vidlover97

Ideas for new maps or areas after release.

I think that a new map that should be made should be in like the east coast Americas like in Mexico or N.America, they could add new rifles that are more common in North America like the ar-15 and less full auto guns because they are usually pretty strict on those here. (Minnesotan here so i don't know what the whole gun situation is on the east coast)

Are you actually serious lol

We haven't even reached beta stage and you're speaking about a new map. 

Edited by NoPaEr10

I think that a new map that should be made should be in like the east coast Americas like in Mexico or N.America, they could add new rifles that are more common in North America like the ar-15 and less full auto guns because they are usually pretty strict on those here. (Minnesotan here so i don't know what the whole gun situation is on the east coast)

Unlikely but, heard something a while back about possibly added other maps from mod ( praying for Namalsk )

Are you actually serious lol

We haven't even reached beta stage and you're speaking about a new map. 

True we haven't reached beta, but note he never mentioned time frame, just something he would like to see, nothing wrong with that

• Like 2

Hah, just because we haven't hit beta doesn't mean we should not discuss ideas. Then again, you put alternating capital letters and a number (possibly your age?) in your name, Nopaer, so I suppose you're just sticking to your guns in a sense.

I, for one, would like to know if Bohemia intend to allow other maps to be ported over into DayZ SA. I love Chernarus+, but it's a huge map that's mostly trees, and anyone's going to get bored if they spend enough time there.

I liked Namalsk in the mod. It seemed less concerned with the zombies and more concerned with PvP, but it was a refreshing change every now and again. Sure, I've got stories aplenty from Chernarus about epic hunts, lengthy stalking missions, all kinds of patient shenanigans to find out where someone's base is. But Namalsk is where I've accrued most of my Utterly Ridiculous Stories. Like that time myself and three others teamed up, found a couple of vehicles and a helicopter.

We went around loading them up with guns and ammo, spare fuel, food and water. Some enterprising fellow managed to steal one off of us - very sneaky, very daring!

This began a fifteen minute aerial chase during which we were having all kinds of fun shouting at him over the direct voice chat to pull over. We'd shout anything we thought was vaguely amusing at him.

Eventually we had the second vehicle tailing him close while I flew the helicopter ahead to paradrop one of my friends into an ambush. It worked. It was epic. It was hilarious. It was a goddamn adventure.

No doubt Chernarus+ shall hold adventures of such a grand scale for me, ranging over most of the map twice. But the flavour of them will be different.

Plus I like the idea of making a replica map of, say, my hometown or some famous city, and dropping the DayZ infrastructure into it. Could you imagine DayZ in Tokyo? Shooting from skyscraper to skyscraper across air bridges? Trying to fly a helicopter through the crowded downtown Harajuku? Epic SMG battles along their lengthy subway systems? Hell, DayZ Manhattan would probably be just as good.

• Like 1

A western european megacity like London, Paris or Berlin including their subway and metro systems....one can dream  :) 

I also really like the location of  "Dying Light" 

• Like 1

This post reeks of pot from where i'm standing.

A western european megacity like London, Paris or Berlin including their subway and metro systems....one can dream  :)

I also really like the location of  "Dying Light" 

A kind of map like that would be quite interesting, and VERY asymmetric - most of those places would have extremely few civilian guns at all, so pretty much every weapon you'd find would be police/military standard. A map in the UK would basically be people with extremely improvised melee weapons (even knives and whatnot would be far rarer than elsewhere) versus a few  with L85s/M4s, AWMs, and Glocks.

France and Germany would have more firearms but you'd still see considerably less than even Chernarus.

If they do make another map I'd rather see some fictional island just off the coast of North Africa, sort of like Altis but with a more varied climate of both desert/plains areas, forest, and tropical areas. A large mix of various ethnic populations and historical presence (Roman, Medieval Muslim, English/French/Spanish colonial, World War II constructions, and a mix of modernization plus traditional North African features.) That way you could also have a super diverse and interesting area with a variety of loot and weapons that also make sense.

My next two choices would be an already impoverished East African region of the world ala Somalia, or somewhere in the middle east, like Takistan from ArmA 2. Either way - any map they do should be fictional, in order to give them more artistic license rather than just requiring recreations of real world locations. With this they can still have real countries existing in the ArmA/DayZverse but aren't forced to exact standards.

And to OP - plenty of guns on the East Coast. They're not AS huge as some parts of the US (i.e. South or Midwest), but go basically ~45 minutes from the shore or major population centers (New York, Boston, Philadelphia, etc.) and you have low gun restriction and rather high ownership. Hell, I've seen a Desert Eagle at a shooting range here, and I live but a half an hour away from the 6th largest city in the country (Philly), so there's no shortage of gun enthusiasts.

• Like 1

And to OP - plenty of guns on the East Coast. They're not AS huge as some parts of the US (i.e. South or Midwest), but go basically ~45 minutes from the shore or major population centers (New York, Boston, Philadelphia, etc.) and you have low gun restriction and rather high ownership. Hell, I've seen a Desert Eagle at a shooting range here, and I live but a half an hour away from the 6th largest city in the country (Philly), so there's no shortage of gun enthusiasts.

What would you say are the top 5 most common guns you see over there?

I live in a family where they max out the amount of stuff i can get away with (as far as weapons go) as a slingshot, so i don't know much about them aside from stuff in games like battlefield 4 and such.

Hah, just because we haven't hit beta doesn't mean we should not discuss ideas. Then again, you put alternating capital letters and a number (possibly your age?) in your name, Nopaer, so I suppose you're just sticking to your guns in a sense.

I, for one, would like to know if Bohemia intend to allow other maps to be ported over into DayZ SA. I love Chernarus+, but it's a huge map that's mostly trees, and anyone's going to get bored if they spend enough time there.

I liked Namalsk in the mod. It seemed less concerned with the zombies and more concerned with PvP, but it was a refreshing change every now and again. Sure, I've got stories aplenty from Chernarus about epic hunts, lengthy stalking missions, all kinds of patient shenanigans to find out where someone's base is. But Namalsk is where I've accrued most of my Utterly Ridiculous Stories. Like that time myself and three others teamed up, found a couple of vehicles and a helicopter.

We went around loading them up with guns and ammo, spare fuel, food and water. Some enterprising fellow managed to steal one off of us - very sneaky, very daring!

This began a fifteen minute aerial chase during which we were having all kinds of fun shouting at him over the direct voice chat to pull over. We'd shout anything we thought was vaguely amusing at him.

Eventually we had the second vehicle tailing him close while I flew the helicopter ahead to paradrop one of my friends into an ambush. It worked. It was epic. It was hilarious. It was a goddamn adventure.

No doubt Chernarus+ shall hold adventures of such a grand scale for me, ranging over most of the map twice. But the flavour of them will be different.

Plus I like the idea of making a replica map of, say, my hometown or some famous city, and dropping the DayZ infrastructure into it. Could you imagine DayZ in Tokyo? Shooting from skyscraper to skyscraper across air bridges? Trying to fly a helicopter through the crowded downtown Harajuku? Epic SMG battles along their lengthy subway systems? Hell, DayZ Manhattan would probably be just as good.

dude no need to make fun of somebody. My username is based on my home country, and my first name. 10 is the number of my idol's jersey. So why insult? People like you seem to have a not-happy life.

cheers

What would you say are the top 5 most common guns you see over there?

I live in a family where they max out the amount of stuff i can get away with (as far as weapons go) as a slingshot, so i don't know much about them aside from stuff in games like battlefield 4 and such.

Depends on precisely where it would be - after all it is a fictional region.

However, assuming it was somewhere around Northwestern Africa, it would probably be comparable to countries like Morocco or Libya, which have very diverse military arsenals.

Morocco, a good comparator, has;

(Expectedly) Large numbers of Soviet/Cold-War Gear:

• AK47s, AKMs, and tons of different Chinese, Romanian, Egyptian, Finnish, and Yugoslav 7.62 AKs - all over the place.
  • AK-74s
  • AKS-74Us
  • Tokarev TT-33s
  • RPDs
  • RPKs
  • PKs
  • NSV Heavy Machine Guns
  • RPG-7Vs

Modernized Eastern weapons, meant to capitalize on the parts, ammunition, and familiarity of older weapons:

• AK-74Ms
  • AK-103s

French colonial gear, from when it was a French colony;

• Beretta AR70s
  • MAB PA-15 Pistols
  • MAS-36s
  • MAS-49/56s
  • MAT-49s
  • Sterling SMGs

American equipment sold/donated throughout its history;

• M16A1s, M16A2s, CAR-15s, and even some M16A4s & M4/M4A1s (pretty much every kind of widespread military AR-15 is in service in some way or another there.)
  • M1 and M2 Carbines
  • M14NMs and MK14s (NMs are original wood variants in semi-auto, MK14s are the modern EBR variant.)
  • Beretta 92FS handguns
  • Barrett M82s and M107s
  • M3 Greasegun SMGs
  • M249 SAWs
  • Browning M1919s
  • Browning M2HBs
  • M72A3 LAWs
  • M47 Dragon guided launchers

Other purchased selective weaponry;

• H&K G3s
  • HK MP5s
  • FN FALs and CETME rifles.
  • FN Minimis (alongside actual M249s)
  • FR-F2 Sniper Rifles
  • Steyr AUG A1s, A2s, and A3s.
  • FAMAS rifles.
  • Ultimax U-100s
  • HK21 LMGs
  • SAR-21s (Yes, from South Africa)
  • Sterling SMGs

And, of course let us not forget all of the retired weapons that still linger around - Garands, Thompsons, Stens, SKS rifles, Mosins. And there are so many black market weapons in Morocco I wouldn't even know where to start. Granted, some of those weapons exist in extremely small quantities and are/were only used in limited roles, but as of 2014 all of them are supposedly in Morocco somewhere.

Plus, unlike quite a few of DayZ's weapons, like the AK-74, AKS-74U, AK-101, and PM-73 which don't really exist in the US at all, pretty much every gun in DayZ currently would be fine in the Moroccan setting.

Basically every kind of weapon from all over the world is found in these regions - hence why it would be extremely awesome to survive in one of them - because they've been through history since pre-classical times to the present day.

Taviana was one of the most popular maps in mod. If you remove those stupid mountains, you get nice cold island map. There must be some interesting maps in Bis archives

There will be new maps, but they will be created by the survivors trough mods. This will be at the end of the beta

• Like 1

There will be new maps, but they will be created by the survivors trough mods. This will be at the end of the beta

#hellstotheyeah!!!

I bet it'l be a while until mods come around for it that won't be bumped out by the devs so they can get a propper modding api running and finish most of the development though. Just more stuff to look forward to I guess. :D

Edited by vidlover97

#hellstotheyeah!!!

I bet it'l be a while until mods come around for it that won't be bumped out by the devs so they can get a propper modding api running and finish most of the development though. Just more stuff to look forward to I guess. :D

We are a long way from that though. All I ask for is that someones make a map mod, so we can go around Raccoon City <3