Koppa (DayZ)

Idea: Fireman's lift/carry.

Hi there. One idea I can't seem to find on this forumn is the ability to carry your friends. . . That being, to carry unconcious or severely injured people over your shoulders. Because leaving my unconcious buddy to the whims of dayz's players and zombies to search for meds usually results in their death. 

Just throwing this up here. Cheers for taking a peek.fireman.jpg

• Like 5

Good idea I think its been suggested before. I want the ability to climb walls and fences, a dragging animation, and a diving animation.

• Like 2

The fireman's carry is now obsolete in today's militaries due to the simple fact that they grew brains and figured out that it's NOT low profile at all. We (Canada) actually just drag casualties by their vests or under their arms now since it's more tacticool.

So yeah, good idea, but maybe swap fireman carry with just a simple dragging animation.

PS. Dragging someone with 100+ lbs of gear on them a mere 40 meters is a hard task, so if they ever think of implementing a real energy system, that should drain it quite fast.

• Like 3

The ability to drag or move other players: Good.

The application of the suggested means: Really bad.

People wear backpacks with large pointy objects protruding from their back.

Now take your diagram; add an SKS with a Bayonet to the would-be carrier; apply carried person to bayonet.

• Like 1

The fireman's carry is now obsolete in today's militaries due to the simple fact that they grew brains and figured out that it's NOT low profile at all. We (Canada) actually just drag casualties by their vests or under their arms now since it's more tacticool.good point I can see the one koopa suggested being a better than thing to add in game.

So yeah, good idea, but maybe swap fireman carry with just a simple dragging animation.

PS. Dragging someone with 100+ lbs of gear on them a mere 40 meters is a hard task, so if they ever think of implementing a real energy system, that should drain it quite fast.

good point the suggestion of fireman carry seems more worthy than dragging. Edited by DaNic2553

The ability to drag or move other players: Good.

The application of the suggested means: Really bad.

People wear backpacks with large pointy objects protruding from their back.

Now take your diagram; add an SKS with a Bayonet to the would-be carrier; apply carried person to bayonet.

I've got three words for you.

Remove.sharp.things.

Edited by DaNic2553

First of all I want to able to carry backpacks on hand.

^^^^  I like this! you can quickly take a book bag from a dead player and run for safety. Then sift through it.

The fireman's carry is now obsolete in today's militaries due to the simple fact that they grew brains and figured out that it's NOT low profile at all. We (Canada) actually just drag casualties by their vests or under their arms now since it's more tacticool.

I got a basic rundown on it in highschool cadets (which isn't the actual military, I concede.)

I also learned how to do that dragging thing by sticking your arms under their armpits and crossing them across the guy's chest.

We could probably have both.

Just some way to make someone ambulatory would be nice. I wouldn't over think it too much. 

I'd love to be able to pick up a unconsious buddy or even foe and carry them away to a different location where I could help/torture them.