Sign in to follow this  
avensie

6 Heli Crashes on 1 server (0.52 Stable)

How is this even possible? I have seen two crashes interlocked like that before but man didn't think it's possible to have 6 crashes so closely nearby. Basically all the possible crash sites in this area had a crash, and then some. 

This reminds me of the mod, when a server stayed open for hours without restarting, the crash sites were spawning continuously.

Anyway this is either a small bug, or a blatant exploit by the server admin.

Nope! This was on a normal server, non-persistence. I don't even know how this is possible but you know it was so cool I found this :D I found 4 other ones but it was super far away on the same server. 

Anyway this is either a small bug, or a blatant exploit by the server admin.

How do you think so? There is a tiny chance for the crashsites to spawn on spawnpoints so close to each others. ( which is actually higher than the posibillity that two helis spawn on one spawnpoint, which was found quite a few times until today )

How do you think so? There is a tiny chance for the crashsites to spawn on spawnpoints so close to each others. ( which is actually higher than the posibillity that two helis spawn on one spawnpoint, which was found quite a few times until today )

There's a limit of 3 crash sites per server. They randomly change to the 50 some possible spawn points every server restart. If there's 4, 5 or 6 crash sites, it is either a bug (never heard or saw that bug before) or an admin exploit like we've seen in the past.

It has been confirmed that admins exploited their rented servers, make them private or connected to the private hive, locked them and abused the manual restart feature to dupe items or make "christmas loot" spawn. Another reason why we have a wipe, to get rid of all the duped items.

Seeing so many crash sites when the official limit is 3 per server, confirmed by devs, is quite obvious it's either an extremely, never reported glitch/bug, or an admin abuse. (like there's been in the past...)

Ours is private locked, and we have only ever seen 2 smokers.

We restart it to remove the problems with the rain crashing bug. But never have seen 3 or more in the same server area.

Sometimes we find 0 and search all over the place for one.

The limit is 6. 3 UH crashes and 3 Mil crashes.

Since when? :huh:

This must have changed, because in 0.45,0.46, 0.47 and so on the limit was 3 crashes per server, back then UH-60 and Mi-8 were shared so each time you came across an Mi-8 you lost a chance to find an M4. Most people "hopped" servers when encountering even just 1 Mi-8. There's a guide on the forums explaining the mechanics, giving tips on how to find them, etc...

It must have changed with 0.51 with the removal of the UH-60 that was replaced by the UH-1Y.

Honestly we've done some testing on private hives, going to all 57 possible crash sites, and finding all 3. Sometimes 1 x Mi-8 and 2 x UH-1Y, sometimes 3 x Mi-8. Never seen more than 3 on a server. It's pretty easy to go to all crash sites spawns with vehicles now. Used to do it on 4 or 6 hours restart servers, but now it's doable on 2 hrs restart ones.

Anyway, I'll have to trust your word on this, as I've never read anything official about this.

(Even the official wiki clearly states how it works too...  http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Helicopter_Crash_Sites )