Cap'n (DayZ)

When did people start hating on the game so hard?

So, I decided to edit my Steam review of the Alpha a couple of days ago to update some of my opinions as it's been a year and I think the game has come pretty far. Before even editing it, I look down to the review section. And bam, I'm instantly surprised. Like damn. At least six or seven negative reviews. Recent too, and the majority of them complain about the recent sale controversy (I didn't see the problem, but it was an avoidable problem the devs brought upon themselves). The rest were primarily concerned with bugs and a few were fairly personal attacks on the devs. And damn, their approval rate was high.

This confused me. I've dumped like 650 some hours into it. I thoroughly enjoy the game. It's won awards too. And now I look over the internet, and I see that several youtubers whose career survived off DayZ, now they simply trash talk it and are sponsored by Sony for that free to play zombie thing (The one with the swine flu name? I couldn't bother to search). And then I look at reddit, and good god r/gaming is massive cancerous ulcer. There was some shitty meme pic posted and it had something to do with the sale and rocket and got a ton of upvotes and a bunch of trolls spilled over into r/dayz and it got shitty so the devs basically abandoned it and are now apparently going to turn the forums into their main community communication tool (about time). But all that still bothers me and confuses me.

Like three or four months ago, none of this was heard of. People had occasional criticisms (some valid, some not imho), but few actively attack the game and it's media and no were NEAR the current scale. Now, hell I see people discussing it in other games. I got kicked off a Red Orchestra server because some stuff some guys said about it pissed me off (they were the clan that ran the server), and I tried to defend the game. Hell, even in this forum we've got six or seven active trolls I say troll because there is a difference between someone who has criticisms and someone who posts nothing but attacks on the game itself in a vulgar and flame bait manner. And the mods do nothing about that, until these posts boil over into an actual flame war then they hand out warnings.

But what puzzled me even more is that 88% something percent of the reviews are positive on the steam page, yet most of the front page is still reviews attacking the game. What? That doesn't really make sense to me. 

I'm putting on my tin foil hat now.

I'll go ahead and place the burden of the blame r/gaming. That's the only way I can explain it to myself, and it makes enough sense. A high profile shit thread gets a ton of upvotes (anyone defending the game got downvoted into oblivion, and you had to scroll FARRR down to see any kind of defense). What I think, is that all these people went to steam off reddit and gave a thumbs up to any negative review they saw just so they can get that little satisfaction. cunts

Still, I'm kind of confused. What do you guys think?

I still think a lot of people are bitter over the whole Dean issue, IMO

• Like 1

They give us cars - and take them from us after 4 hours :D

I still think a lot of people are bitter over the whole Dean issue, IMO

We knew he was going to leave at the end of the year. Why is everyone so butthurt about it?

We knew he was going to leave at the end of the year. Why is everyone so butthurt about it?

Meh no idea. I personally think it's kind of dumb, but I'm not bitter about it. And as the game slags on longer and longer the complaints will undoubtedly become more numerous, especially with hacking still a big issue. 

Meh no idea. I personally think it's kind of dumb, but I'm not bitter about it. And as the game slags on longer and longer the complaints will undoubtedly become more numerous, especially with hacking still a big issue. 

I just can't relate to the people that have problems with hackers, as I haven't encountered a single one in my whole time playing. Even on full servers. Luck I guess?

• Like 6

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/6794-i-give-up-this-game-is-bull-i-want-my-money-back/

sure you're aware but.....

haters been hating in here for a bit....had to have their own thread just to try and keep the rest of the forum cleaned up....i am all for constructive criticism, and even a well done rant that has some substance, but the majority of it is complaining for the sake of complaining.....which is just dumb. the stupidity has actually kind of lessened lately in the quoted thread, which is good. there is some stuff in there thats good for a laugh if you havent waded in there before.....0fux...nice :thumbsup:

• Like 1

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/6794-i-give-up-this-game-is-bull-i-want-my-money-back/

sure you're aware but.....

haters been hating in here for a bit....had to have their own thread just to try and keep the rest of the forum cleaned up....i am all for constructive criticism, and even a well done rant that has some substance, but the majority of it is complaining for the sake of complaining.....which is just dumb. the stupidity has actually kind of lessened lately in the quoted thread, which is good. there is some stuff in there thats good for a laugh if you havent waded in there before.....0fux...nice :thumbsup:

On the forums it's gotten better over the last few months, but everywhere else is getting consistently worse. I also agree with you on criticism. Without it, how can the devs know what they are doing wrong ?:P

• Like 3

On the forums it's gotten better over the last few months, but everywhere else is getting consistently worse. I also agree with you on criticism. Without it, how can the devs know what they are doing wrong ? :P

unfortunately constructive criticism can be stifled by both sides unintentionally. You get the people who provide it, then usually the idiot fanboys who have a ridiculous knee jerk reaction to what they said, and then it degenerates into a flamewar and everyone forgets what they were talking about lol

Constructive criticism is tough to come by on the internet, as everyone suddenly feels like they're being personally attacked lol

• Like 3

Well,the majority of people complaining are either angry about the development speed or the game's overall gameplay value.

Also a certain inclining percentage of players,that is frustrated about the uprising hacking threat is adding to this list.

Let's face it DayZ at this stage is far from a perfect experience.

But on the other hand the heaps of barren uncostructive criticism is not helping the community in any way.

Well,the majority of people complaining are either angry about the development speed or the game's overall gameplay value.

Also a certain inclining percentage of players,that is frustrated about the uprising hacking threat is adding to this list.

Let's face it DayZ at this stage is far from a perfect experience.

But on the other hand the heaps of barren uncostructive criticism is not helping the community in any way.

I understand, but as someone who has invested a lot of time into the game and really enjoys it it's just hard to accept someones argument when your viewpoints are literally the opposite. Sometimes I wonder that maybe a good sum of the complainers just aren't suited to the game period?

I understand, but as someone who has invested a lot of time into the game and really enjoys it it's just hard to accept someones argument when your viewpoints are literally the opposite. Sometimes I wonder that maybe a good sum of the complainers just aren't suited to the game period?

Welcome to life :D

I'm used to it as my brother and I, as well as my best friend, are on polar ends of the political spectrum, so I'm used to debating with people that are absolutely wrong ;)

• Like 1

The way I see it is you'll get people who just attacking DEVs and the game no matter what game it is, the Internet wouldn't be the same without these types of people.

As for Hall leaving, why would anyone care? He wanted to make a game he's done that, he can now leave it to grow into what ever it'll grow into and he can carry on doing what ever he wants.

The way I see it is you'll get people who just attacking DEVs and the game no matter what game it is, the Internet wouldn't be the same without these types of people.

As for Hall leaving, why would anyone care? He wanted to make a game he's done that, he can now leave it to grow into what ever it'll grow into and he can carry on doing what ever he wants.

Well technically...in order to make something it has to be done first :P

lul

On the forums it's gotten better over the last few months, but everywhere else is getting consistently worse. I also agree with you on criticism. Without it, how can the devs know what they are doing wrong ? :P

i haven't really paid much attention to any other forum, but have noticed a couple of my regular youtubers getting in a few shitty comments about DayZ, one particularly craptastic because it was prefaced with "i haven't even played it in like 6 months". i get that people can be really frustrated by this game, and need to let shit fly sometimes, which is totally cool if done in a reasonable manner... it just seems like the same drivel over and over here tho..."zombies sux still, fix now", "stop adding shit and fix it". its irritating when the complainer doesn't even attempt to educate themselves somewhat, or at least have their gripe contain something even loosely based on facts...i'm gonna place the blame on stupidity (refusal to learn/accept) and an entitled mindset.

.....and def not tryin' to get that hate ball rolling here....so i'll just hush my mouth :blush:  

Really the only thing that drive me nuts about this game is the absolutely uselessness of Battle Eye and the rampant hacking. Other than that the game is pretty solid. A few bugs here and there, but it has come rather far. I think some of the patches have been a bit rushed, and some of the coding comes off as a bit confusing to me personally, but still a rather solid game all things considered.

Edited by DeatHTaX

Well technically...in order to make something it has to be done first :P

lul

In that sense yes but he already stated that when it comes to just bug fixing there's no need for him, so what's the best thing to do with that guy who just hangs over your shoulder all day? You get rid of him lol.

I have had to much beer to answer this, but, i do think that most people

don't remember it's ALPHA! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

694.png

In that sense yes but he already stated that when it comes to just bug fixing there's no need for him, so what's the best thing to do with that guy who just hangs over your shoulder all day? You get rid of him lol.

I never really understood that...like...what his job really was.

I mean he doesn't bug fix...and if he just walks around all day looking over peoples' shoulders he isn't coding...

I'm not saying he doesn't do anything, but seriously like what was his role?

Edited by DeatHTaX

I never really understood that...like...what his job really was.

I mean he doesn't bug fix...and if he just walks around all day looking over peoples' shoulders he isn't coding...

I'm not saying he doesn't do anything, but seriously like what was his role?

Along with some coding I think he was just overseeing that it was being made the way he wanted it. Which is why there's no need for him when it comes to Beta which he said will be mostly bug fixing since the main mechanics are will be implemented.

Edited by RagedDrew

I wish they would talk to the guys over at ACI and see if they can help, or punkbuster combo like the other games uses. It catches the stupid ones first then waits to see if we can catch any of the big fish.

http://www.anticheatinc.net/forums/index.php

punkbuster.com

I sent the links to a couple of admins maybe they will at least go talk to these people.

Not saying they all are good or bad but I agree there is a rampart issue with some of these hacks. Old ones will be caught first then wait to see the sales fall from the hacks. (new ones will be made)

Otherwise the review from me is good. I like the game, a tad boring just running around on a private hive but it gets me into the learning the game. What I didn't like was reviewing some of the teleporters hacks... Aimbot through walls etc.. and yes friends of mine had the issue a few times. reviews from others on the issues. The same problem was with WarZ when I first entered into the game. Boring as shit too.

Other then that I hope to see more and more improvements in this game.

A group of us purchased our own server and locked it down. Eventually opening it up to others or the public.

haha is hate coming for evryting in planet include game most time coming after butt was hurt experiance if youtuber is do a contract with sony THEY SELL SOUL TO SATAN AND WILL SAY ANYTHINGS TO KEP THE BOSS HAPPY i don listen to hater i make a decid use evidance of my game experiance yes is bug yes is problem yes is sometime maked me frustrate BUT I KEP LOG IN CONTINUE MY PLAY BECASE I LOVE 99% WAT IS GOOD IN DAYZ

• Like 2

Well,that's a matter of opinion and opinions tend to differ.

Having spent 650 hours in the game,i assume you find SA a rewarding experience.

But a large portion of the community would rather wait on more survival oriented gameplay rather than engaging on the game's PVP's aspect.

And in all honesty,i can relate to them,because there's not much really else to do,other than Death matching.

Edit:Bad Grammar bothers me.... :P

Edited by Damnyourdeadman
  • Like 1

haha is hate coming for evryting in planet include game most time coming after butt was hurt experiance if youtuber is do a contract with sony THEY SELL SOUL TO SATAN AND WILL SAY ANYTHINGS TO KEP THE BOSS HAPPY i don listen to hater i make a decid use evidance of my game experiance yes is bug yes is problem yes is sometime maked me frustrate BUT I KEP LOG IN CONTINUE MY PLAY BECASE I LOVE 99% WAT IS GOOD IN DAYZ

I think your english is progressively getting worse...

• Like 1