Sign in to follow this  
Irish.

Im really loving the new ghillie camo..

How about you?

oaCgD3J.jpg

With persistence I think it will be nice to have to drop your pack, to don your full suit.. which you'll either have to wear around or hide to retrieve later. Sounds like a ton of fun.. I personally like the head piece and Mosin camo right now. Look great on your character, and offer a ton of camo without any drawbacks (except in urban, lol) 

• Like 2

I like it too, but have not found netting yet. So i have not been able to make one. But when 0,51 go to stable, and i can make myself a base where i can store items again, i will surly make a full kit and camp at NWAF or NEAF with my long range mosin.

• Like 2

I like it too, but have not found netting yet. So i have not been able to make one. But when 0,51 go to stable, and i can make myself a base where i can store items again, i will surly make a full kit and camp at NWAF or NEAF with my long range mosin.

See those boats right above the V3S? Check those for netting (all over the coast of the map of chernarus). :)

hvTw3JT.jpg

Edited by lrish
  • Like 2

See those boats right above the V3S? Check those for netting (all over the coast of the map of chernarus). :)

Nice. Thanks for the info. I thought boats only had shoes, raincoats and hats..:)

• Like 1

About netting - go at the coast near Cherno - PROFIT. Boats every 400m.

Head piece is looking like afro hairstyle so its funny.

But at all I don't like the idea of ghillie camo because in my opinion the game is not about gearing up like Billy Zane or Tom Berenger. :D

I'm liking that slightly camp, hand on hip stance Irish.

Doesn't wearing a ghillie mean you can't have a vest or backpack or something similar?

• Like 1

You should find bandana in some other colour

A purple bandana is not optional, it's a must have.

Also @Irish welcome to Berezhki, lovely little village. Spent most of the 0.5 patch there :)

• Like 1

I'm liking that slightly camp, hand on hip stance Irish.

You noticed all that sass?! 

..I was just feeling far too sexy when the photographer showed up ;)

• Like 2

I need to hop on exp. The servers are always packed to the ceiling, and hard to even get on though.

After reading about the ghillie suit I def will ubtain at least the head peice and rifle rap. As far as the torso peice, I may not make that part becuase you cant carry a back pack with it. Persist would have to really work well before I want to do that. This new improvised gear fit my play style like a glove though.

Edited by CJFlint

I need to hop on exp. The servers are always packed to the ceiling, and hard to even get on though.

After reading about the ghillie suit I def will ubtain at least the head peice and rifle rap. As far as the torso peice, I may not make that part becuase you cant carry a back pack with it. Persist would have to really work well before I want to do that. This new improvised gear fit my play style like a glove though.

It does.. you can put a pack down, a gun down and come back to it 5 days later.. still there if you hid it well. Been doing it all week on exp. 

;)

• Like 1

Doesn't wearing a ghillie mean you can't have a vest or backpack or something similar?

Only thing that you can't wear when in full ghillie is a backpack.  :)

• Like 1

It does.. you can put a pack down, a gun down and come back to it 5 days later.. still there if you hid it well. Been doing it all week on exp. 

;)

That sounds asome then! I would be much more willing to go with the full suit if, there was a place for me to store my crap. Although I could just use the head peice and hide under a fur tree to cover the rest....

I only messed with persistants on a limited bases becuase I don't wanna lose my stuff...as long as it works I'm going to start using it.

• Like 1

Only thing that you can't wear when in full ghillie is a backpack.  :)

It does not affect your raging rock hard erection though..  I tested that thoroughly. 

• Like 1

It does not affect your raging rock hard erection though..  I tested that thoroughly. 

I pretty much need a 2nd Mosin wrap to conceal mine.

• Like 2

A purple bandana is not optional, it's a must have.

Also @Irish welcome to Berezhki, lovely little village. Spent most of the 0.5 patch there :)

The knight has spoken, and we all shall obey..... 

Nice. Thanks for the info. I thought boats only had shoes, raincoats and hats.. :)

They do mostly. But only because some other damn player has taken all the netting.

Far too easy to craft with few negatives.

Really wish they would go 1st person only and have anything you wear on your face obscure vision so a ghillie head piece hurts vision

• Like 3

How do you make the suit?

I am pretty sure it is netting and burlap sacks. I almost 100% certain netting itself is a completly new item in .51, that can be found in garages and civ loot spawns I'm pretty sure. I havn't been on exp too much, those servers are hard to get on becuase of the new truck. 

For the hat its 1 burlap 1 netting, same for the rifle.

The suit......I think it might require more. BUT you have to give up your back pack to wear the main suit peice. Thats were you either have to decide wether you just don't mind not having a pack OR want to store it on a persist server.

Edited by CJFlint

Really wish they would go 1st person only and have anything you wear on your face obscure vision so a ghillie head piece hurts vision

Or we could just all play in 3pp and hide in bushes using god cam to survey the landscape in beautiful technicolor 360* godcam mode!

Or we could just all play in 3pp and hide in bushes using god cam to survey the landscape in beautiful technicolor 360* godcam mode!

It's such a shame too.

The gameplay benefits would be amazing.

Helmets and masks provide ballistic protection yet no negatives that's crappy.

Imagine having to weight having restricted vision vs increased ballistic protection, increased camo, gas protection.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Well, perhaps it easy, but it is very time consuming to make a full set. You need a lot of this burlap sack, and when i search for them to make a backpack i never find one. Can't imagine how many places you must search to find enough of them. Especially on servers where loot tables work properly. It may take a few hours to find everything you need.

They are 1st person only. All you have to do is too play on a 1st person only server.

When it comes to the part where you say it should hurt you vision. The vision is all ready obscured on 1st person servers only because the field of view is so much more narrow then in real life. And you would not put a bush in your face when using a ghillie in real life either. You use paint to camouflage the face, so it make no sense to punish players with even more limited vision then it all ready is.

The punishment for not being able to carry a backpack is enough.

I am pretty sure it is netting and burlap sacks.

Reciepe has changed. You now need to cut the burlap sack with a knife to craft burlap stripes. For the ghillie hood you'll need 2 Strips and one netting. Not sure about the other parts tho.

• Like 2

Hood = 2 strips, 1 netting

Gun Wrap = 2 strips, 1 netting

Half Suit = 4 strips, 1 netting

Full Suit = 6 strips, 1 netting

I think..  :lol:

• Like 2