Sign in to follow this  
rickyriot

Blindness for using optics directly at the sun.

How temporary this should be is up for debate, but as we can now use scopes without the weapon and that there are binoculars in the game, isn't it about time players are blinded when pointing optics directly at the sun?

NNmM2hD.jpg

How bout real live blinding? Like you get a blue/green dot at the spot the sun was (proable the middle) on your screen for x amount of time.

• Like 3

How bout real live blinding? Like you get a blue/green dot at the spot the sun was (proable the middle) on your screen for x amount of time.

I think that you should suffer some sort of effect. After all if you look at a fire when it's dark your vision is affected, yet you can take binoculars and look directly at the sun and nothing at all. It's almost as if our parents lied to us! ;)

On a side note, I would also like to see sunglasses implemented so that in 1PP you can reduce sun glare. Also if you enter a dark building you need to take them off to see.

• Like 2

This is a lot of work to go through for looking at the sun. I don't really know how many people just stare at the sun randomly in DayZ, but I don't remember doing it. 

The sunglasses thing makes sense, though, and it should be implemented eventually. 

This is a lot of work to go through for looking at the sun.

I wouldn't want to see any considerable time spent on this, but the mechanics are already in place, as I mentioned, when you directly look at a fireplace when it's dark. It's not as pronounced as blindness of course, but it's definitely noticeable.

I think that you should suffer some sort of effect. After all if you look at a fire when it's dark your vision is affected, yet you can take binoculars and look directly at the sun and nothing at all. It's almost as if our parents lied to us! ;)

On a side note, I would also like to see sunglasses implemented so that in 1PP you can reduce sun glare. Also if you enter a dark building you need to take them off to see.

So much this^^

If im wearing anything over my eyes like a gas mask or sunglasses...maybe even the peaks of caps aswell, anything like that...it should all show up in 1pp :)