Cap'n (DayZ)

When did people start hating on the game so hard?

I guess some people just want things to bitch about. 

It's cold in here. 

• Like 1

I just can't relate to the people that have problems with hackers, as I haven't encountered a single one in my whole time playing. Even on full servers. Luck I guess?

We have about the same amount of hours played but i seem to find them all the time. Once i even got killed by a hacker 3 times in 5 min. At least two different. One flying dude, and after that a bleeding Bambi that destroyed me 10 sec after spawn with some sort of superfast punch thingy from 20 meter away. But usually it's just the regular speedhacker. Consider yourself lucky :D

Really the only thing that drive me nuts about this game is the absolutely uselessness of Battle Eye and the rampant hacking. Other than that the game is pretty solid. A few bugs here and there, but it has come rather far. I think some of the patches have been a bit rushed, and some of the coding comes off as a bit confusing to me personally, but still a rather solid game all things considered.

This. DayZ is a great game even in its current form. It's the utter uselessness of BattlEye that's disheartening.

I've got almost 1,500 hours in it for a reason.

I don't hate the game. In fact, it's the only game I'll watch on Twitch when I'm not playing because it's so amusing and unpredictable... like a good action adventure movie. The game itself is great because it's changing every week. I've got I think nearly 900 hours in now and I can say I've gotten more than my money's worth. I'm not bored yet.

• Like 1

cunts

Most mod players expected the game to be a lot farther along than it was. 

They heard the phrases "Existing engine", "Existing map", and figured it would be a fairly easy and quick thing to accomplish. Most of them/us didn't know much about the development process. Most likely DayZ Standalone was their first experience with the early access process, an experience that maybe they weren't prepared for (due to the reasons stated above). If you dive headlong into the process with the expectation that they where just going to just fancy up the graphics and move some functions server side then its easy to deduce where a lot of the hate comes from.

Who's fault is that? Maybe a little bit of everybodies

Edited by B@ker
  • Like 3

Well there is the fact that some things are buggy. Sometimes the game crashes....But really that all can be excused to an extent seeing this is alpha. This is known though. Really I dont see that many issues other then some of the mechanics are a bit crude.

I have learned over time playing in TS, that sometimes in game deaths or other mis fortunes can cause players to have be come ubnormal ubset that you really dont see in other games. It can cause pretty over the top reactions and blame. Its a game that is really hard on players, and is too much to bare for some new players...When you die, 9 chances out of 10 you lose all your shit....This causes some newer players who are not used to prema death allot of greif.

I mean we all heard it, "Fucking hackers got me again! I quit". But they have zero prof. When you question them, the only reason why they say it was a hacker is becuase they didn't see them...9 chances out of 10 they are in some death trap city on a 50 pop. Or "I fell off a cliff.....Fuck this game!"..I heard it all and I call bull shit on allot of it. Just go into expecting to be hard, and dont take it out on the game. Also much of the glitchyness we see in game has to do with server ping more then anything. Its not really the game its the server your on....you gotta log off and find another server if there is glitches. 

I get kind of tired of hearing about it. If theres so many hackers, why have I not died? I have been alive since nov 12....yes I wrote it down. Been on all kinds of servers, why has nobody come magiclly up to me and shot me dead? I have not fallen off a cliff or fell of any objects...Anyone who has tried to kill me got a 1st class trip back to the coast. You got no fucking excuse other then ya need to read up and learn how to survive, and be mindful of servers you log into...If its a glitchy server log out when see it...dont just keep playing on it....watch fucking frankie videos and the likes for a few days, be humble and admit it. Dont get all mad.   

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 3

I get kind of tired of hearing about it. If theres so many hackers, why have I not died? I have been alive since nov 12....yes I wrote it down. Been on all kinds of servers, why has nobody come magiclly up to me and shot me dead? I have not fallen off a cliff or fell of any objects...Anyone who has tried to kill me got a 1st class trip back to the coast. You got no fucking excuse other then ya need to read up and learn how to survive, and be mindful of servers you log into...If its a glitchy server log out when see it...dont just keep playing on it....watch fucking frankie videos and the likes for a few days, be humble and admit it. Dont get all mad.    

Up until yesterday I had never seen a hacker before either.  I had died multiple times with no warning but I had never seen an actual hacker.  Yesterday I encountered one that was no doubt hacking and I recorded it.  He was impossibly fast, could go invisible and I assume had aim bot from the way he killed me.  He trolled me for a while crawling behind me just in sight range then disappearing before he finally killed me.  So there are hackers out there and losing everything to one is frustrating.  I know the people I play with it is the number one complaint.  If play for a week and never meet one that is fine but just one death where you never stood a chance ruins the gameplay.

Some people see this game through rose colored glasses, some see it through crap colored glasses. Very few have one of each lense.

I tend to at least partially agree with most of the rants I've seen but I choose not to add to them.

Most mod players expected the game to be a lot farther along than it was. 

They heard the phrases "Existing engine", "Existing map", and figured it would be a fairly easy and quick thing to accomplish. Most of them/us didn't know much about the development process. Most likely DayZ Standalone was their first experience with the early access process, an experience that maybe they weren't prepared for (due to the reasons stated above). If you dive headlong into the process with the expectation that they where just going to just fancy up the graphics and move some functions server side then its easy to deduce where a lot of the hate comes from.

Who's fault is that? Maybe a little bit of everybodies

I think some people wanted and or expected a polished mod. The devs are trying to widen their horizons (hey that rhymes!), but some people may have just wanted something more simple. I can understand that. I wanted them to improve on the basic problems of the mod that could never be fixed within the mod itself, and one of the big ones had almost completely been reworked (the old "axe is a gun" thing).

Also, I don't know the mods policy towards the use of cunt. To some its offensive to others its not, I made it teeny tiny to lessen the blow.

I mean we all heard it, "Fucking hackers got me again! I quit". But they have zero prof. When you question them, the only reason why they say it was a hacker is because they didn't see them...9 chances out of 10 they are in some death 

Being a seasoned mod player and having operated several Dayz Mod servers of many flavors, I can tell you this, 99% of all hacker claims are false and made by noobish players that get killed and feel like it wasn't fair. "there is no way he could have seen me!!!", "I was running in a serpentine pattern!!!!! how did he hit me!!!! HAX!!!!!". Or they other times they generally feel that they are too good to be killed (whether this is true or not).

In the words of Sonny Barger "Everybody is a tough guy until you meet one"

So having over 2000hrs in the mod I can tell you this, i have yet to see a hacker in the SA. Period. I'm sure they exist but I've yet to see one.

Edited by B@ker
  • Like 1

Up until yesterday I had never seen a hacker before either.  I had died multiple times with no warning but I had never seen an actual hacker.  Yesterday I encountered one that was no doubt hacking and I recorded it.  He was impossibly fast, could go invisible and I assume had aim bot from the way he killed me.  He trolled me for a while crawling behind me just in sight range then disappearing before he finally killed me.  So there are hackers out there and losing everything to one is frustrating.  I know the people I play with it is the number one complaint.  If play for a week and never meet one that is fine but just one death where you never stood a chance ruins the gameplay.

You did that right thing then and handled it right, you filmed it. Get there name and report them. There out there, theres not as many as people think though. I have seen 2 since I have been playing. I saw a map glitcher and I mean my god he covered about 400 meters in about 3 seconds. Glitched in front of me then behind shot me dead. Real easy to tell on that one...I remember even my game started slowing down when he got near me. But Its pretty rare for me to see one. Almost like a ufo sighting. 

• Like 1

Also, I don't know the mods policy towards the use of cunt. To some its offensive to others its not, I made it teeny tiny to lessen the blow.

Why not just type coont? 

Being a seasoned mod player and having operated several Dayz Mod servers of many flavors, I can tell you this, 99% of all hacker claims are false and made by noobish players that get killed and feel like it wasn't fair. "there is no way he could have seen me!!!", "I was running in a serpentine pattern!!!!! how did he hit me!!!! HAX!!!!!". Or they other times they generally feel that they are too good to be killed (whether this is true or not).

In the words of Sonny Barger "Everybody is a tough guy until you meet one"

So having over 2000hrs in the mod I can tell you this, i have yet to see a hacker in the SA. Period. I'm sure they exist but I've yet to see one.

Yep totally agreed. Its kind rare to see one in the SA. Its used as an excuse far too often. It really is. I am sure there are cases were it is true, but they need to film it and report it.  Otherwise its just a claim.

• Like 1

I mean we all heard it, "Fucking hackers got me again! I quit". But they have zero prof. When you question them, the only reason why they say it was a hacker is becuase they didn't see them...9 chances out of 10 they are in some death trap city on a 50 pop. Or "I fell off a cliff.....Fuck this game!"..I heard it all and I call bull shit on allot of it.

I get kind of tired of hearing about it. If theres so many hackers, why have I not died? I have been alive since nov 12....

This is ********. When i see a guy flying over to me, undressing me from a distance, stealing my weapons, speedhack around me, nuking the whole server or just flying around in the air shooting people. There IS NO CHANCE that is not hacking/cheating. I have even have people just hovering above me, knocking me out, tell me they hack, then just take the stuff they need and fly of into the distance. Out of 700+ hours in this game i know for a fact when there is foul play. I have pretty much seen it all by now.

There isn't even a question.

Hell, i don't record myself or have any intention of doing so because i really don't care about that stuff. I just want to play. But just do a quick check on last few days dayz SA videoes and you can see many people getting screwed over. I can even make a nice compilation for you from it because it's so many people recording. But then again, this post is probably going to disappear because we aren't really supposed to talk about it or something.

Edited by aasand
  • Like 1

Dec 16. 2013. If you want to know the exacte date.

What happened on that date?

Why not just type coont? 

i'll fookin punt ye in th coont ye cheeky m8

*Cue Inception. in his magic Skoda breaking my legs and then giving me a warning point*

• Like 1

694.png

I never really understood that...like...what his job really was.

I mean he doesn't bug fix...and if he just walks around all day looking over peoples' shoulders he isn't coding...

I'm not saying he doesn't do anything, but seriously like what was his role?

I work in the tech industry (computer/IT tech...everyone says "tech" as if computers are the only form of technology...but I digress).  I would describe Rocket's role as what is often interchangeably called a project/program/product manager or producer (depending on the context of the project).  Similar to my job actually.  The short answer is it's a lot of walking around looking over the shoulders of people coding.  The longer answer is that it is providing overall vision and direction to developing the game, making sure the development team is adequately staffed with the right resources, managing timelines and budget.

In my professional opinion, Rocket leaving in the middle of development is a bit odd.  The game is his brainchild.  He developed the Mod.  He's been travelling the gaming circuit talking up his vision for DayZ.  Then a few months after the alpha release, he's off to go do his own thing somewhere else.  It's like Will Wright taking off before completing The Sims.  With any unconventional game, it needs a strong visionary to take it through to completion.  Otherwise what will happen is that it will become "consumerized" and designed by corporate committees and focus groups until it's some watered down piece of crap that has mass appeal to 13 year olds.

• Like 3

I work in the tech industry (computer/IT tech...everyone says "tech" as if computers are the only form of technology...but I digress).  I would describe Rocket's role as what is often interchangeably called a project/program/product manager or producer (depending on the context of the project).  Similar to my job actually.  The short answer is it's a lot of walking around looking over the shoulders of people coding.  The longer answer is that it is providing overall vision and direction to developing the game, making sure the development team is adequately staffed with the right resources, managing timelines and budget.

In my professional opinion, Rocket leaving in the middle of development is a bit odd.  The game is his brainchild.  He developed the Mod.  He's been travelling the gaming circuit talking up his vision for DayZ.  Then a few months after the alpha release, he's off to go do his own thing somewhere else.  It's like Will Wright taking off before completing The Sims.  With any unconventional game, it needs a strong visionary to take it through to completion.  Otherwise what will happen is that it will become "consumerized" and designed by corporate committees and focus groups until it's some watered down piece of crap that has mass appeal to 13 year olds.

Maybe that's why he quit, but then again i don't really know anything about Dean or whatever is going on there

I asked the question of another tonight, and i was told, "it was all planned he would leave after 1 year contract basis".

But this is third hand knowledge and I am not aware of anything regarding this. I think anyone leaving prior to completing a visionary project like Dayz would be hard on anyone.

But Bohemia are visionaries. They've stuck with the original vision of Flashpoint to this day, in spite of most companies selling out to the mass market.

• Like 3

This is ********. When i see a guy flying over to me, undressing me from a distance, stealing my weapons, speedhack around me, nuking the whole server or just flying around in the air shooting people. There IS NO CHANCE that is not hacking/cheating. I have even have people just hovering above me, knocking me out, tell me they hack, then just take the stuff they need and fly of into the distance. Out of 700+ hours in this game i know for a fact when there is foul play. I have pretty much seen it all by now.

There isn't even a question.

Hell, i don't record myself or have any intention of doing so because i really don't care about that stuff. I just want to play. But just do a quick check on last few days dayz SA videoes and you can see many people getting screwed over. I can even make a nice compilation for you from it because it's so many people recording. But then again, this post is probably going to disappear because we aren't really supposed to talk about it or something.

Well I'll tell you the same thing, film it. In my time playing I have seen it 2 times that I know for a fact. I have been playing since feb 2014 on the SA. In .51 they added anti hack to the SA battle eye were they scan your system for known hacks...like esp and the like. I have HEARD there are new ones, and folks are dropping dead left and right do to them, while on a high pop in electro....or what ever other death trap. But I for sure have not seen any recently, just in the past week I was on several high pops. So I tell you next time you have prof film it. Show it to the staff and log what time it was and what server you were on and send it to one of the staff. Log it and present it to the staff..its prob more helpful then posting it here. I would rather you show it to them, there the ones who can do something. So film it log the time and server.

Edited by CJFlint

But Bohemia are visionaries. They've stuck with the original vision of Flashpoint to this day, in spite of most companies selling out to the mass market.

Did ya play ofp? back in the day? That was such a game I remember on dif thread we talked about that. 14 years ago!

LOL heres another one....at the time this was the top mil sim out

Were dayz spawned from years later

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

Here i am asking myself why... Why is the review process open if, as i undertand for what i've read, it is for finished products?

Which it isn't.

Edited by BrainlessZombie