therandomredstone

Dayz Service Down / DDoS Attack

On these forums it says "Please be advised: We are taking the service down. The central architecture is under DDOS attack, please be patient, we are trying to resolve it as fast as possible." is this for the forums or the actuall dayz game? is dayz safe to play right now??

is this for the forums

Do I really have to point out the obvious here?

• Like 6

I'm posting this on the forums to ask if the forums are down.

• Like 15

Do I really have to point out the obvious here?

I'm a  better safe than sorry person. Please do point out the obvious.

I'm a  better safe than sorry person. Please do point out the obvious.

This:

Expect the problems with the game to be resolved soon.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 3

Hello there

Its not the forums that are under attack at the moment.

Service *may* be disrupted here, we just dont know.

But if everything is working then all is well forumwise.

For the moment just be aware that your gaming *may* be hindered/disruppted somewhat.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Hello there

Its not the forums that are under attack at the moment.

Service *may* be disrupted here, we just dont know.

But if everything is working then all is well forumwise.

For the moment just be aware that your gaming *may* be hindered/disruppted somewhat.

Rgds

LoK

I'm sometimes a extremely dumb person. So if I play dayz right now, there is a chance that something will happen? like character swipes/high ping/lagging?

I'm sometimes a extremely dumb person. So if I play dayz right now, there is a chance that something will happen? like character swipes/high ping/lagging?

Hello there

At the moment you may not be able to join or will have your service interrupted, lag, server crashing etc.Character wipe is unlikely AFAIK, but nothing is guaranteed.

I also cant brain sometimes. Worry not.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

I'd assume if the game servers are up, they won't be connected to the central server (since it's down), so you will start fresh and your character won't save and if you are playing when the central server comes back online any previous character may be overwritten.

• Like 1

I know there's probably not a ton of information on this yet (I checked twitter and a few other places) but has this ever happened before with DayZ SA or any of Bohemia's other games?

The next question is wondering who ticked off North Korea by pretending someone they killed and ate was Kim Jong Un...  :lol:

• Like 1

I'd assume if the game servers are up, they won't be connected to the central server (since it's down), so you will start fresh and your character won't save and if you are playing when the central server comes back online any previous character may be overwritten.

Makes sense. This is what I needed to know; if DayZ was safe to play right now. I'm not going to play it for awhile or at least till they are connected to the central hive.

I also cant brain sometimes. Worry not.

That's beyond hilarious, can I borrow that line? I'm going to use it the next time why wife asks me why I'm an idiot.  :lol:

• Like 2

who ticked off North Korea by pretending someone they killed and ate was Kim Jong Un...  :lol:

I like tin-pot dictators as much as the next man, but I couldn't eat a whole one.

(especially not that flabby bastard)

• Like 3

<-- it was me, sorry i am guilty...but he looks sooo good and his name was kim long un...

very sorry for that, wasn´t tasty at all :(

• Like 2

Maybe this thread might shed some light for you?

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/161740-dayz-standalone-ddos-attacks/

I think it has happened before but hopefully it should be back to normal in the next hour or two.... Tho that is a bit of a guess.

DDOS attacks have happened to our service provider where I work. One of the occasions it was back up to normal speed after a few hours, another occasion it took days.. 

• Like 1

Man, I laughed so hard...

Depends on how much the client is paying for the attack. A larger network of computers launching the attack can "shuffle" the attacking forces and stall how long it will take to resume service. Likely, this is a small attack and things will be back to normal shortly. Of course, I just did a google search and am completely talking out of my ass so, there's that too.

I know there's probably not a ton of information on this yet (I checked twitter and a few other places) but has this ever happened before with DayZ SA or any of Bohemia's other games?

The next question is wondering who ticked off North Korea by pretending someone they killed and ate was Kim Jong Un...  :lol:

Most of the attacks I see are coming from eastern China, not the Korean peninsula. Interesting.

Nice that the hackers timed the DDoS attack for the same day BIS released a buggy patch.

A "buggy patch"? Isn't that every single update for whiners like you?

• Like 5