Sign in to follow this  
Madfireshot

Seppuku Suicide Suggestion

Thought it would be interesting if committing suicide with bladed objects ran an animation that resembled seppuku. I say resemble as stabbing ones heart would be more effective than slicing out the guts.

Pressing F11 would have your character enter a kneeling animation and would raise the blade with both hands at around eye level. Left clicking would cause your character to drive the blade into their chest and end with the character falling to their side and dying.

If this has been brought up before I apologize, as I did not see it mentioned before. Animations are not first priority by any means, but that is why this is a suggestion.

Why on God's green earth would anyone want to commit seppuku in DayZ? 

I could use "Why on God's green earth would anyone want to ... in DayZ" for 50% of the things that happen in DayZ  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 3

Because stabbing your heart causes you to bleed out faster then slicing your own throat.

Also, on the note of death by pointy object, why does stabbing yourself kill you instantly? Shouldn't it cause major blood loss, unconsciousness, and then death?

Edited by Madfireshot

Because stabbing your heart causes you to bleed out faster then slicing your own throat.

Also, on the note of death by pointy object, why does stabbing yourself kill you instantly? Shouldn't it cause major blood loss, unconsciousness, and then death?

Seppuku isn't just any old knifey-stabby suicide. We already have those.

Why do we need such things? Someone already suggested hanging. A DayZ suicide just serves the purpose to be able to start out with a new character. The DayZ suicide is just an animation of a menu button "Delete Character". Further, why would anybody use such a painfull bullshit when there are plenty of guns available? Seeing your character stabbing his heart in a video game is the same level and duration of pain like seeing him stabbing a pen into his throat.

Why do we need such things? Someone already suggested hanging. A DayZ suicide just serves the purpose to be able to start out with a new character. The DayZ suicide is just an animation of a menu button "Delete Character". Further, why would anybody use such a painfull bullshit when there are plenty of guns available? Seeing your character stabbing his heart in a video game is the same level and duration of pain like seeing him stabbing a pen into his throat.

While it is around the same level of pain, technically duration of actual death is smaller. Also, if stabbing yourself in the throat and stabbing your heart is equally painful as you say then why argue points between the two? Also, saying it is a poor way to commit suicide compared to guns is a mute point. As it is just as arguable to say that suicide by gunshot is better than the existing alternative by committing suicide by slicing your throat.

So I suppose what I am saying is that there is not much proving either way of committing suicide is logically better besides the point that one has the reputation of being dramatic.

Edited by Madfireshot

The only viable application for a seppuko animation, is role-playing.

Yeah. There already exists an alternative, and this would just be an alternate animation with select items. While the idea does not add anything substantial, I feel that it is not a bad idea either.

Edited by Madfireshot

Its honorabru!

This is what Op really wants

500e315739875.png

Edited by AlexeiStukov
  • Like 1

If I was going to kill myself in a scenario like DayZ I'd probably slash my wrists. I think that has more of a place in DayZ, since it's a whole lot sadder to sit down and bleed out.

Honestly I don't think it'd even occur to me to stab myself in the heart. If I had an ornate dagger or a samurai sword then maybe, but a kitchen knife? That sounds like a broken rib, a punctured lung and about 3 days of wheezing 'til I die.

But really I don't think there needs to be more suicide animations. I wouldn't complain if it were to be added in, but I don't think the game would be lacking anything if it wasn't. 

• Like 1