hypersabotage

Player Zombies

So my buddy and I got talking a while back while playing on a server in the standalone. We're both fairly old hat dayz players from the mod, and at one point he said: "remember when zombies spawned stuff on them?" I did remember but moreover, because we had been talking about persistence in the new servers, what if you had persistent 'player' zombies?

Any time a player died to bleeding out, or infection due to a zombie attack, that player's body, loot included, would be resurrected as a persistent zombie in the server. They would act like regular zombies, with the exception that they still have whatever loot that player had on them when they died. All the loot on that zombie would be openly worn or stored just as the player had in life, and the loot quality would follow the same rules as before (ie. you shoot the zombie, the shirt gets ruined). The original player who died would respawn just as usual.

With this persistent player zombie mechanic, it really opens up the possiblity of a "zombie horde" becoming more of a thing, because as more and more new spawns and old players die in high population threat zones the larger the zombie threat (and loot possibilities!) become. Not only that but it would add far more depth and realism to dayz as a whole, nothing says "im in a zombie apocalypse" than seeing your buddy's corpse now trying to kill you.

The one big problem I see with this idea, is how much of a strain it would put on the servers. It would be awseome to implement this idea but if it makes the lag unbearable, then I would have to say no. Perhaps if there was a population denity cap for the persistent zombies (ie z's/mile^2 would have to be limited) to reduce strain on servers and keep the game running smoothly. Old persistent Z's could be cycled out as new ones come in.

So thanks for reading! Let me know what you think, comments, questions concerns. Maybe if this gets enough support we can get this implemented!

Edited by hypersabotage

As mentioned in most topics about this suggestion: the zombies in the SA are not dead people come back to life. They're live humans infected with a disease. Basically we're not killing zombies, but diseased people.

• Like 2

As mentioned in most topics about this suggestion: the zombies in the SA are not dead people come back to life. They're live humans infected with a disease. Basically we're not killing zombies, but diseased people.

^This, as well as us survivors being immune to the infection anyway.