Sign in to follow this  
therandomredstone

For Better Aim

So the other day I witnessed a player get murdered, I saw the killer run up to the body and was starting to loot it, I had been running so my player was out of breath. I was in a 'backyard' of a small little house, when I was aiming and waiting till I catched my breath I wished I could prop my gun up on the wooden fence, which would give me a more steady shot, I think if you are in a house, in a backyard, on a deer-stand, the roof of a building, etc. You should be able to prop or 'lay' your gun on a fence or some sort of slab for a more steady aim.

10ho8dx.jpg

Weapon resting has been suggested a  few  times. I like the idea, was a nice feature in ACE. I think it would be cool if when there is no object to rest on you can sit, then on scroll menu select "rest weapon" or something and he brings his knee up to rest it on :)

Yup, lets put a mechanic in that people can abuse.  All this would cause is the CoD mentality even more.  Run full speed, stop and prop your weapon up, voila, instant no sway.  It's a bad idea imo.

Yup, lets put a mechanic in that people can abuse.  All this would cause is the CoD mentality even more.  Run full speed, stop and prop your weapon up, voila, instant no sway.  It's a bad idea imo.

I don't see where the whole "CoD" thing comes in here. Murderers are going to be Murderers either way, and barely anyone is going to become a Murderers because they can prop a weapon. Plus, look at it from the other perspective, those people who aren't out for your head have a better chance at surviving an attack using this if it becomes a feature. Finally, just for authenticity's sake I think it'd be a good addition, after all that is what DayZ is shooting for.

I don't see where the whole "CoD" thing comes in here. Murderers are going to be Murderers either way, and barely anyone is going to become a Murderers because they can prop a weapon. Plus, look at it from the other perspective, those people who aren't out for your head have a better chance at surviving an attack using this if it becomes a feature. Finally, just for authenticity's sake I think it'd be a good addition, after all that is what DayZ is shooting for.

Then why even have exhaustion.  That's what it's there for.  To prevent this.

I beg the differ, this game is all about realism, correct? One of the side goals for this game is to have the least bit of situations where a player goes "in real life I could do this." If you were out of breath in real life and you were tying to shoot something and you were RIGHT by a fence, obviously you would prop your weapon up against it, your excuse for "CoD Mentality" isn't very logical. You could easily use this feature to hunt animal, to defend yourself against bandits, to protect your friend who was getting attacked, and you ran across an entire field to get to him! You think that the only people that would use this, are the bad people that sit and camp fresh spawns, and that is not true. And did I say "instant no sway"? no I did not, I said "it would steady the aim drastically. Not make your gun perfectly still, and besides, this is DayZ, its a PvP world. I think everyone will disagree with your statement.

You have an issue with how people actually use rifles?

Goddamn man, I really cannot see how you can oppose weapon resting.

Stop misusing the COD pejorative. God forbid we can use firearms like we can in real life.

Stop misusing the COD pejorative. God forbid we can use firearms like we can in real life.

Ya, people go running for miles then drop to the ground quickly and prop their gun up and start shooting.  Get real man.  The mechanic is good in theory but way to open to abuse of the exhaustion system.

Who ever said that it would completely stop rifle sway? I'm not sure if you've ever actually gazed upon a rifle in real life let alone held or fired one, but propping the barrel won't stop the rifle from swaying. It will significantly reduce sway, but it wouldn't get rid of it entirely, and it would definitely require a bit of set up time (due to the game's engine) as well as would make you decently vulnerable as there's a span of time where you can't fire on set up and on take down.

• Like 2

Ya, people go running for miles then drop to the ground quickly and prop their gun up and start shooting.  Get real man.  The mechanic is good in theory but way to open to abuse of the exhaustion system.

You're from Edmonton, I'd take you shooting for fun (and free) but you tried to shame me for owning rifles.

It doesn't matter if it would make gameplay easier for shooting after running distances.

Propping your weapon against or on something to steady your aim is a real and smart thing you can do.

Let's start taking out anything in the game that we can do out of the game because it makes it too easy to do whatever while playing.

• Like 2

If anything weapon resting a bipod deployment allows for other mechanics in game like sway and fatigue to be more harsh.

LMAO haven't you seen Rambo before? take 2 steps fire unlimited ammo hehe