VaTiS

Idea about KOS

When you kill someone out of combat there should be an effect of like going crazy or like having a minor mental problem because of feeling guilty ! Awkward but you the devs can improve it ! For example when killing someone you just met there should be a msg like "What have I done?" or something similar :) and after several killings there will an effect like screen trembling or something like illusions like going crazy etc !   

How about people just stop bitching and live with it?

This is a survival game. I am not going to walk up every person I see, shake their hand, and skip off into one of the many forests of chernarus together.

I am a hero, however I tend to engage people a lot more often due to recent attempts at false help, tricks, and now the implementation of cannibalism.

In conclusion, kill on sight should always be permitted. Who gives a damn if you spent hours upon hours gathering all that loot? You get to learn to not make the same mistake again once you actually die. I kill on sight sometimes and I don't give a single flying fuck about what anyone has to say because it is my own personal decision to do so.

This game has a heavy influence on decision making. Let the players play they want to play.

• Like 9

"KOS" has been happening since the early patches of the mod itself, i'm kind of surprised that people _still_ go on about it as if it's something that will ever stop. Get used to it or stop playing, you're doing nothing but wasting time suggesting how to stop it or likewise.

• Like 1

Why make the body feel guilty if the mind doesn't? Also what do you mean with "out of combat"? When is it "right" to kill another survivor and when is it "wrong"? Artificial punishments are never a good idea in open world games.

Instead there should be positive incentives to not KoS:

• survivor identification (face, body, name - not of the artificial kind)
  • a much harsher environment where cooperation greatly improves your chances
  • group based "endgame" features you have no chance to access on your own or with only very few friends
  • "civilian tasks" (farming, maintenance, medicine etc.) not being trivial*
  • maybe a small skill/specialization system for "civilian tasks" (NOT comabt skills, skillpoints or similar things)*
  • persistent "world communication" (notes, sprayed walls etc.)

So many options that would also make for a richer and more authentic experience without forcing a particular playstyle upon players. An artificial system would reduce (viable) options which makes the game poorer and emphasize a "fanatic rules lawyer" playstyle: You follow the rules for "good" by the letter to avoid divine retribution while still getting away with as many questionable things as possible.

*The idea is to make players specialize in certain tasks that fit their playstyles and cooperating/dividing labour.

Edited by Evil Minion
  • Like 4

KOS is and always will be part of any survival game. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to mention it but if you think H1Z1 will be any different you're sadly mistaken. Creating an artificial system to punish people for their play style is silly. PvP is the great equalizer in games like this and losing everything is punishment for making mistakes. Don't get attached to your life/gear and learn from previous encounters that went bad

• Like 1

KOS is a part of the game, deal with it, actually.. Dean with it.

• Like 3

ugh prepare for the flames sir its going to get hot in here. there are a few other games that are actually using and idea similar to yours coming out someday if at all called survive the nights they are using a mental mechanic to curb ass hattery. also if your alone for to long you'll start to hear voices and see shit and if you kill to many folks for stupid reasons and are a murderer you will get depressed and possibly commit suicide or thats the idea. dayz will never have any mechanic like this the game gives humans to much credit thinking we have feelings or a conscience when actually there is none and most folks ruin people times just for the lols now thats immersion for you huh.  

let KOS be KOS, and just lower the chance for bullets to spawn

Thus if you attempt to murder someone you actually have a chance to run out of ammo before dropping 'em

I don't usually KOS but if it ever gets taken out, re-worked to punish you or even makes it harder to do so, I will be finished with this game.

The entire point of this game is to make it realistic. Think for a second, if you were in a post-apocalyptic world would you not be hesitant? Maybe you would sneak around and gather your supplies and sit on a roof and kill everything you see. If everyone is dead, they can't take your food and supplies can they? They also can't take the supplies from the rest of the houses.

I would go even a step further and limit the number of respwans allowed on a particular server per day, so when you do kill someone, it may be their last attempt on that server and they can't come exact revenge.

Again, this is supposed to be a survival, realistic game. Don't complain when you are KOS because you didn't hide or be careful in a zombie apocalypse.

let KOS be KOS, and just lower the chance for bullets to spawn

Thus if you attempt to murder someone you actually have a chance to run out of ammo before dropping 'em

Some high profile folks agree with you. 

also the zombies are pussies, so if you took away the KOS element there'd be no point in stealthing around focused and unseen which is kinda the point of the game in the first place. no KOS = no DayZ as it is intended

The thing is that it's up to the player to feel guilty. If you do it, the character does. Simple immersion :)