thefriendlydutchman

Map Builder

A map builder where you have the following:

Be able to place buildings

Be able to have paint brushes (for grass rock etc) 

Be able to have height brushes

Be able to upload and download your map in a dayz workshop on steam

Be able to make percentages of for example: vehicles, military loot, civilian loot etc

Be able to have a vegation brush or 2 seperate one for grass and one for trees

Be able to download 3d models for your map building in the Workshop

Be able to have a spawnpoint brush you can (up to 9 points) place spawns around your map

Probably not doable with arma engine :/

One of Arma's main strengths is its map editor, especially with Arma 3's Zeus dlc allowing one player to act as a DM and place items and ai in real time as others play.

• Like 3

this would be an AMAZING idea if possible, it would really help modders with new maps and such. guess we'll see in the later years.

As Fluxley has pointed out already this is all very doable and a lot of people have created entire maps, not just editing the existing ones.

Make sure to make your research as the engine is capable of a lot of things - just think about how a mil-sim has been turned into a Zombie-Game.

• Like 1

wut.

The Map Editor is one of the strongest features of Arma. It's been in every game.

Hmmm.. I didn't think DayZ is using the Arma engine anymore? 

I do like the idea of map making though.

Hmmm.. I didn't think DayZ is using the Arma engine anymore? 

I do like the idea of map making though.

Still using the same overall basis and built on older ArmA code.

Map editing is perfectly possible in the Arma engine... it's how they made and update Chernarus (not just scripted, they use an actual terrain editor program.) As for an ingame editor similar to what the ArmA games have had; I'm not sure - a big portion of the game is run serverside so setting that up for a clientside experience in single player (even if it was set up as if it were serverside) would not be an easy task for the devs to do and I don't know whether it would even fit with what they have in mind for the future.

If it happens I'll gladly support it but I don't see anything official happening anytime soon.

When modding comes around we'll definitely get new maps and upgraded variants of ported ones, and maybe some game-friendly editing tools. We'll also see more in the future from the Devs after Chernarus is completed.

god, yes please.

I love armas mission editor.Ive probably spent more time in it than the game itself