darin113

No Matches

Has anyone found matches since the update on the 18th?

I've been searchin since Friday and have found none.

I've found less, and the ones that I have found have been smaller in number (boxes of 12 or 20, rather than 40 or 60), but they are definitely still around.

• Like 1

I have found at least 2 boxes. Qty of 27 and qty of 51.

• Like 1

yo op

meet me in elektro..i has matches,,

mucho

enough to light you up..

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Its just the game messing with you. It does that.

Ive found tons of matches. Yesterday I needed a weapon cleaning kit, I find them by the 100's daily.. literally. I searched an entire town, and again after a reset, and found NOTHING.

I had to find a truck, and take that all the way to the NWAF to meet a clan member who had found one there.. 

The game.. its got a mind of its own maaaann.  :o

Bend over.

Since you can cut a stone in half (2 Small Stones) Would be nice if you can use those also to start a fire, you don't necessary need to search for matches then :)

I was freezing and ran through 4 towns searching everywhere for matches. Found a raincoat quite quickly so put that on as it warms you up, well that worked. Got back to a normal temperature, the second I wasn't cold I found a house with 3 boxes in it... 

Same game logic as needing rags and being unable to find any clothing which can be torn up.

Matches are still around but are less common, this is because in the future they plan on adding lighters into the game. Anyways good places to look for Matches include:

Barns, 3 story city buildings, grocery stores (not the supermarkets), residential houses, and hospitals.

I was freezing and ran through 4 towns searching everywhere for matches. Found a raincoat quite quickly so put that on as it warms you up, well that worked. Got back to a normal temperature, the second I wasn't cold I found a house with 3 boxes in it... 

Same game logic as needing rags and being unable to find any clothing which can be torn up.

I always carry a full stack of rags around with me after an incident where a fire was desperately needed.

What other game can offer you the urgency that DayZ provides when your fully geared character begins to freeze and you realize you don't have matches.  The frantic search....tearing through the abandoned homes....little regard to snipers or the infected because the drum beat of the elements will not slow down for either....priceless.

• Like 1

I like to grab all the matches I can and try to light up some fires under the rain to spent them all