Sign in to follow this  
therandomredstone

Kicked From Servers?

So in DayZ, last night my microphone was being dumb, so I had to type to communicate with people, anytime I said "hey" or "lets travel together", or just ANYTHING, about 60 seconds later it kicked me from the game saying something along the lines of "kicked from session. BattleEye: kicked for chat restriction". btw this was on a 1st/3rd person south-central experimental server. So what happened here?

I think if you spam the chat it can kick you. If you use profanity it can kick you aswell. Did you do any of those two?

Speaking like this is picked as "spam"

hello

yeah I am hungry a lot

oh man thanks a lot I really appreciate it

if you say those in 10 seconds approx (or talk in sentences like that) you can get kicked.

I think if you spam the chat it can kick you. If you use profanity it can kick you aswell. Did you do any of those two?

Speaking like this is picked as "spam"

hello

yeah I am hungry a lot

oh man thanks a lot I really appreciate it

if you say those in 10 seconds approx (or talk in sentences like that) you can get kicked.

That Is kind of dumb, they should only kick you If you say a million things in two seconds, or something like that.

If you're being kicked for typing in chat it's not got to do with DayZ. This is being caused by BEC, which is responsible for scheduled Server-Messages and -Restarts.

It's a simple misconfiguration I think the limit is set to 8 messages until kicked the last time I typed over EXP which was a few months ago.  Its does not reflect poorly against your account, it is a kick for chat spam.  If you text a warning message should appear, 7 more times after that you will most likely be kicked.  I have not tested a cool down timer to see when it clears but it has been this way on EXP for a bit now.

EDIT: Moved to Troubleshooting.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes