pope ramone

Zombies with crazy range

I bought Day z on launch (so I know its early access)  but have recently been experiencing a strange problem and was wondering if anyone has seen similar as I can't seem to fix it and It has basically made the game unplayable at it has happened consistently . 

What happens is around the when I enter a building (and it ONLY seems to happen in buildings) I will begin taking mallee damage without any sound, It will happen over and over until I am dead. There are never any players or zombies close by and appears to happen at random. 

At first I thought it was a hacker as the behavior was so strange but last night I confirmed its actually a zombie attacking me as I saw its animation before I took damage; But he was two rooms away from where I took the first hit. 

I've tried reinstalling it and it has happened across multiple patches and no one I have played with has experienced it . 

I think you might have lost your hitbox. That's happened to me a few times where I ran into a building but still was getting hit by a zombie who was standing outside. The only real fix is to run right where the zombie is attacking and "rescue" your hitbox by running into it.

i had the exact same thing happen, but only once right outside of Gorka....totally fucked over my nicely geared toon, but havent had it happen again since, even on same server...wish i could actually help with your issue, but take comfort in the fact you are not alone...go in peace my son

Edited by thznutz

When this happens, vault. This works every time. I had the same problem.

this....if only i knew then what i know now....

When this happens, vault. This works every time. I had the same problem.

That's awesome, I wish I knew that before. I've always ran back to the door to kill the zombie that's kicking my hitboxes ass!