Sign in to follow this  
lauri7x3

make v3s (or vehicle in general) more silence

everytime i drive in a v3s i cant understand shit anymore, nor ingame voice nor teamspeak. its rly annoying.

i see its about realism but a good compromis would be great

Is there no option to turn up Teamspeak? I know for a fact that there is an option to turn down the volume of the game, though.

This is going to be incredibly blunt and obvious BUT

Lowering your volume in the game is a decent start

Its a large military and transport truck, stealth isnt really a thing with big trucks.

• Like 3

The V3S is a loud vehicle like everybody said. There will come more cars, and all of them will not be big loud trucks. Wait till the Toyota my friend ;)

I think it's a good thing really, it forces you to go into first person to talk to the passenger.

Lower your volume.

I simply do not like the idea of dead silent old 50s era soviet stealth trucks. Creeping up on players and running there asses over...

Gosh this was an easy one.

wow nearly just stupid answers. should have expected that

so i should turn up ts so loud im going deaf or the game so silence i hear nothing??

i dont want to turn v3s sounds down in general, only for the persons inside the car so they can at least understand them

Maybe now with the upcoming car parts devs will let us equip a silencer in the exhaust... :P

But everybody knows that silencers don't work.

wow nearly just stupid answers. should have expected that

You see, that's the most obvious answer. What exactly do you expect from an old Czechoslovakian truck? It is incredibly loud. And not only that - same argument: it is an old Czechoslovakian truck, not a new German sedan. There's no noise-dampening, it's going to be as loud / even louder on the inside, not at a whispering level.

everytime i drive in a v3s i cant understand shit anymore, nor ingame voice nor teamspeak. its rly annoying.

i see its about realism but a good compromis would be great

If you are in first person when driving the sound is muffled, make sure your friends have their mics closer to their face/ microphone dB turned up all the way (in recording devices/recording device/levels). But if its in direct communication in game, then turn up VOIP all the way, hell, do that anyways. Whenever people in game are talking to you (bandits, strangers, survivors) then you will be able to hear them much better. But in real life the V3S is SHIT LOUD. So if you just cant handle the heat then turn down your in game sound brother.

Is there no option to turn up Teamspeak? I know for a fact that there is an option to turn down the volume of the game, though.

Why do you always make such rhetorical suggestions?  How did you get anywhere with your attitude?

But everybody knows that silencers don't work.

You see, that's the most obvious answer. What exactly do you expect from an old Czechoslovakian truck? It is incredibly loud. And not only that - same argument: it is an old Czechoslovakian truck, not a new German sedan. There's no noise-dampening, it's going to be as loud / even louder on the inside, not at a whispering level.

Clearly a stock and unmodified V3S.  I'm sure minus the roll cage that's exactly how it was when it came off of the line or was found lying around the countryside eh?

Why do you always make such rhetorical suggestions?  How did you get anywhere with your attitude?

Sometimes pointing out the obvious is needed.

Clearly a stock and unmodified V3S.  I'm sure minus the roll cage that's exactly how it was when it came off of the line or was found lying around the countryside eh?

Couldn't find a better video, but Gews has posted one. Is that more comprehensive. Only thing I was trying to say: it's supposed to be loud after all, it's a massive, old truck.

Maybe now with the upcoming car parts devs will let us equip a silencer in the exhaust... :P

This is great idea. Shush the rest of you, lets assume silencers worked :P. I assume it would be a strait through exhaust system by default. So if a back box was included as a piece of loot, you could use it a hacksaw and a wrench to cut the end off the current pipe and botch it onto the end. The result would be a quieter noise.

This could apply to all vehicles. If you have no back box fitted your car runs loud. If you find one and get it on there it makes it more quiet. If the car you put it on is ment to have one its a big reduction in sound. If its a botched on one then not so much but still noticeable :)