Sign in to follow this  
twig (DayZ)

Must....resist....the urge....of killing Ghilie Suit players. Sometimes, friendly interactions are better

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening, 

I try my best to get into friendly encounters, instead of just shooting players in the back. I find that, KOS, is the easier way out. I could have easily have killed many of the people I meet, but instead, I feel that talking to them, gives us both a better experience. 

Maybe you dont agree, and I do understand that! Everyone can play however they want, and they dont need to force there playstyle on anyone else. Thats what dayz is all about.

• Like 5

I don't get why people think ghillie suits are so rare. I do have trouble finding netting but I have seen a lot of people with suits already. 

Lbk8gbC.jpg

The ending to that video was disturbing and funny by the way.

meeting people and being friendly for me normally results in trading some much needed supplies. my last encounter with someone gave me a splint to fix a fractured arm, which let me live long enough to find food and live for a while week so far. so for me friendly encounters are the best kind of encounters. KOS almost always damages or ruins something in the person inventory and then what? you feel great you just ruined someones hard earned loot and probably their whole day? (depending on how long they were alive) 

meeting people and being friendly for me normally results in trading some much needed supplies. my last encounter with someone gave me a splint to fix a fractured arm, which let me live long enough to find food and live for a while week so far. so for me friendly encounters are the best kind of encounters. KOS almost always damages or ruins something in the person inventory and then what? you feel great you just ruined someones hard earned loot and probably their whole day? (depending on how long they were alive) 

The chance you take to get supplies that you could just run around and find is not a good chance to take. I normally just KoS when I see an armed/unarmed person running around alone because chances are, that guy is going to kill me eventually. Not going to sneak up on them, announce my presence and request we have a cup of tea and shoot the shit for a hour. That guy is going to see what I am carrying, want it, and kill me to get it. Nope. If you want to interact with people, join a clan or a group that will share with you. Being alone in this game mimics reality. You will not last long alone and strength in numbers trumps all. Not just strength in killing power but also resources. 

• Like 1