Sign in to follow this  
MahHauseIsOnFire

My DayZ is somewhat broken.

Please, someone help me with this.

I cant run the DayZ mod!

I installed and started both ArmA II and Arma II: OA first, they worked perfectly, I installed DayZ from Steam and the game ran fine, I entered a random server to see if it worked, and the server said I had files that were not accepted by the server, I found in a forum that the way to fix this error was by deleting OA's common folder, ArmA II's Addons folder, and then verifying the Cache's integritys in Steam, I did that, and then, not only both game's dont run now, but DayZ did run, Now it had a Singleplayer for some reason, I went to a 100% Vanilla server, and it said I lacked the proper files to run it, so I went, I deleted DayZ's Addons folder, Verified the game's integrity Cache, and now the game does not work, and "Crashes" on start up, becouse of I dont have a file, named Chernarus.pbo or something like that, I think its the map itself.

So know all 3 games are fucked, and I dont want to wait another 2 days for them to re-install, so, does somebody know how to fix this mess?

Please, If helped me, I would be very grateful...

download the mod from steam again, right click it and choose properties then betas and choose 1.8.3

Should atleast get you on some vanilla servers running 1.8.3

first he needs to repair his game files

run steam as admin ( right click and select run as administrator)

validate each of your games and start them up to the main menus   

edited title.