punkvegita

Suicidal Loot

I don't understand if you haven't fixed the ladders why put loot where you have to climb them to get it?

To weed out those who can't climb ladders from those who can.

Only true warriors may climb the sacred ladders of Chernaraus. If you are unable to do so, you are unworthy to even gaze upon the beauty of the great ladder, and are lucky that you arent killed where you stand for smothering such awesomness with your disgusting sinful eyes!

• Like 3

What are people doing to die from climbing ladders? I've never once died.

Not sure as i've never had it myself, but i expect its related to poor server performance and/or low end pc hardware.

Seems most random deaths are caused by the client and server getting out of sync.

They Die from UNworthiness.. Once ON the sacred ladder it instantly recognizes they are Nubs.

And it casts them from the rung for even daring to touch.

ONLY the worthy may climb to gaze upon the reward hidden at its Peak.

They Die from UNworthiness.. Once ON the sacred ladder it instantly recognizes they are Nubs.

That was my second guess.

What are people doing to die from climbing ladders? I've never once died.

A couple months ago  I was climbing the ladder to the top of the schoolhouse and my character flew out about 20 feet sideways from the building and died.

Yes I have 200 hours and have never had a problem with ladders or stairs ever and I play with 3g internet! So strange that it affects some but not everyone. 

Yusssss my brother, you understand the struggle of upholding the ladders sacred teachings!

I was beautifully looted and suited as a medic pristine reds top to bottom, 2 first aid kits, a pistol, and any necc survival odds and ends. Ready to RP the heck outta dayz

I stupidly decided to log off on a tower.

Logged on next day, all is well.

There was a new canteen (or did I not see it last time) on the top. I decided to go back up to get it.

I tried to carry it in my hand going down as I was fully encumbered.

Splat. (don't carry items and climb?) That was yesterday, and I am still a little gutted.

I have had stairs break my legs a couple of times (it has been a while) and I have died once from a ladder but it was because the server lagged and I some how fell off it.  Other than that I really haven't noticed any issue but then I tend to avoid ladders, not due to being worried that I will die from them but how utterly defenseless you are while upon them.

I was beautifully looted and suited as a medic...

Splat. (don't carry items and climb?) That was yesterday, and I am still a little gutted.

Ouch, I feel your pain. Even after hundreds of hours things like that get me too.

Most recently I was on top of a building carrying a second rifle in my hands. I knew trying to carry it down wouldn't end well so I decided to be smart and "throw" the second rifle off the roof and onto the ground before taking the ladder down. Unfortunately I did a two-step right off the edge of the roof while throwing and ended up falling to my death.

But, I take it as a sign that it's time to move on and start anew!