liamnc

Mil tents crashing servers?

I have been testing military tent persistence on different HC stable servers lately in hopes of finding a safe place to store some gear. In the past five days I have set up five military tents on different official servers. The first four servers crashed within 24 hours of my tent being placed (after being online and stable for months). The fifth went off line this morning only minutes after placing my tent, then returned under a different name and configuration about an hour ago (changed to 1st/3rd person from HC).

These where all official HC servers that had been on my favorites list for several months. They where always online, always had a great ping and never changed. Yet the second I set up a mil tent on them they evaporate like a fart in the wind.

Not sure whats going on here but im starting to think im cursed or something.

Are they doing the same with regular tents?

Not sure, ive only been using military tents as they seem easier to find. 

Not sure, ive only been using military tents as they seem easier to find. 

Shouldn't it be the other way around? I dunno.

The regular tents spawn in those bigass apartments in like, Dubky and shit. Try those. I can't set up a camp yet to test, as much as I want to. Too lazy.

Plus I'd have to drop my regular bag for a military tent (I don't think I can carry it in my hands to the campsite.)

Shouldn't it be the other way around? I dunno.

The regular tents spawn in those bigass apartments in like, Dubky and shit. Try those. I can't set up a camp yet to test, as much as I want to. Too lazy.

Plus I'd have to drop my regular bag for a military tent (I don't think I can carry it in my hands to the campsite.)

Yeah you would think,  but I never go near those apartment buildings. I mostly spend my time hunting players in the west and hoarding gear so its much easier for me to swing by NWAF or the Balota tents to pick up a mil tent than it is to venture east to find a little blue one.

It does take a little time and planning, when I find a tent I stash my pack in the bushes somewhere, take the tent to where I want it, set it up then return for my gear. Its a bit of a chore but Its fun. As long as the server doesn't crash after setting up a tent that is..

I dropped a military tent on a persistent server, came back four hours later and it was gone.

Yeah its a gamble, which is why im testing different servers with tents.

Most successful test was on a DayZ WA server. I had two mil tents and two blue tents set up far west beyond the edge of the map. Lasted six days before the server crashed, so at least there is hope.

Yeah its a gamble, which is why im testing different servers with tents.

Most successful test was on a DayZ WA server. I had two mil tents and two blue tents set up far west beyond the edge of the map. Lasted six days before the server crashed, so at least there is hope.

Dayz dedicated hardcore WA server? Not sure they got deleted by a crash...

Yeah I dont know. All I know is the server vanished from the server list when I tried to remote connect through its IP, like all the others did.

hmmmmm,,,,

Yeah I dont know. All I know is the server vanished from the server list when I tried to remote connect through its IP, like all the others did.

I feel you missed what I feel he was trying to say and that is he or his buddies found your tents.

Thats possible, yet I always connect to my tent servers using the IP address through remote connect. Why would the server no longer appear when connecting this way? after placing a tent the server list is empty when I enter its IP.

I honestly dont give a flying fuck about people finding my tents, it just seems strange that the server would vanish from the list right after I put a tent down.

Edited by =BOC= SERGEANT

I noticed I had a lot of lag and crash issues when playing in HC servers, Not so much a problem in 1st/3rd...little lag, but not crashing

Ok, I got a mil tent and put it down on a 1st/3rd server. Logged out and tried to log back in, kept timing out on me. I waited about 20 mins, logged back on and my tent was there, gear was in it, and then got booted...lol......Maybe they are crashing the servers?

Edit:

Waited a little bit, logged back on, tent was still there, took off away from tent and then Authentication Timeout again.  Not having this issue on other servers, Maybe its just the ones that you yourself have Mil tents on?

Edited by Gladias
  • Like 1

It's possible. Perhaps its more of an issue with HC servers. Ill keep testing different HC servers with mop tents and report what happens.

So you put your tents down on random two letter state abbreviation, no community servers, and you're surprised the servers are no longer there?

Try having some balls and not playing and hordeing on 0 pop servers.

Ive got balls for days son, just ask your mom and shell tell you how big and hairy they are.

As for tents, I put one down on several very popular servers to see if any where more reliable. Now stop bothering the grown ups and go play with your legos.

Edited by =BOC= SERGEANT

Ooh, this thread is getting GOOD!

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-gif.gif

I have been testing military tent persistence on different HC stable servers lately in hopes of finding a safe place to store some gear. In the past five days I have set up five military tents on different official servers. The first four servers crashed within 24 hours of my tent being placed (after being online and stable for months). The fifth went off line this morning only minutes after placing my tent, then returned under a different name and configuration about an hour ago (changed to 1st/3rd person from HC).

These where all official HC servers that had been on my favorites list for several months. They where always online, always had a great ping and never changed. Yet the second I set up a mil tent on them they evaporate like a fart in the wind.

Not sure whats going on here but im starting to think im cursed or something.

I had the exact same experience in .49 I believe it was.  I would set up shop in multiple servers, and each would go down shortly thereafter.

Plan on placing 3 to 4 mil tents tonight depending on how long it takes to find them. Ill put one on two popular community servers, one on a less popular one and one on a private hive server ive been fooling around in. Ill put some basic gear in each along with containers, vests and clothing all separate and some stored within itself. Ill write an in game note and post a screen shot of it with each tent that includes the server IP, date and time the tent was placed.

Then we just wait and see how long they last. Im pretty sure nobody will find them (unless they use some hack I suppose) as I usually set up my tents way past the edge of the map, usually within 100 yards of the dead drop zone. The rolling landscape makes it almost impossible to spot a mil tent unless you take a path directly too it. On the last one, I found a fully geared player who died less than fifty yards from my sanctuary. Im guessing he had a hack that shows him where loot is or something, but without knowing the exact rout he starved to death before he found it. Sucks to be him, I had a blue tent beside my mil tent packed full of food, and another blue tent full of nothing but water.

Anyhow, ill be monitoring these tents closely to see if I loose one to a reset or if a server crashes. Hopefully this will provide some useful data we can use to increase our chances of placing and keeping our tents.

On a side note, I do have a life. This is just what happens when I get injured at work and have to sit at home for a year so all you haters can go f**k your mothers and jump off a bridge. Everyone else feel free to share your thoughts and stand bye for the results, might learn something useful.    Or all my tents will evaporate like a fart in the wind five minutes after I place the last tent. But whatever, It wouldn't be the first time I watched a full nights worth of work swirl down the toilet.

Edited by =BOC= SERGEANT

Well I just wrapped up a 26 hour DayZ marathon finding and placing tents. I found and placed 8 military tents across a variety of servers before I took a break to go murder some players. 6 Kills later I visited all 8 tents and only one was there.

Two of the servers reset off schedule within 20 min of my tent being placed, and when they came back online the configuration was all fucked up. Before I placed the tent these servers where H 1st person, now they are 1st & 3rd, but still load up in 1st only.

One other server crashed two hours after setting my tent and is yet to come back online. Five tents evaporated, probably found by another player, so im left with one. Ill post a detailed event log after I get some goddamn sleep and do Christmas with the family.

Merry Christmas people.

-SERGEANT

So, I'm probably not gonna put out any mil camps anytime soon, based on this thread's experience.

IDK, but I tried a regular tent and the game crashed

The current prevalent server crash is a known issue guys, and one the programming team is working on. Persistence is not yet 100% fully functional (we want it to be permanent, right now we reset it weekly). 

• Like 1

The current prevalent server crash is a known issue guys, and one the programming team is working on. Persistence is not yet 100% fully functional (we want it to be permanent, right now we reset it weekly). 

Is there any cure for this besides disabling persistence? The DayZRP server is constantly crashing and there is no loot anywhere.

Edit: I just realized you are probably not tech. support. Ignore my question. :D

Edited by scriptfactory