Borges (DayZ)

Making self defense possible?

I think this has been mentioned before but I don't think it has been mentioned using leet coding skills.

So I'm playing dayz at -1,500 humanity, and trying very very hard to not become a bandit. Then some survivor clown starts shooting me on sight, hits me a couple times. I make a run for it, but he gets too close to one of my stashes so I take him out. Now I'm at -3500 humanity and back into a bandit skin, yay. It's at this point where it would be nice if zombies gave a humanity increase, say like, 3-5 humanity per killed zombie so unwanted bandit skins can atleast have a chance to regain some humanity. The tricky part is preventing the values going past 2000 so survivors can use it as easy mode to gain hero status. 

I know the humanity system is being reworked or removed or whatever, but as a placeholder would it ever be possible to be like

if(humanity >= 2000)

{

zed_humanity = 0

}

It would ultimately be bad ass, if this was implemented. This would make self defense POSSIBLE!

Please post all of your hatred or warm love below :)

Edited by Borges
  • Like 1

Easy mode to hero? 

What about bandits using it as easy mode to stay in a survivor skin?  :rolleyes:

Easy mode to hero? 

What about bandits using it as easy mode to stay in a survivor skin?  :rolleyes:

Umm, no. Killing a survivor usually results in -1,000 to -1,500 humanity loss which means if the bandit kill even 5 players, that's a shit load of zombies he has to kill to get back to survivor.

Bandits that have -150k, or -1 million humanity have no chance. They are blood bandits. I'm talking about in favor of survivors that happen to kill out of self defense that drop into the small negative range, and there being a chance for come back besides blood bagging.

I only mentioned a 2000 humanity cap because there was a post a while ago saying this would never happen because people could just hero up too easily.

Edited by Borges

Ok. There's no public hive anymore right? So I start on a server, kill 2 guys to gear up and head to NWAF (or anothe high z spawn). I spend a few hours in and around there killing z's. Good to go. I'm now a friendly player again. B)

I've played that game on Epoch many times. The hero trader usually has lower prices.  :D  

Ok. There's no public hive anymore right? So I start on a server, kill 2 guys to gear up and head to NWAF (or anothe high z spawn). I spend a few hours in and around there killing z's. Good to go. I'm now a friendly player again. B)

I've played that game on Epoch many times. The hero trader usually has lower prices.  :D  

I can see your point, but if you were to keep killing on sight  it would add up pretty quick unless you enjoy farming zombie kills so you would still be working for humanity.  To be honest I forgot there was an auto humanity gain in place anyways, but it goes up really slow. By the time I'd gain 1000 humanity I'd probably already run into another kos'er to defend myself from. I guess it's better than nothing.

Also vanilla is much harder than epoch, so comparing them is pretty moot. Killing zeds in vanilla will use a lot of ammo and draw a lot of attention, or be dangerous consistently meleeing them whereas in epoch there's crazy amounts of ammo and food etc.

Edited by Borges

How exactly does the system work, which determines "in combat"?

Maybe that could be used to find out who attacked on sight and who just defended himself.

Not suitable for "stop looting my stash or I shoot you" but still good against KOS.

How exactly does the system work, which determines "in combat"?

Maybe that could be used to find out who attacked on sight and who just defended himself.

Not suitable for "stop looting my stash or I shoot you" but still good against KOS.

I think if the victim gets shot and shoots or kills the aggressor, they still lose humanity but less. When I shot him the first time after he shot me I lost 100 humanity but I didn't kill him. Probably would've lost more if I had though but not as much as an aggressive kill.

Edited by Borges

Another suggestion.  Maybe make the bandit skin require a much lower humanity.  Maybe -10k.  

Also not everyone's cup of tea but for the most part I think iconic representations should be removed or very hard to obtain.  It would really add uncertainty to encounters.  I've said this before my friendly killer is my hero.  He who protects me is my friend.  I also don't view a bandit as immediate KOS.  I've met so many 'bandits' that were very trust worthy.

For me a player's actions speak more than their skin.  For example if a player is hanging out in roofs or perched up on a hill they are more likely to be shot then stumbling on a few bandits cooking meat in the forest.

I'm also against gaining humanity killing bandits.  Killing humans by it's very nature is inhumane regardless of whether that person is good or bad.  If we keep status quo with skins maintaining a high humanity should be a badge of honor.  It's indicative of a person who's valued human life regardless of whether the person deserved to live.

Edited by Geryon

Pff nah man bandit skins get the bullet. :) I used to have -1.5 million humanity and got raped constantly, revenge is all mine this time!

Edited by Borges

If you play hero you can knockout enemies who threaten you. Take their weapon away and let them live.

If you play hero you can knockout enemies who threaten you. Take their weapon away and let them live.

This?