimental isn't it? Start experimenting.

....I'm hoping hunger factors incorporate more realistic short term effects.

I know from experience that you can become impaired rapidly if you exert yourself on an empty stomach or quickly run out of food energy.

You certainly won't be starving in the medical sense of the word yet but you would experience weakness/shakiness of body/limbs, and impaired mental faculties.

For example, if you are low on food energy and sprint to a neighboring town you run the risk of a sort of blood sugar drop that impairs aim with shaking and lowers your top run speed.

Walking would avoid the rapid drop and make you less likely to experience the symptoms.

• Like 3

I'm glad I'm not the only one finding loot items a rare commodity.  I have been inland for some time and I haven't found much.  It does make the game a challenge, but its not good for any group with more than one person when traveling around  lol.  Even solo I'm just finding enough food to keep the hunger wolfs at bay.

The skin and quarter bug is the only thing keeping my guy from getting necessary and delicious rabbit calories. Snares are pretty common, it's definitely one way in which you can attempt to get over early starvation. I ate my first rabbit raw, the food poisoning ended up being worth it, always a gamble but that's what makes the beginning fun. This is all dependent upon being able to skin and quarter though...

The skin and quarter bug is the only thing keeping my guy from getting necessary and delicious rabbit calories. Snares are pretty common, it's definitely one way in which you can attempt to get over early starvation. I ate my first rabbit raw, the food poisoning ended up being worth it, always a gamble but that's what makes the beginning fun. This is all dependent upon being able to skin and quarter though...

You mean metal wire is? Wooden sticks would be pretty easy to come by, sure. I don't always have a lot of luck finding metal wire, though :(

Someone posted a reddit with a pic of some guy in full leather outfit. With cannibalism already in the game, please don´t say that people now can skin humans and make clothes of it.

Someone posted a reddit with a pic of some guy in full leather outfit. With cannibalism already in the game, please don´t say that people now can skin humans and make clothes of it.

Would that scare you?