Sign in to follow this  
gutzufuss

BattlEye/VAC Question

Hello everyone,

I have create a program for DayZ and need to know if there could be any problems in connection with BattlEye/VAC. The program monitors the "...\DayZ\NAME.DayZProfile" file and read it if the file-content get changed; the program also write into this file. This all happens while DayZ is running.

My question: Could there be any problems with BattlEye or VAC while I run my program?

I think no, because the files in the documents directory are only configuration files, which can be changed from everyone at any time (regardless of whether it get changed manually or by a program). I just want to make sure if there will be no problem with any of the anti-cheat programs.

(sorry for my bad english skills)

That's something you should ask Valve and BattlEye. Noone here - including mods and devs - are aware of what the anticheat systems actually monitor and what is a banable offense for them.

That's something you should ask Valve and BattlEye. Noone here - including mods and devs - are aware of what the anticheat systems actually monitor and what is a banable offense for them.

ty for the answer.

First, I tried to connact the DayZ Developers, but I found only the PR & Marketing Inquiries, Business & Licensing and Job Opportunities E-Mails from Bohemia Interactive. Second, I tried to conntact BattlEye, I found an E-Mail but wasn't sure if this is the correct way, because DayZ use BattlEye and VAC.

I think Im gonne send a E-Mail to BattlEye now!

• Like 1

support@battleye.com

May i ask what your program does ?

My program save the server IP and server Name (+ date/time). It's like a history for the desktop! I show all servers in a DataGridView (list) and you are able to select one of them to be the "main" server (this means the server will be added to the config-file = join this server by clicking "play" in DayZ). Just a little program and I also know there are already history-programs like this (I saw 1 created in Java).

I try to give some more information. Maybe the program could check if the DayZ.exe runs and than also save the time how long you played on which server (at all, and for the day). So many options how you could improve such a program, but without the known that it is save to use it, I will not continue programming.

but without the known that it is save to use it, I will not continue programming.

Smart move.

But sounds like quite a handy tool. Best of luck for your project!