Sign in to follow this  
xjdwatson

New upcoming server comunity discussion. OptimumPlay

Me and a few freinds have been working behind the scenes recently on ideas to 'revive' the dayz mod players and build it into somewhat of a community. I have been playing Dayz for around 3 years now and slowly it has been seen to be deteriorating. We have had a few ideas for a couple of months now and only recently we have decided to do something about it. I am not going to disclose what we have planned as things may not work out, but it is getting to a point now that we must set up a server to lay foundations of a new community. We are looking for players that are willing to do this and play on the server and possibly be dedicated to the same cause as us. 

Now on to the Server part as this is the server forum after all.

Its a simple question that we need help with, What map/mod would you like the first foundation block server to be?

It will almost certainly be some form of epoch, maybe even overpoch but that's why im asking for your help to decide.. 

The options are as follows:

Dayz epoch, epoch origins, overpoch or overpoch origins.

These mods on any map of the following CHERNARUS, TAVIANA, LINGOR, NAMALSK or PANTHERA

Any replies are greatly appreciated.

Great idea, I'm just giving some feedbacks about game balancing:

Just little critic over Overpoch, it's fun, it's ton of 7.62 snipers everywhere, tons of 350z and stuff like that everywhere. It's like playing COD on a zombie map. surprisingly, zombies don't have 7.62 also haha!

just geeting critic it's more or less a limited wasteland designed for re spawn combat, specially what makes people ragequit on classical Dayz haha!

Just for saying one guy with a tiny bit of luck can wipe all your team with a SR-25 just found 2 mins after the spawn. Just not playable if you're not casual.

Just a point about playing as a team : if you want to have noobs on your servers don't add group management it's too OP, it's not designed for DayZ for sure!!! Killing a solo guy in a team is so easy with markers on your screen!!! In IRL zombie situation or common warfare situation you have to identify your threats and determine how we will prioritize target or even flee to come back with a better hand. I like the metaphore with cards, because on A2 when you identify a threat it's often too late to move properly, it is close quarter tactics!

Or an ok solution would be to limit group management visuals to 2 players, bcs twin squad is the best immersive situation.

There is 2 ways to add pvp: Add more player (which in reality means bring more noobs easy targets) or, make the fights more intense (Which I'm very concerned about)! (another way is missions and valuable places' loot but I won't talk about it). On the other hand, when you stick on a TS, you'll often fight in a big group like 5 to 10 if you're crazy enough to handle it haha

If you want more vehicule possibilties and realistic skidding? Allow vehicules to go up to 200km.h^-1 like on a famous Wasteland server, that is a better option bcs 1° Not OverPowered uggly cars 2° Requires skills!

Another point is : with common known AI path finding glitches, if you do not increase zombie damage, the game will turn into open pvp very soon, as team would got bored very fast. Zombie should be feared before player from my point of view. Solutions: 1) increase zombies efficiency (Just what Vanilla devs did) 2)Reduce automatic weapons occurency. (what overpoch don't do!) 3) Copy what L4D does, make the spawning system smart! Allow mass spawns when players are loud.

So when operpoch is running, you will play the game in 1 week; no more you ll be full stuff.

I think the AI must be intelligent, noob player (with no gametime recorded on server) should not have strong zombies, they should be almost blind for teaching. Vet should have to deal with very aware Z, and PVPer should have increased spawn of zombies but not from usual spawns!!! and ofc from dead players!

Conclusion, from my point of view A2 is lacking of AI improvements, I don't say it's bad, but with better AI you'll increase playable gametime without adding content; and player would like thinking about smarter tactics, what's rely on the brain of the player would make him more attached to the game.

The zombies that are so weak when you're a good player. That's why I can't play Epoch anymore, no surprise no fun; wasteland is giving me same feeling for pvp. I'm a longterm pvper, and very concerned about game balancing and fair-play, bcs we all kill solo players with a team of 4... haha!

Just my 0,02€

Edited by Split_Oxz
  • Like 1

I totally agree with everything you are saying apart form the speedy cars part, seems a tad arcadey, the AI is surprisingly bad for such a game, the AI has always pretty bad and improving it will bge hard but we will try our best :) thanks for the detailed input!