Sign in to follow this  
street707

DAWN OF DAYZ (The Movie)

Thanks to those of you that watched this. Hopefully you all enjoyed it.

would any of you be interested in another one of these?

no no no watched 10mins got bored out

Your just normally playing and looting with shitty commentary and dramatic chipmunk music and call it a "MOVIE"??

Serious #NO

its just way to long, I realize it took alot of work. I realize you show what Dayz is actualy like,but unless you put more drama into it its not good enough for 2 hrs, let alone 30 mins

no no no watched 10mins got bored out

Your just normally playing and looting with shitty commentary and dramatic chipmunk music and call it a "MOVIE"??

Serious #NO

LOL.......to each there own. You make youtube videos?

its just way to long, I realize it took alot of work. I realize you show what Dayz is actualy like,but unless you put more drama into it its not good enough for 2 hrs, let alone 30 mins

It might not be an action blockbuster but I can safely say you didn't watch more then 2 minutes of it because there is a ton of great action in this video. Thanks anyway.

never seen police cars, and never seen an M4 at a police station, or vest before.

must be prior to 51-52 patches

It might not be an action blockbuster but I can safely say you didn't watch more then 2 minutes of it because there is a ton of great action in this video. Thanks anyway.

I watched about 6-8 mins, I realy dont have time to watch 2 hrs of a vid like this, I've watched alot of your vids. Some I liked some I didnt. But a 2 hr vid has to grip you at the beginning to make you watch more. Just  my opinion, wheather it is worth any thing or not is up to you, opinions are like assholes you know, everyones got one

My uneducated 2 cents: I think in its entirety it maybe a little long I have watched 1 hr long clips and loved them, if it was cut down split into series not as short as your battle squads a little longer you might get a longer more stable viewership and it'll be excellent to follow it through as a series. It doesn't have to be extremely entertaining with major plot points or climaxes the whole time. Heck those RadBrad clips a lot of them nothing happened but he wandered around for hrs.

Just read it was a series to begin with.

I really Liked your editing being so on cue with your sound effects and visuals  :)

Few questions:

what software do you use?

what was the bit-rate on that sukka?

what was the final file size!?!

Edit: ater getting 1/2 way i'm going to Downloading this in full res to watch on tv :D

Edited by psiren

My uneducated 2 cents: I think in its entirety it maybe a little long I have watched 1 hr long clips and loved them, if it was cut down split into series not as short as your battle squads a little longer you might get a longer more stable viewership and it'll be excellent to follow it through as a series. It doesn't have to be extremely entertaining with major plot points or climaxes the whole time. Heck those RadBrad clips a lot of them nothing happened but he wandered around for hrs.

Just read it was a series to begin with.

I really Liked your editing being so on cue with your sound effects and visuals  :)

Few questions:

what software do you use?

what was the bit-rate on that sukka?

what was the final file size!?!

Edit: ater getting 1/2 way i'm going to Downloading this in full res to watch on tv :D

Yes this was a series to begin with.

My son also loves to watch this series

so I put them on a dvd for him. The "Reborn" series was about 3 1/2 hours long and I got it down to 2 hours to put on a dvd for him and a few others to watch. I feel this series is extremely atmospheric and very unique. Not all will like it and I know that but you have to do what you enjoy and make the videos that you like first. Many talk crap to me about making these types of lets plays but you know there is a entire community of viewers that want this type of stuff and I'm here to give it to them. Same reason why I also make Bandit, KOS and demented videos. I don't follow the hero playstyle like most. Everyone does that. Hell I even have a community of big name dayz youtuber  that talk ish about me while they live stream because I don't. The best part is that they all play KOS anyway and then edit a backstory to make them look good. I own it when I play that way

I've caught many of these guys numerous times talking down on me because I play different playstyles then them and it actually makes me feel good that they do. I like knowing that whatever it is I'm doing it bugging them enough to talk crap. Takes a lot of energy to talk ish about people you don't know because they do things different. Then I have guys like Rhinocrunch coming by my channel from time to time and encouraging me to keep at it because he enjoys my videos. Youtube is a funny place. If you're popular and make a crappy video people love it. If your a small name and make a good video people don't care because your not popular. All part of the struggle I guess. It's all in the eyes of the beholder I guess is all I'm saying. Most viewers that talk ish about videos like this don't make videos themselves so I have to just laugh at it because at least I have the balls to put myself out there and try. Okay now I'm rambling and ranting after reading the others comments. LOL

btw..... I use sony vegas pro 11 to edit and I'm not sure about bitrate. It was a stand render template and I believe the final size was about 30gbs or so after I was done. The original series was about 1tb when in raw form.

Edited by JiggaGeazY

Feature film from 50 hrs of gameplay ...shit man thats some dedication well done...

what recording software do you use and is it free ?

How did you handle all the movie files being large ? If they were large ? Did you render them in small pieces under a codec that keeps the file sizes small so the end product wasnt to large to upload to youtube? 

UPDATE

LOL at 26 mins where someone is sniping you when you are inside the log house and you are standing in clear view in the open door way waiting to be shot ! :D

NICE VID

Edited by liquidcactus

Feature film from 50 hrs of gameplay ...shit man thats some dedication well done...

what recording software do you use and is it free ?

How did you handle all the movie files being large ? If they were large ? Did you render them in small pieces under a codec that keeps the file sizes small so the end product wasnt to large to upload to youtube? 

uh i accidentley quoted my self *AWKWARD*

Edited by liquidcactus

uh i accidentley quoted my self *AWKWARD*

LOL...... I use "Action" to record. Great piece of software. It's not free but nonetheless awesome. I think it's like $30. Having all those video files was a challenge for sure. I filled up a 1tb drive and then worked the footage slowly. I was hooked up with a serial for Sony Vegas from a client that I did some voice acting for. This series movie was the first video I used it for and I've been teaching myself how to use it ever since. It's expensive but worth it. I used a AMD APP codec through "Action" to re-render chunks and then re-edited them to fit nicely. This brought files sizes down for the movie. It lost some quality but not too bad. The final movie size was about 17gb I think. I let it upload over night and then it took 20 hours to process once on youtube. LOL

Thank you so much for watching and thank you so much for the support and kind words. Means a lot. I get a lot of hate around my channel because I like doing things differently and when someone enjoys what I do it makes it so worth it. <3

• Like 1

17GB wow.. I thought you must have been dealing with some serious file sizes.. I have been using After Effects for almost 4 years and I still have so much trouble getting file sizes smaller !                      I'm actually making a short film at the moment and using a plug in that converts real footage to cartoon and the files sizes are gigantic its rather emotional.. that's why I asked about your file sizes..I really need to work this shit out as I'm studying visual effects for film and file sizes reeeally matter.. think I will go post on adobe forums about this :D 

Anyway nice vids and I love the narration haha nice

• Like 1

17GB wow.. I thought you must have been dealing with some serious file sizes.. I have been using After Effects for almost 4 years and I still have so much trouble getting file sizes smaller !                      I'm actually making a short film at the moment and using a plug in that converts real footage to cartoon and the files sizes are gigantic its rather emotional.. that's why I asked about your file sizes..I really need to work this shit out as I'm studying visual effects for film and file sizes reeeally matter.. think I will go post on adobe forums about this :D

Anyway nice vids and I love the narration haha nice

Thanks man. That means a lot.