bobotype3334

Clearing this up: DayZ is NOT years afterwards

I'm guessing the OP wasn't around during the days where finding rotten fruit was more common than finding edible fruit.

Holy shit..

You all are on to me.  :o

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Explosive diarrhea can be a bitch

Can be? Wait, maybe I shouldn't ask.

Edited by creature
  • Like 1

I guess you're too concerned.

The epipen expiration date is April 2015 (visible on the epipen). If we can still use it, that means we are somewhere before April 2015.

Hey, I like this guy.  :beans:

Well if it takes place days after the outbreak there should be plenty of vehicles and guns to go around.

Well if it takes place days after the outbreak there should be plenty of vehicles and guns to go around.

There would also be hundreds of survivors still trying to escape

Haha, no.

Chernarus is not basically Afghanistan. Its actually very different. Charnarus is based on Czech Republic, and that's a whole other country. In fact its not even on the same continent. People in Chech is not poor, some are of course, but in general they do ok.They sure as hell has nice buildings there.

I was in Brno two weeks ago, and i can promise i would have instantly known if something was wrong if i somehow ended up in Afghanistan.

You missed the entire point. There was a long civil war and insurgency, where most of the infrastructure in the area has been left unfixed due to the fighting.

• Like 1

Can't be - sorry - tangles of grass and bushes, whole trees, would be growing everywhere in the city streets.

Look at photos of Pripyat, Chernobyl on the web (evacuated in 2 days in 1986)  or photos of the condition of the buildings and environment (e.g. car-parks) of the Sarajevo 1984 Olympics

- you'll find this real life photo-info with a 5 minute search.

But newly-added DayZ building interiors have a more abandoned and open to the weather look, I think. Interiors decay very fast if the windows are left broken in this climate. Perhaps the DayZ artists have included elements from those photos in their baseline ideas.. whatever, its cool as far as I'm concerned.

If you want to know what happened before Day Z, you"re on a looser. Check these forums for 2 years of arguments about it.

xx pilgrim

What happened before DayZ is stone canon, it's just the devs have neglected to make that clear and people are pretty ignorant of it.

Does any of this really matter though?  :|

Lore helps to immerse you in the game, so yes.

• Like 1

What happened before DayZ is stone canon, it's just the devs have neglected to make that clear and people are pretty ignorant of it.

- Check these forums for 2 years of arguments about it.

(I'm not taking sides)

It's all a dream!

The endgame is you wake up in your Chernarussian home and you are nothing but a potato farmer.

• Like 3

Who actually cares this much .. ITS A GAME !!

Does any of this really matter though?  :|

This message was to people who care about the game's time period in relation to General Discussion or Suggestions, mah nigz. If that doesn't matter to you, you don't have to comment on it.

I'm guessing the OP wasn't around during the days where finding rotten fruit was more common than finding edible fruit.

Son, I've been playing the mod since 2012 and the game since January, and joined this forum in what, February?. I do remember, but being less common than its rotten counterpart doesn't make the fresh fruit irrelevant to the discussion anyway. If even 1 fresh banana is around and 20000 rotten bananas you have to ask "how the fuck did all these bananas get here when they only grow in the tropics? They must have been here about 5 weeks at most."

There would also be hundreds of survivors still trying to escape

My friend, zombie infections are exponential-- you have patient zero, and he infects like 4 other people who in turn run away and infect 4 more each on their own. A zombie invasion can in theory be very, very quick. It might take 28 days, perhaps.

Edited by bobotype3334

Son, I've been playing the mod since 2012 and the game since January, and joined this forum in what, February?. I do remember, but being less common than its rotten counterpart doesn't make the fresh fruit irrelevant to the discussion anyway. If even 1 fresh banana is around and 20000 rotten bananas you have to ask "how the fuck did all these bananas get here when they only grow in the tropics? They must have been here about 5 weeks at most."

My friend, zombie infections are exponential-- you have patient zero, and he infects like 4 other people who in turn run away and infect 4 more each on their own. A zombie invasion can be very quick.

Child, speak to me with that tone again and you will get a lashing of a life time. ;)

So remember when you make feedback, DayZ occurs at maximum 2 or so weeks after the zombie outbreak. NOT YEARS.

Paint fades and peels in a couple weeks?

drAFLWO.jpg

Edited by SkrooLoose
  • Like 2

Child, speak to me with that tone again and you will get a lashing of a life time. ;)

Infant, hold your tongue around your elders. I'll give you what for. ;)

Paint fades and peels in a couple weeks?

If you bothered to read my OP:

"If anyone wants to bring up the run down buildings as evidence of years of decay, just remember Chernarus is basically Afghanistan: Everyone is poor, and there's been civil war for months. The buildings are crapholes because nobody was taking care of them even before they were zombified."

There is paint peeling on my damn house RIGHT NOW, and I live in a first world developed nation. Chernarus is a poor, ex-Soviet farming community existing after a civil war. I don't think giving these peasant buildings a regular coat of Dulux is a priority. For Pete's sake some of them live in log cabins. I assumed I made this Very Clear in the OP to avert this kind of silliness.

Infant, hold your tongue around your elders. I'll give you what for. ;)

Embryo, I will give you a switching of a life time :D

Embryo, I will give you a switching of a life time :D

Sperm, I will beat you off with both hands :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: 

Can't be - sorry - tangles of grass and bushes, whole trees, would be growing everywhere in the city streets.

Look at photos of Pripyat, Chernobyl on the web (evacuated in 2 days in 1986)  or photos of the condition of the buildings and environment (e.g. car-parks) of the Sarajevo 1984 Olympics

- you'll find this real life photo-info with a 5 minute search.

But newly-added DayZ building interiors have a more abandoned and open to the weather look, I think. Interiors decay very fast if the windows are left broken in this climate. Perhaps the DayZ artists have included elements from those photos in their baseline ideas.. whatever, its cool as far as I'm concerned.

If you want to know what happened before Day Z, you"re on a looser. Check these forums for 2 years of arguments about it.

xx pilgrim

You forgot that it takes place on another planet. Populated by projections of people called avatars. The reality on that planet is totally alien to our own. The physics, rate of decay, time passage, its all different there.

Its more similar to a video game then an actual real life place when you think about it.

You missed the entire point. There was a long civil war and insurgency, where most of the infrastructure in the area has been left unfixed due to the fighting.

Yeah, you are right.

If something is correct or not doesn't matter as long as there is a point to be given. My bad:)

Edited by skoms

So I see many people holding the mistaken notion that DayZ is set "years" or "several years" after the outbreak of zombies and collapse of society.

No. The game is set in a period of days after the outbreak, that's why it's called Day Z, right? If you don't believe my say-so, here's the in-game evidence:

If anyone wants to bring up the run down buildings as evidence of years of decay, just remember Chernarus is basically Afghanistan: Everyone is poor, and there's been civil war for months. The buildings are crapholes because nobody was taking care of them even before they were zombified.

Days is long enough for looters to clear the supermarkets and only leave scraps, but short enough for fruit in people's houses to still be edible.

So remember when you make feedback, DayZ occurs at maximum 2 or so weeks after the zombie outbreak. NOT YEARS.

then why are guns and shit so un common? if it happened dayz before, then why is everything just GONE. there would be cars and guns every where, people and zombies too. 

and finding vehicles without parts is supposed to be how vehicles work when they are eventually added and optimized, and if its the apocalypse, most people would be dead, right? then why is everything so off? its a game, but things just dont add up. 

but thats why i love this game, it doesnt have official lore for the most part. you make the story up as you go. it could be something different every time, and could even change how you play (if you role play, that is)

You forgot that it takes place on another planet. Populated by projections of people called avatars. The reality on that planet is totally alien to our own. The physics, rate of decay, time passage, its all different there.

..//..

Its more similar to a video game then an actual real life place when you think about it.

You pick on me to tell me we're on an alien planet ??

HHHahhh -hhahaha-hah - ahhahh - ha hah ahhn .. .. .. ha-ha-ha-hah haha-hah hah

ha-ha-h

ha

.....gronfle

xx

Explosive diarrhea can be a bitch

nah - just shout "incoming" and throw yourself flat

• Like 1