d.walker43

sightings of V3S?

So, where have you guys found V3S's at? I've been looking for a while and havnt found one. This can be an unofficial database for where V3S's are spawning. Anybody that has found one please post here where it was sighted at, in order to help others. Thank you.

found one on stable server in Lopatino last night

There are a bunch of spawn points and only 3 per server. But trust me when i say this they are definitely out there. Today I drove two  around the whole map. Found one in kobanino after the server restarted and my v3s disappeared  in northwest. The first one i found in dubrovka. I used it to visit every military installation. Its a bit of a relief to be able to cross the map in very little time. 

I found one in Karmanovka last night. Then shortly after the server crashed lolol.

Found one in Stary Sobor yesterday, drove around the airfield for a while. It's not a nice vehicle, difficult to turn.

Is it supposed to have inventory space, by the way? I thought I saw a view contents option when I first got in, but couldn't find it afterwards.

just found one in the quarry of severograd after 2-3 hours of searching most of the above map but then I couldnt get it up the hill and then finally I got it out and made it 200m before getting stuck on a tiny white fence rail.  Left shift gives it power.  It doesnt run anything over and gets stuck easy so drive it with delicate care keeping it centered in the road ...

Do I need fuel for V3S? and where I can find?

Help :beans:  :thumbsup:  B)

As far as I know you need a fuel can (found in sheds and garages a lot of the time) and it is filled up at the petrol stations around the map.

Then walk round to the passenger side of the truck and you'll see the fuel cap, when you're close to that an option should come up to fill the truck up.

I think it takes four or five can fills for a full tank but I don't know because I've never tried.

I find 1 in camenolom in svetlogosk and i lost all my fuel :(

To fill the v3s you actually have to put the gas canister (Jerry can) in your hands then get into the drivers seat then use the scroll wheel to go the action called "refuel" , but be careful because for some strange reason they decided to put a "empty canister" action directly under the "refuel" option so don't press that unless you want to waste your gas in the can ...

I know it doesn't make much sense yet but the vehicle is still in a very prototype stage , and it doesn't hold any gear yet , if you have a passenger that just got disconnected or just hopped out of your truck you usually see the "view contents" button as if you can see what it's holding but that's just a glitch and it unfortunately can't hold anything yet .

Found one in Staroye, near the long barn in the northern part of the town. There was a jerry can nearby also, in the small concrete depot with the boxes with the taiwanese flag on them.  It was a welcome diversion...the hungarian/english 1st person server I'm playing in currently is seemingly full of players addicted to bum-rushing other people. Killed four in just two days, and witnessed two more assaults against other players from afar...hell, how I miss experimental.

Only notice i had of one so far was somebody racing through Elektro. Didn't want to give us a lift.

Ok, so the past two or three nights I've been very lucky in that each time I've logged on I've managed to find myself a VS3 (on stable). Last night after I found one I'm heading North to pick up a friend. No roads in particular, just driving through fields. I seen a black box, as it appeared on my screen, moving in stages across a field. My graphics are anything but poor so I wondered what it was. I drove towards it. As I got closer I seen it was another player in a Ghillie suit. They took some shots at me and hit me at least once so I took some damage and was bleeding. I carried on through the fields but this douchebag was keeping up with me, keeping up with a truck, and taking shots at me the whole time. For a while I heard nothing, I thought I had managed to get far enough away so I quickly jumped out the VS3 with my fuel cannister in hand and dropped it, ready to bandage myself. The second the engine cut out as I exited, it started up again, and he was driving it away. Then I was dead.

Edited by Tactical Nuke

I found one in Polana, on farm. Two days later my friend found another in Pogorevka. Same server. I fliped my when I hit logs next to road. Friend got stuck on the Rock. It should be harder to get stuck with all wheel drive truck.

Found one in Gorka and Zaprudnoe so far.

Anyone know how to turn the truck off? I've left it running when out looting would like to turn it off.

Just today a guy drove up to the jail near the two lone hangars where my friend was hanging out at. me and another clan member were across by the civi hangers when we hear a truck. All i hear on TS is "TRUUUCCKKK!!" 
the player ran into the jail and was sprayed down. later ate her ;D

after we killed and skinned the poor kid we put the v3s out on the air strip as bait. only one other poor bastard fell for it. damn, V3S' are fun!

I've only found a handful of V3S'. my first was in Kabanino, second in Msta, and the most recent one i found was in Staroye. i'd go searching for the trucks around the east side of the map, that's where you'll have the best luck finding one.