r4z0r49

Weekend Test Build. 1.8.3.100aa50

The ideal place to post bugs is:

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/issues

Please make sure they are listed to the DayZ project. Feature requests can also be made through this system.

Full Download: - This is a manual update only update if you plan to test.

Client Files: http://cdn.dayz.nu/latest/Development/1.8.3.100aa50/@Client-1.8.3.100aa50-DEV-Full.rar
Server Files: http://cdn.dayz.nu/latest/Development/1.8.3.100aa50/@Server-1.8.3.100aa50-DEV-Full.rar

Mission File: http://cdn.dayz.nu/latest/Development/1.8.3.100aa50/dayz_1337.chernarus.pbo

DB SQL: Located in the Server Files.

Prerequisites:

* [Prerequisites] - Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 x86 Redistributable (http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=8328)

* [Prerequisites] - Battleye Filters must be updated manually by server admins. (https://github.com/D...attleye-Filters)

* [Prerequisites] - Updated to the newest beta using Steam.

Changes To Test:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/215677-rolling-changelog-184/#entry2166886

Notes:

ServerAdmins -- Make sure to update Mission file, Make sure to use a clean DB

Test Servers: -- If your running a test server drop your server banner and ill add to this list.

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

Topic will remain open so you can discuss any issues. Just so we don't have 600 bloody posts.

Edited by R4Z0R49
  • Like 7

Awesome, I plan to give this a go.

b_560_95_1.png

Or search for "dayz.kichilron.de" in the Remote-Tab / IP-Search.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 2

Only run across a few minor niggels so far, yell if you want any bugged.

Animations between weapon slot 1 & 3 and back not playing. going to 2 from 1 or 3 still plays.

Infected did not spawn at hele crash west and infected camp until after I had left and was 50m's away.

How did you travel to the crash sites ?.
Server might be on quick switch.

Incase you have been playing on my server:

quickswitch is activated.

• Like 1

I was and I did not know it was a server option, so no worries

How did you travel to the crash sites ?.

I was crouched jog, the Hele east site I went to spawned okay. I had been seeing this in earlier dev builds too with the chopper crash sites, a bit to often now to be random bug...

Edited by Detoeni

Its how the Ai gets generated these dayz. To stop other issues

I expect when you see a crash site you walk towards the chopper facing it this blocks the AI from spawning because they would spawn the field of view of the player something we try to limit around towns.

Let me see what i can do about it.

Ok i've update the hole generation system for zeds if the player finds a wreck the script now pass a variable to the spawn script letting it know to bypass FOV checks.

• Like 1

Hey, played on your server last night, Saw this a couple of times:

The sledgehammers/pickaxes that I found (maybe someone dropped them before me as the looked like axes that have been dropped, sticking out of the ground) had no skin and were white.

2015_01_11_00001.jpg

Other then that awesome performance!

Question: Is that server of your's very fast or have the code been changed for better performance? Or perhaps a combination of both?

If no changes to the code I would be interested in your basic.cfg settings as the gameplay (especially around many zeds) was very fluent.

Thanks!

Edited by vinyljunkie

ok yes i see the issue i moved the model to the dayz_communityweapons.pbo and rather forgot to update the model textures or updated them and forgot to save :-)

Notes:

ServerAdmins -- Make sure to update Mission file, Make sure to use a clean DB

Does this mean a db wipe will be necessary when 1.8.4 hits? 

Thanks

Oh nar, Just wonted to make sure the SQL is working as it should be

Does this mean a db wipe will be necessary when 1.8.4 hits? 

Thanks

The problem is if people are trying to switch between versions - which is why a separate DB is always a good idea for testing things.

Just imagine someone switching to the old version with a sledgehammer or something. You never know what happens next. :ph34r:

Oh nar, Just wonted to make sure the SQL is working as it should be

The problem is if people are trying to switch between versions - which is why a separate DB is always a good idea for testing things.

Just imagine someone switching to the old version with a sledgehammer or something. You never know what happens next. :ph34r:

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

What about the overall better performance? Is this intentional or just a very fast server kichilron is running?

Cheers

• Like 1

What about the overall better performance? Is this intentional or just a very fast server kichilron is running?

The server I'm running this on isn't all that fast, I have to admit. But the overall performance seems to ahve improved.

EDIT: It is a dedicated server only managed by me, though. So there's no performanceloss by other servers running on that node.

Edited by kichilron

The server I'm running this on isn't all that fast, I have to admit. But the overall performance seems to ahve improved.

EDIT: It is a dedicated server only managed by me, though. So there's no performanceloss by other servers running on that node.

Ok, thanks. It's just very very fluent and high fps.

It most definitely has improved.  I took notice of CPU load, etc on the server right away.

Noticed a thing: Yesterday when logging out from kichilron's server I was at around 7k blood. Today when logging back in I am at 12 k again. This has happened to me and other players on my server running 1.8.3 so it's not a new bug. Not sure how to recreate this bug either and thought you wanted to know. Should I post it on github? I couldn't find a report about it.

Thanks

Edited by vinyljunkie

I talked with some of the regular players on my server last night and have a list of things that they reported to me.

Sometimes you do not get a fueling sound when another player is fueling a vehicle and you are standing close.

Pants (camo pants in this instance) are bloodied even though the player has never had broken legs.

Still having dizziness after hydrating.

Can't harvest wood in a forest. From large pine trees. (I'm pretty sure this is fixed  already in 1.8.4, but if not...)

Can't take down a Camo Net.  Once constructed, you cannot get a scroll down menu on the camo net to pack it back up.

If you shoot a campfire, it will explode.  (tested this with melee weapons, but shooting will definitely cause an explosion) I tested this repeatedly last night.

I talked with some of the regular players on my server last night and have a list of things that they reported to me.

Pants (camo pants in this instance) are bloodied even though the player has never had broken legs.

They are supposed to be bloodied just before your legs are going to break, basically. When they are damaged. In this case it's a sign you need morphine. At least I think vanilla has this too. I may just have misunderstood you as well but afaik it's not a bug with blood on your pants before you have broken your legs.

Edited by AndersE

the big issue on that list is the fire blowing up i have just fixed that also the textures on the two new tools.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this ability already exists in some form, but with the addition of harvesting stone, you should be able to sharpen your hunting knife with harvested stone.