Sign in to follow this  
büffel

Jerrycan problem

Hello !

Can anybody tell me if the Jerrycan is working as intended? today i found one! but i could not pick it up and not getting it into my backpack

And btw did anyone found a V3S? I was looking all spawn points on 5 empty servers but never found one.

There are numerous V3S on Experimental, not seen any on the current Stable.

As for the jerry can, yes they work. As they take up so much room in a back pack I tend to just carry them from their location to the truck. You carry them like any other item, it'll offer you the usual "take in hands" option from the context menu.

To fill up the V3S, you need to go to the passengers side of the vehicle and you'll see the fuel tank. If you have a can in your hands the context menu will offer you the option to fill the vehicle.

I've never been in a position where I have a jerry can in my hands and I am at a fuel tank or a petrol station so I can't tell you if that has been implemented yet.

Robbed a V3 off some kid who thought it was funny to take potshots at me and my buddy. The handling SUCKS, but trillions of times better then running :D 

Robbed a V3 off some kid who thought it was funny to take potshots at me and my buddy. The handling SUCKS, but trillions of times better then running :D

Don't get used to it as ready and working vehicles will be a thing of the past ;)

See my bug bear about the V3s? 

I appreciate the bugs involved in them, the handling being shit, the interior a bit rough and ready, the easy way you can get killed by accident or even the lack of storage space, all these things are clearly because they are just in development.

No the most frustrating, and I hate to say schoolboy error, is the view from the 1PP camera. It's ridiculously restricted and needs to be lowered by at least half a metre (in game context). I smacks of just lacklustre testing that someone didn't bother even trying the vehicle in 1PP view or if they did they didn't do so for very long as the problems are apparent almost the second you hit a gradient of even the slightest incline.

I defend the devs, and support their efforts, but in many ways I find it difficult to believe that they did not even consider this an issue.

Sounds like I am (to use a classic Scottish phrase) like a Christmas card; full o' greeting, but it does seem such a blatantly obvious thing.

Don't get used to it as ready and working vehicles will be a thing of the past ;)

Haha, to true, gonna enjoy it while I can :D