SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.52 "Holiday Special" Discussion

Wow holy shit .... No wonder it was taking so long for a new update to experimental !! I'm so excited to see the new colored v3s's, can we actually paint them ourselves ?? But what does Peter mean when he tweeted something saying a bunch of new items and one of them was "guts" ... does anyone know what guts are ? Is there now something left behind when you cannibalize someone ? Anyways I can't freaking wait to get home tonight , and lemme just say , wow green bell pepper seeds you fucking read my mind devs lol ... Now we need jalapeño seeds ... And I can't wait to see if cooking With the gas stove works yet , also I'm curious about the cooking tripod :) , wether the gas stove works or not that tripod looks like it could cook up a solid rabbit haunch Stew :0 !

Edit : does anyone know what the "huge map changes" were ? And if you've found them mind posting a picture ? ;)

Edited by Grapefruit kush

Central loot economy updates make me more excited than longswords.

What's wrong with me...

Adulthood :(

• Like 3

Hmm I found some flare gun flares... And at the same time I alt+tabbed I found myself dead when writing this. No idea what happened.

Alrighty, here's some observations. 

LOTS of military gear around residential areas. Magazines, weapon attachments, military balaclavas, and other goodies now spawn in houses and sheds. Even big mountain backpacks and tents. 

Police Stations are now much more enticing, too...and rightfully they should be. They can now spawn AKs, M4 magazines, suppressors, assault vests, high capacity vests, and other goodies. 

Wyya8f7.jpg

N5sjCmE.jpg

JYSx8HO.jpg

• Like 2

And new paper texture.  Doesn't show if there is any writing on it though.

Day_Z_2014_12_17_14_42_31_46.jpg

• Like 2

Alrighty, here's some observations. 

LOTS of military gear around residential areas. Magazines, weapon attachments, military balaclavas, and other goodies now spawn in houses and sheds. Even big mountain backpacks and tents. 

Police Stations are now much more enticing, too...and rightfully they should be. They can now spawn AKs, M4 magazines, suppressors, assault vests, high capacity vests, and other goodies. 

I wouldn't read too much into where loot is currently spawning, as eugen (and Smash) already stated this:

The numbers of types of loot on server are controlled centrally, and we are able to change them real time, since buildings are not tagged , loot will be all over the place. However less useless items incoming. Source

4dmJkeC.jpg

• Like 14

Was playing as a male and wasnt able to wear it :( xfw1ol.jpg

I tried it, looks very tacticool!! B) :thumbsup:

10scefa.jpg

• Like 6

Christmas patch means Christmas presents all over the place! I get it. Even cooler than releasing original patch from last year. Thanks devs. Too bad I'm away from my computer for the next 2 weeks...

• Like 1

Wow holy shit .... No wonder it was taking so long for a new update to experimental !! I'm so excited to see the new colored v3s's, can we actually paint them ourselves ?? But what does Peter mean when he tweeted something saying a bunch of new items and one of them was "guts" ... does anyone know what guts are ? Is there now something left behind when you cannibalize someone ? Anyways I can't freaking wait to get home tonight , and lemme just say , wow green bell pepper seeds you fucking read my mind devs lol ... Now we need jalapeño seeds ... And I can't wait to see if cooking With the gas stove works yet , also I'm curious about the cooking tripod :) , wether the gas stove works or not that tripod looks like it could cook up a solid rabbit haunch Stew :0 !

Edit : does anyone know what the "huge map changes" were ? And if you've found them mind posting a picture ? ;)

Guts!  Hmmm, yummy! Looks good! :P

3089nr6.jpg

• Like 3

Here's a sword in good condition...

beiIyKe.jpg

• Like 3

This update is... BLOWING. MY. MIND.

• Like 5

Despite how random loot spawns are now, canned food seems much more rare in general which is awesome (even in areas with a bunch of loot). Anyone experiencing the same?

This update is... BLOWING. MY. MIND.

Yes lol. I was on Smak's stream and Eugen was in the chat briefly. I told him how much of a troll the devs were by announcing a bugfix-heavy update and then delivering THIS. It's just awesome.

EDIT: Look the teddy bear's name is Brian. If you ever wanted to cuddle Hicks, this is your moment! :-)

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 2

Am I only one seeing something like 2,6GB RAM usage for DayZ or even more. I'd like total of 6GB of RAM usage and when I closed DayZ it dropped down to 2,9GB

Guts! Hmmm, yummy! Looks good! :P

3089nr6.jpg

Lol of course ! I hope you're not skipping dinner for that D= ! Can't wait to get home and "do this thang" ... Has anyone seen how often v3s's spawn now ? Or has anyone painted / seen a new colored v3s?

Hunting knife. A blue v3s truck. Exit and entering animations for the truck.

2014-12-17_00001.jpg

Edit: Oh yeah and I found a skull balaclava in a common industrial building and the press vest in a garage.

Edited by BadAsh
  • Like 3

Ugh. Thinking I need to not play this for a bit. I just gave it a go for almost an hour and never made any real progress finding ANYTHING. I spent an entire hour looking until I finally came upon one solitary house with any loot in it, and of all things it was an assault vest  <_< The only other loot I found AT ALL were the teddy bears next to a Christmas tree. Never found any weapons of any kind, but tons and tons of ammo at the Christmas tree. Right now it's just basically impossible for me to stay alive for any length of time because I can't find any food or the means to create my own. Experimental usually has a loot shortage, but this is BY FAR the worst I've ever seen, especially considering it's only been out but a few hours. Victim of the new loot spawn system I guess?

Oh well. I'm not going to be salty about it. I'll just keep checking in here and on Reddit and when my frustration is gone I'll give it another try. Had a lot of my enthusiasm for this update killed though  :( I really, really wish they would add more Experimental servers. There are far too few of them given the demand for that branch.

Edited by Tatanko

Yeah - loot is pretty odd right now but I'm trying to focus on the new map updates. I think I found a new building at the mine up north. Also the V3S looks amazing and I love the new animations. 

Are the big backhoes new at the mine also? 

Edited by solodude23