Sign in to follow this  
Ugly (DayZ)

Zombie immunity upon spawning

Load into a game. Before the city is even finished loading, I am being attacked by a zombie.

1) I logged out safely on the third floor of the building

2) The zombie attacking me was beneath me, then teleported up to the third floor (the door to the room is closed)

I would like some kind of system that makes you invisible/invincible to zombies for like, 1 minute after you load, to give the servers time to catch up. Or perhaps until you take your first step, you cannot be hurt/seen/smelt by a zombie.

It's not gaming the system, it's not an unrealistic game aspect, it is simply acknowledging the fact that you are vulnerable while the game finishes loading. I don't see how a simple system like this would be able to be abused. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go find a new wool coat.

Edited by Ugly
  • Like 2

I'm not certain about this. But i think that something like this that your suddgesting, is going to be implomented in the game soon. I think it stands in there latest news flash post or what ever you want to call it :)

I've only ever been attacked two or three times when logging in. One was a player who just happened to run by, the other two were zombies which I dispatched rather easily before they could even reach me. As for not getting time to respond, my game loads in under 5 seconds most of the time. That is decidedly not enough time for a zombie to kill you.

+1 as long as its only during the "lag" between loading into the server and loading on client.

Although IMO this (and the teleporting zombie the OP mentioned) are bugs, that should be addressed when the whole server redesign is complete, without any need fro special protections.

It'd be nice if they didn't spawn in your character while you're still on the "Please wait..." menu, because you can't see, can't defend yourself, it's pretty dumb.

I do not like spawn immunity of any kind because it does screw over players. So I just support the "spawn when the game is ready loading and you got full control of your character" approach. Maybe even with a "ready button" to avoid survivors standing around with their players not yet in control.

Not a fan of this idea. Though I would love not to spawn a new character beside a zombie, I like having wait time where you cant see or do anything and people can kill you. It discourages server hopping.

I do not like spawn immunity of any kind because it does screw over players. So I just support the "spawn when the game is ready loading and you got full control of your character" approach. Maybe even with a "ready button" to avoid survivors standing around with their players not yet in control.

I think that after you have loaded in and are ready, you appear when you begin to move

Not a fan of this idea. Though I would love not to spawn a new character beside a zombie, I like having wait time where you cant see or do anything and people can kill you. It discourages server hopping.

what? There is already a wait time for server hopping. Your argument makes no sense

In no way is it acceptable to be killed in a game by AI while you are logging in/game initializing in my opinion.

+1 OP.

It's like playing Madden and the defense gets to jump the line before you hike the ball.

log of in the woods outside of the city. you want to be able to log off in a sniper camp spot and want immunity to zeds. ummmmmm no if you don't want aggro then log of in a safe location not in the city. think mcfly think

• Like 1

log of in the woods outside of the city. you want to be able to log off in a sniper camp spot and want immunity to zeds. ummmmmm no if you don't want aggro then log of in a safe location not in the city. think mcfly think

Took the words right out of my mouth. 

A little common sense goes a long way.