maninthewall

why is this happening

Can someone help me when I try to launch Namalsk Overpoch i get this message.

I have following mods installed:

Dayz

Epoch

Overwatch 

Namalsk

Origins

Launch parameters: -mod=@Dayz_Namalsk;@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;

Why does it not work

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/544141213074587574/E6931B9BA5505C5005A2FF632F0CDD8C3EF25921/

You are somehow launching DayZ along with it. You can see that yourself, it gives you the warning that you're launching it with the game, but that that is not accepted by the server.

Other than that, please note that we can't offer support for those bastardizations of the mod combining three different mods.

• Like 1

k anyone else know anything?

Well, I have given you the answer already. Make sure you're not double-launching something (IE trying to launch through a launcher whilst that is launching from Steam).

The way it works then is that it's going to launch the game with both launchparameters - IE:

Launcher: -mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@Origins;

Steam ARMA 2:OA Launchparams: -mod=@DayZ

Then you'll end up with all 3 mods.

Well, I have given you the answer already. Make sure you're not double-launching something (IE trying to launch through a launcher whilst that is launching from Steam).

The way it works then is that it's going to launch the game with both launchparameters - IE:

Launcher: -mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@Origins;

Steam ARMA 2:OA Launchparams: -mod=@DayZ

Then you'll end up with all 3 mods.

idk what im doing wrong

i tried launching from dayz commander at first with the parameters listed, then launching only through steam, enabling all my dayz mods in the arma 2 menu, restarting the game and tried joining the server.. none works.. 

can you do a much simpler instruction of what i need to do? if you dont mind..

i hate modding but i want to be able to play namalsk

enabling all my dayz mods

Like I said before:

Do NOT enable DayZ Mod.

didn't work

You will have to get used to including more information, especially in the modding scene. It's the modding scene, it's not really mant to be working right off.

"Didn't work" won't help you solving the problem. What doesn't work? Screenshot?

By the way: you most likely slowly get why I'm negatively biased about the mods earlier. They tend to not work while not actually being that good.

DayZ Mod can be acquired through Steam and will work right off the Steam-Library without any faffing about.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

You will have to get used to including more information, especially in the modding scene. It's the modding scene, it's not really mant to be working right off.

"Didn't work" won't help you solving the problem. What doesn't work? Screenshot?

By the way: you most likely slowly get why I'm negatively biased about the mods earlier. They tend to not work while not actually being that good.

DayZ Mod can be acquired through Steam and will work right off the Steam-Library without any faffing about.

Ok, I'm sorry, disabling dayz mod didn't work.

there is nothing else i can add here, I have everything that's suppose to be installed, but yet I can't play

Ok, I'm sorry, disabling dayz mod didn't work.

Yeah, but why didn't it work? What happens if you try to join the server?

I can't be the same error if you disable DayZ Mod and made sure it's not running.

I can't be the same error if you disable DayZ Mod and made sure it's not running.

Well i went to the menus in ArmA 2, then to expansions, and disabled DayZ ArmA 2 mod, launched through steam.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/544141213074952181/1A5A0A07487BE3AAACD3ED9D8C710D3982B25238/

ones that arent listed is british armed forces and some namalsk crisis.. they're at the top of the list.

And you're still getting that exact same error when you're trying to join a server? Try taking a screenshot again and let me see.

No, it's an entirely different error.

Try to read throug it. It gives you exactly the folder in question that is not accepted by that server. This time around you have Panthera and Origins enabled when the server obviously isn't Panthera.

You will always have to match your mods to those the server is running. Any additional mod will lead to this error in one way or the other. But it will always give you the exact Mod you need to disable. Let me show you:

1st Error - DayZ Mod:

ivdoEiy.jpg

2nd Error Panthera and Origins:

4pH7YNY.jpg

Edited by kichilron

No, it's an entirely different error.

Try to read throug it. It gives you exactly the folder in question that is not accepted by that server. This time around you have Panthera and Origins enabled when the server obviously isn't Panthera.

You will always have to match your mods to those the server is running. Any additional mod will lead to this error in one way or the other. But it will always give you the exact Mod you need to disable. Let me show you:

1st Error - DayZ Mod:

ivdoEiy.jpg

2nd Error Panthera and Origins:

4pH7YNY.jpg

thank you a thousand times, cant believe it was so simple :D