krackman

Urban Legends/spooky scarry skeleton stories.

Yea, so I remember there was a old thread for urban legends in, mostly, the DayZ mod, really loved that one, but it seems kinda dead now, so I thought let's try with a new one. 

Any spooky or weird things happened to you in DayZ? 
I've got 1, but not really so great.

Me and a buddy was looting the lonely barrack to the north on the NW airfield on a night server.
Checking the third room when suddenly we heard someone crying, I told my friend to cut that shit off, but he then told me to do the same. 
The sound was really close, like the person should've been in the barrack with us, but he wasn't, so we just ran like hell to the prison building where our truck was.
We chilled out and got our shit together for 20-30 seconds then we drove over to check the bushes around the walls, but we didn't find anyone.. 
So we just left the airfield for good. 
So look out, it seems like the NW airfield is haunted. 
(Probably a player, but it was spooky as hell, nice experince.) 

So, do you guys have any supernatural or spooky stories? Extra beans for Green Mountain stories. 

One day I was playing with a friend (at night time), in the second week the game went live on Steam. We got some gear down in Elektrozavodsk and then decided to go up north. We came across Green Mountain (we've had bad expiriences from the mod) and decided to check if there was any loot around. There were a couple of zombies (5 or 6) standing still around the place, no movement whatsoever. We took them down one by one until they were all dead.

Not even 5 seconds later they all stand back up, and not just that...they all got a double. And if it wasn't enough they all sprint at "speed-hack" speed to my friend and kill him in what it seem and insta-death. I was freaked out and ran the fastest I could, but they eventually got me as well. They were just so fast.

I never go around Green Mountain ever again. I was hoping that the curse no longer existed in the game, but I was wrong. It will always be upon Chernarus

PS: My theory is that there is a secret lab underneath it. That's where the virus came from

• Like 1

I have another one...

Yesterday I was looting around Chernogorsk on a full server, it was night time as well and the city was empty...So I was able to run freely trought the streets searching every building getting lots of loots...When suddenly while running out in the open I hear a crying...yes, a CRYING, a man crying really close to me, I panicked, thought someone was there and asked, but I got no response and I didn't see anybody. I kept moving keeping an eye out and every 5 or so seconds I started to hear it again. It was really scary and I thought it was some kind of hack or something to mess up with me, never found who was stalking me, but I sure as hell won't forget that broken crying sound.

PS: Today I found out is actually a bug when someones get Kuru disease, sometimes the server attach the sound to other player, even if you're not the one that ate human meat

Edited by CJ_14

That's just a rumour started by cannibals to cover up their unspeakable acts.

Player: Why are you laughing like you have kuru?

Cannibal: I didn't eat human meat, it's just a glitch.

Player: Cool. See you...argghhh

Cannibal: Yum yum

• Like 1